Dev Phone Contest Winners Obligations

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

One of the great joys of running this site is to give away, a phone or two every month. With doing this ,you take on a responsibility, to DroidRazr. Here are a simple set of rules that we ask. I feel that if you asked to be entered or wanted a free phone, these rules are no big deal. I would like to get everyone's opinion on this.

1) When receiving the phone, please provide a Admin, your gtalk or email.

2) Submit a biweekly, report on your, progress and plans.

3) Since the phone was provided by DroidRazr, it is expected that any work that you have done for the RAZR, be submitted on DroidRazr, EXCLUSIVELY. You can post on other sites, but please provide a link to DroidRazr, for original, content and download.

4) If you no longer wish to develop for DroidRazr. Contact Admin, and donate the phone back to DroidRazr.

5) After 90 days, if you have met all the above requirements, the phone will now solely, become yours, with no stipulations.

These are simple guidelines IMO. If you do not comply, with these set guidelines. You will be given a warning. Also if any further problems arise, the site will vote on what action to take. Now we are not saying if you don't produce anything, we are going to come to your house and take the phone. Its just to keep development at DroidRazr cutting edge. We realize you have a personal life and things happen. The bottom line is for you to have fun and give the community, some great stuff to flash.

I want to thank all the devs, for there participation and look forward to working with all of you. Most of all I want to thank the Droidrzr community, for creating a great site and a stellar environment. Without all of you, none of this would be possible.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  • MrFrankRazr, Thach, eckdawg5 and 4 others like this

#2 Allallon

Allallon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

And for us nubes to this site, how to we become one of the lucky Devs?

#3 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

And for us nubes to this site, how to we become one of the lucky Devs?

:) if you make themes,roms,mods or hacks. You van enter.

• mattlgroff likes this

#4 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:29 AM

I don't see how you'd enforce this :s

#5 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:32 AM

I don't see how you'd enforce this :s

It's a matter of honesty, integrity and a true DroidRzrian person. You know, stuff like that. ;)

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#6 Allallon

Allallon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

:) if you make themes,roms,mods or hacks. You van enter.

Well that leaves me out! :) Not talented, but I would have kept my word to report back!

Thanks for responding so quick.

#7 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:19 AM

It's a matter of honesty, integrity and a true DroidRzrian person. You know, stuff like that. ;)

I feel like if there were a person that would accept the phone and not do these things out of common courtesy, it'd be no problem for them to ignore them if they're written down somewhere.

#8 Kejar31

Kejar31

Developer

• Developer
  • 70 posts
  • Twitter:@kejar31

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:19 PM

I think its a great idea to have them written down.. I have seen devs in the past who have won devices and never even let people know what was going on and what kind of progress was made.. Then only to sell the device and say they couldn't figure it out.. People were mad? sure but nothing was done outright wrong because there was not official stipulation.

On the other hand if someone excepts the the prize then doesn't even follow the rules... the community as a whole have every right to throw a fit and call for the device to be returned.

#9 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

I think its a great idea to have them written down.. I have seen devs in the past who have won devices and never even let people know what was going on and what kind of progress was made.. Then only to sell the device and say they couldn't figure it out.. People were mad? sure but nothing was done outright wrong because there was not official stipulation.

On the other hand if someone excepts the the prize then doesn't even follow the rules... the community as a whole have every right to throw a fit and call for the device to be returned.

Yes lol I pat myself on the back for writing this up :P In all seriousness I think it is not much to ask!

#10 Groundhound

Groundhound

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

Yes lol I pat myself on the back for writing this up In all seriousness I think it is not much to ask!

Certainly not too much to ask, and will give contributors confidence that their money is well spent.

#11 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

We have ways of making you comply...

Posted Image

The Technoviking will show up at your house should you not comply...

No one cares where this was sent from

:-D :-D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users