n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:deathstolas1982
  • Google+:deathstolas@gmail.com
  • LocationPennsylvania... well most of the time

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

Pretty much as the title says. Unrooted stock rom etc. Doesnt work on .744, .748 or .173

Any ideas. Im pretty sure something in the circuitry is messed up. The vzw people the day i bought it tried jamming it in the razr cardock ... hasnt been right for numerous reasons since.

Jason
If I were you and you were me, would I be you or me?

#2 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:42 AM

I think they broke something or the phone has an issue. Assuming you've tried a known working car dock and the phone has been rebooted, it should flip to car dock mode as soon as the connection is pushed in. Take it back asap and they should have several desk/car docks to try out at the store.

#3 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:10 AM

Being that you stated your Maxx was on .744, it is safe to assume you already know that any warranty is void due to altering the software in ways not allowed by the terms (Although RSD Lite is essentially the same/is identical to the method they use for repair, if you are not an authorized technician using it is not within your terms to my understanding).

I would definitely go back in store and tell them your story. Assuming the other dock doesn't work and they test it to verify that it is a hardware problem, you might need to get the manager involved. If you have accidental coverage they might replace it without a hassle, but if you have used RSD that is technically warranty fraud. Your issue really falls into a gray area on whether it would actually be a fraudulent claim though since it sounds like the store reps broke your phone. Remember not to be rude/aggressive with them, but don't back down either. If they broke it, they should be held responsible.

#4 deathstolas

deathstolas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:deathstolas1982
  • Google+:deathstolas@gmail.com
  • LocationPennsylvania... well most of the time

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

I did use RSD lite to try to fix it. I know its a grey area. But it wasnt broken do to root etc. I did go to vzw. The are overnighting a new one to my hotel tomorrow.

If I were you and you were me, would I be you or me?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: maxx razr, cardock, dock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users