got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:26 PM

Done this on a few different sites where we do a "Ask a *insert your profession* anything" thread.

So I figured I'd start off.

Ask a C.O. anything.

For starters I work at an Ad/Max federal facility which means we house US Marshal inmates (I'm with the FBOP). Most of these inmates are pre-trial status, meaning they're still going through their trial.

So...fire away. Let's have some fun and keep it PG-13.
Posted Image

#2 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

Do you ever get a strong attachment to any inmates where you begin to feel someone is definitely innocent/guilty? If so, how often do the courts agree?

#3 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

That is a complicated question. I mean yes I do believe some inmates awaiting trial are innocent. We're all human, law enforcement doesn't always get it right. But IMHO there is a very small percentage that are wrongly accused.

I do develop a "repoir" if you will with certain inmates. Inmates I know that can feed me inside info of whats going on and usually that info is accurate, so I cut them a little slack. I have seen inmates cases get dropped on a few occasions, but usually not b/c they are innocent. It's because the federal government messed up the case.
Posted Image

#4 mgarney26

mgarney26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Twitter:mgarney26
  • Locationmobile alabama

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

i spent 7 years working for the mississippi department of corrections. seen a lot of funny things as well. we had a problem with contraband being thrown over fences from free-world individuals coming through the woods to throw dope, cell phones and other things to certain bui;dings that housed population inmates. one night we got a call from our local sherrifs office saying they caught a man running butt naked up the road close to the prison. they put us on institutonal lockdown and made us do a body count of all 3,000+ inmates. all were accounted for, but upon inspection of our peremiter fences we found bloody clothes, shoes, and socks, plus a bag of dope filled with prepay cellphones. it was a free-world person who knew someone in the prison who threw it over the fence. when he realized it didnt make it over the second perimeter fence he climbed the razor wire, got alllll cut up and lost his clothes. HE WAS AN IDIOT!

#5 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

Haha awesome story. We're a highrise in downtown Chicago, so no worries about throwing contraband over fences. Most of our stuff (contraband...mainly K2, tobacco, etc) comes from our outside warehouse in the Food Service packages. Nothing like counting 3K+ inmates. What'd that take, 3 to 4 hours?
Posted Image

#6 mgarney26

mgarney26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Locationmobile alabama

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

well it happened about 8 pm and i was scheduled to get off at 11pm and i left about 130am lol so yeah it took a while
lol

#7 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

How was OT for you guys? Man here we could make 80 to 90 grand in take home money after taxes w/ all the OT we have. It's ridiculous. I mean I eat the OT up but sometimes it is a bit much.

Posted Image

#8 mgarney26

mgarney26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Locationmobile alabama

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

OT what is that?????? lol in order for us to get OT we had to work 480 hours of whats called FLSA time. Basicly work 12 hour shifts EVERY day without a day off for about 6 months and you get your 480 hours. lol i have a life so i never worked that many hours when i worked there. the state of mississippi breaks almost every federal law there is when it comes to labor

#9 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

Who's the most famous inmate you have dealt with?

What are my chances of getting raped in prison?

How often do you see people getting shiv'd?

#10 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

Famous....the list is long...AND distinguished lol.... Rod Blago (can't remember how to spell his last name...former IL governor), Tony Rezco (bought Nobama his first house), James Calabrese, Joey Lombardo, James Marcello, (godfathers of "The Outfit"...family secrets trial), Sam Hurd (Chicago Bears player brought up on drug charges), William White (White Power leader), Austin Zambrano/Fernando King (Latin King primo inca's....top dogs), Vincente Zambada (El Sinaloa cartel), Jerome Finnigan (Top Cop for Chicago PD)....numerous Al-Queda terrorists that have made the news.....those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head

Chances of getting raped? About as good as your chances of winning the lottery....seriously.

Not too much in my joint as we are pre-trial so a lot are on their best behavior so they don't catch any more cases before their verdict/sentencing hearing. I'd say the Bureau of Prisons as a whole averages about 100 inmates tops getting shanked a year. Most don't die. We have a lot of inmate on staff assaults w/in the BOP but our number one cause of death amongst inmates is suicide.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users