• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 curse3800

curse3800

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

I have a friend who works for verzion down in florida, who said he was informed that ICS will be comming to the razr in 2 Weeks!!!!! With all the new great roms n themes out i have totally forgot about ics and this news has got me all excited again, its like a kid with candy! :) Anyway this is just to inform everyone of what i heard, Hope its true!!! Razr + ICS >>>>>Gnex

Sorry if i posted this in the wrong section, posted it n went back to the home page n saw it as the news. idk y?
Admin feel free to delete if posted in the wrong section

#2 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

how reliable is this? I mean how good are your friend's sources?
Posted Image

#3 ddemlong

ddemlong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

I would like to see that happen, however I HIGHLY doubt it.
Droid RAZR Rooted

#4 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationChicago

Hope its true!!! Razr + ICS >>>>>Gnex

...right up until the locked bootloader :(
Posted Image

#5 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Funny that Verizon hasn't even received the update from Motorola and they already know that Verizon will accept the OTA as-is!

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#6 curse3800

curse3800

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

how reliable is this? I mean how good are your friend's sources?

He works at a local verizon store down in tampa, manager down there. but cant confirm this 100% :(

#7 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

He works at a local verizon store down in tampa, manager down there. but cant confirm this 100% :(

I HIGHLY doubt it. With all the flack Motorola's been getting over the bootloaders they would start shoving this news down every media pipline in an attempt to get everyone's attention off of the bootloaders if only for a little while.

#8 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

It's all hearsay at this point

#9 firstrazr

firstrazr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

No offense, but your friend was either probaly joking with you or pulling your leg. I know someone who works for verizon on the infrastructure side and he tells me that even he doesnt know when we get ICS plus, even if he knows, he is not going to share with me or even his wife or brother. So, I doubt that a store manager would have that kind of info.
  • ds061363 likes this

#10 The Kid

The Kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Google+:thegsxr1000kid

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

come on guys dont hate on the messenger, he was just passing on what he was told
  • raijin32 likes this
3.0 icsourcery GNex

#11 firstrazr

firstrazr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

come on guys dont hate on the messenger, he was just passing on what he was told

Agreed thats why I said I dont mean any offense, but from my experience and knowledge of some higher ups in verizon, I just thought it might be false. Ofcourse, I aam thankful to him for sharing any info he got and there is a possiblity that he could be right.

But then, if it was in 2 weeks, there would be atleast something in the cheesecake by now.

#12 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

This would be insanely awesome, but I must agree with everyone else...its highly unlikely..honestly, I would prefer stock ICS rather than ICS smothered with Blur. Blur is ok, but stock ICS would be a dream...i'm waiting for a working and stable stock ICS ROM
  • raijin32 likes this
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#13 bokajay

bokajay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:41 PM

the .174 update is coming in 2 weeks

#14 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

what's your source, bub, or are you just messing...
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#15 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

For Batman...of course,

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

.174 update was discontinued. Maybe even .174 too. Enjoy your fake update ^_^
  • Nubia1 likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#17 bokajay

bokajay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

what's your source, bub, or are you just messing...

Im looking for what I read today mentioning a small "patch" update.. maybe expanding what .174 did. Maybe it was old news that was just re-posted but I thought the issues in .173 were still there. I havent updated to the official OTA.

#18 firstrazr

firstrazr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

.174 is a small update for the .173 (fixes new radio issues/disables search button when in app drawer), it has already been leaked. It is not ICS if that is what you thought I meant. I was saying that is the next "rumored" OTA. It has been mentioned on this site a few times.

You are behind the ball, .174 is cancelled and there is a leaked .175 which matt is saying might get cancelled too.

#19 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

.174 is a small update for the .173 (fixes new radio issues/disables search button when in app drawer), it has already been leaked. It is not ICS if that is what you thought I meant. I was saying that is the next "rumored" OTA. It has been mentioned on this site a few times.

Arcanexvi are the ones who "leaked it" and it has been discontinued. Unless you can see exactly what on their computers you do not know more than us which will be the real next OTA. 175 has already been noted too, which is also an update to 173 and is 1MB off of 174.

Please don't post if you don't understand the actual info.

#20 Nubia1

Nubia1

JUST A COOL OLD GUY WHO LIKES ANDROID

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,Ohio
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD/ OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

No offense, but your friend was either probaly joking with you or pulling your leg. I know someone who works for verizon on the infrastructure side and he tells me that even he doesnt know when we get ICS plus, even if he knows, he is not going to share with me or even his wife or brother. So, I doubt that a store manager would have that kind of info.

I agree with this scenario 100%. I have a friend who is a vp at the corporate office here in cincinnati. She wouldnt nor couldnt tell me or here own fanily.Doesnt happen. so, a store manager has NO clue when its coming.... doubt it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users