15 replies to this topic

#1 ExtraMedium

ExtraMedium

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Just like the title says I'm sending my phone back to verzion and i want to know to make sure there is no trace of the Razr being rooted or any trace of safestrap. i got the 4.1.2 OTA update and rooted with razr blade. and used the

here is what I did I went under safestrap boot menu and deleted slot one. Then i went the under the Safe strap app and unstalled the recovery image. Then i went under the SU and did a complete unroot and deleted the folders. finally i did a factory reset.

do i need to get root explorer to delete logwrapper from system/bin and change logwrapper.bin to logwrapper.

Also is there anything else i need to do or did i do any thing that i wasn't supposed to do. I just dont want to get charged $200.

#2 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

Why are you sending it back to Verizon? You may be going overboard here. But I wouldn't know unless I knew why you were sending it back. If you didn't completely uninstall safestrap as per

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

, then you will need to re-root it. But again, let's see if you even need to bother. Why sending back?

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#3 ExtraMedium

ExtraMedium

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

Here is a link

#4 ExtraMedium

ExtraMedium

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

Here is a link

#5 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

Even if you do everything possible that we are able to, the system recovery will still show a '1' flag, indicating that it was rooted. I'm not aware of any way to modify that.

Also, what's in your contract that will cost you $200? If you fried the CPU by overclocking, sure. But a hardware issue will still be covered, unless the contracts have changed dramatically.

As the other post noted, it depends on why you are sending it back.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#6 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

Did you also wipe cache and Dalvik cache? Sorry for the basic question. It sounds like a bad flash, frankly. If you've already tried reinstalling the OTA by sideloading, and cleaned both caches, then I would suspect the boot. In which case, sending it back makes sense.

Edit: Tucstwo will know for sure. He is way ahead of curve on such things :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#7 ExtraMedium

ExtraMedium

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

When I was on the phone with Verizon they said I would have to pay $200 if the software was altered
Yeah I wiped both caches and every time I tried to reinstalling it I get a error that has to do with log wrapper.

#8 ExtraMedium

ExtraMedium

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

By side loading do you mean the update option from the recovery boot menu

Also could I use rsd with the jb update to reinstall it

#9 sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Twitter:@sgtguthrie1
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

When I was on the phone with Verizon they said I would have to pay $200 if the software was altered
Yeah I wiped both caches and every time I tried to reinstalling it I get a error that has to do with log wrapper.

I just heard the same thing. I'm sending mine back for a hardware issue (vibrator) and in the disclosure at the end they say if the received device has been hacked or modified software there will be a $300 charge. I don't see that happening though if it's a hardware issue. If they do I'll just threaten to cancel my service ;-)

Sent from my DROID Razr Maxx via Tapatalk 2

#10 ExtraMedium

ExtraMedium

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

Then you have to pay a early termination fee. And that threat has never worked before with any cell company I've had

#11 sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

Sure it does, you just have to show that you're willing to pay it ;-)

#12 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

I just heard the same thing. I'm sending mine back for a hardware issue (vibrator) and in the disclosure at the end they say if the received device has been hacked or modified software there will be a $300 charge. I don't see that happening though if it's a hardware issue. If they do I'll just threaten to cancel my service ;-)

Threatening to cancel service when warranting a device with a voided warranty doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Regardless of what people may think or how you feel about it, rooting your phone voids your warranty. You can argue how it's not all you want but bring it to a court and guess who wins... Not you.

Sent from RAZR Maxx on JB

#13 sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Not true, only if it's damaged as a result of rooting ie bricked. Hardware failure has nothing to do with rooting. There is a pinned topic in the general section about warranty and rooting. I'd suggest you read it before claiming that root=no warranty ;-)

• fadeds likes this

#14 sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Here it is:

To Clear Up Any Misconceptions Users May Have About Rooting And Warranties

#15 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

Not true, only if it's damaged as a result of rooting ie bricked. Hardware failure has nothing to do with rooting. There is a pinned topic in the general section about warranty and rooting. I'd suggest you read it before claiming that root=no warranty ;-)

Are you sending it back to Verizon or Moto? 2 very different policies

Sent from RAZR Maxx on JB

#16 coletrane09

coletrane09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Twitter:coletrane09
  • LocationHart, MI

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

I went to Verizon store last year with a bricked razr played dumb like I didn't know what happened they ordered me a new one I sent other back in package provided haven't heard a thing since

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users