Photo

[Cdma Razr][Gingerbread] | Rom Conversion | Clutch 1.0 | Odex | 4 Versions | 02-13-2012 |

• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

#281 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:40 AM

I used it as well and same result

Ok, well then I guess I am going to take the links down for now. I'm sure Th3ory will get it fixed soon enough.

#282 melfunn

melfunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:57 AM

The same thing happened to me. Started with safestrap and then went to bootstrap. Deleted bootstrap and all the folders associated with it (I thought). Reinstalled safestrap and it would not let me boot into recovery. I ended up using RSD Lite and started all over again. I do not know if there is a quicker or easier way, but that worked for me! :)

I know when you uninstall any bootstrap, not all files are removed. Uninstall safestrap. Using Root Explorer, in system\bin, delete "hijack", "logwrapper" and RENAME "logwrapper.bin" to "logwrapper". Reboot.

#283 piccit

piccit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:59 AM

You can edit the update-script ('\META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script') and remove the lines that remove whichever backup apps you want to keep. Of course, you'll have to restore the apps (or restore back to full stock first)

For facebook, just remove the two lines that remove Facebook.

To do this, open the zip (I use winzip to do it), extract the updater-script file, open w/ a PLAIN TEXT editor (I use emacs or visual studio, eclipse would probably work too -- do NOT use something like MS Word), remove the 2 lines dealing with Facebook, save, put it back in the zip (again, I use winzip - it allows you to just drag and drop the file back into the zip and it'll overwrite the one that's in there).

#284 rpizzijr

rpizzijr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationWallingford, CT

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:26 AM

For facebook, just remove the two lines that remove Facebook.

To do this, open the zip (I use winzip to do it), extract the updater-script file, open w/ a PLAIN TEXT editor (I use emacs or visual studio, eclipse would probably work too -- do NOT use something like MS Word), remove the 2 lines dealing with Facebook, save, put it back in the zip (again, I use winzip - it allows you to just drag and drop the file back into the zip and it'll overwrite the one that's in there).

So besides editing the script, do I also have to add the app back in? If so, is that hard or is that, just reinstalling the app from market?

Thanks!
But wait....if you're here, who's running hell?

#285 timdog68

timdog68

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:50 AM

I just rooted and installed bootstrap using matt's tool.
Sorry for the noob101 but how do I wipe cache and dalvik to install clutch?
Does this remove all data and apps from phone or just some files i wouldn't normally see anyway?
Also then "flashing" does this mean loading off sd card like I had to with upgrading to .176 etc?
Thanks for any help.

#286 rpizzijr

rpizzijr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationWallingford, CT

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

I just rooted and installed bootstrap using matt's tool.
Sorry for the noob101 but how do I wipe cache and dalvik to install clutch?
Does this remove all data and apps from phone or just some files i wouldn't normally see anyway?
Also then "flashing" does this mean loading off sd card like I had to with upgrading to .176 etc?
Thanks for any help.

When in recovery, click down to wipe cache partition, then go under advanced and wipe dalvik cache. It will not erase any important stuff, I don't know the technical terms, but you won't notice. Then go to install zip from card, choose the zip and install. When it reboots, it will take a bit longer because of the cache wipe. Don't panic.

Good luck!
But wait....if you're here, who's running hell?

#287 timdog68

timdog68

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:43 AM

When in recovery, click down to wipe cache partition, then go under advanced and wipe dalvik cache. It will not erase any important stuff, I don't know the technical terms, but you won't notice. Then go to install zip from card, choose the zip and install. When it reboots, it will take a bit longer because of the cache wipe. Don't panic.

Good luck!

Thansk for the help!
I didnt see how to get to the "advanced" option menu?

#288 DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • Twitter:@droidth3ory
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

Thansk for the help!
I didnt see how to get to the "advanced" option menu?

On the Main Menu towards the bottom "Advanced".

Sent from my AXI0M [R]AZR using Tapatalk

#289 rpruitt1182

rpruitt1182

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:36 AM

I have a Razr Maxx and have everything setup and rooted along with clockworks I ran the extream debloat and still see all my original apk's nothing has change it said it completed succesfully when i ran the flash.

am i missing something? the build does say clutch extr 1.0

#290 DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:46 AM

I have a Razr Maxx and have everything setup and rooted along with clockworks I ran the extream debloat and still see all my original apk's nothing has change it said it completed succesfully when i ran the flash.

am i missing something? the build does say clutch extr 1.0

What is remaining? Some of the updated VZW apps are to be unintalled from the Application menu. They are not located in /system/app.

#291 rpruitt1182

rpruitt1182

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

What is remaining? Some of the updated VZW apps are to be unintalled from the Application menu. They are not located in /system/app.

im a idiot I was fooled by the lets golf app lol I just uninstalled it. everything is working perfect.

#292 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:52 AM

DT where is that AXI0M [R]AZR rom at :D
  • dustincook87 and nednarb like this

#293 DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:07 AM

DT where is that AXI0M [R]AZR rom at :D

LOL.. I forgot the Sig in Tapatalk populates from the Build.prop. Not ready just yet. :)
  • brewski likes this

#294 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

LOL.. I forgot the Sig in Tapatalk populates from the Build.prop. Not ready just yet. :)

You teezer ;)

#295 piccit

piccit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:34 AM

So besides editing the script, do I also have to add the app back in? If so, is that hard or is that, just reinstalling the app from market?

Thanks!

Hopefully you made a backup before you flashed the conversion - just restore that then reflash your edited conversion

#296 d160

d160

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

Post #163 :)Would you mind posting a link to the ics versions that have been removed? I was able to download the other two versions but not the ics versions.

#297 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

I would rather wait for DroidTh3ory to post them. I don't want to screw anything up.

#298 jetski

jetski

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

If this is the case, I will take the links down. Those files are the original ones DroidTh3ory put up. I just made a simple fix in one xml file to change the black on black menu issue.
Has anyone else used the links I just put up?
According to Mediafire 17 people have downloaded those 2 files. If you have flashed either one, please speak up. Whether it worked or not.

I used it as well and same result

#299 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

I responded somewhere in this thread stating what I had to do to fix it. Install jrummys busybox in market then run it and install it.

Don't see any such post. Installing that app - it does not run for me... just spins

#300 theelbster

theelbster

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

OK, I'm a total newbie at this. I've tried to apply the ROM's to my .173 RAZR on Verizon, and each time I end up with a bricked device which I then factory reset and then upgrade back to .173. Could you give me a spoon, and let me know where I'm going wrong?

This what I've done.
1) Download CLUTCH_CONVERSION_EXTRM_ICS_ROM_SIGNED.zip. Its filesize is 7737897.
2) Copy it to the sdcard.
3) Root my device.
4) Install razr bootstrapper.
5) Bootstrap recovery.
6) Reboot recovery.

Then the phone reboots.

7) Delete cache.
8) Go into advanced, then delete dalvik.
9) Install zip from sdcard.
10) Let it reboot, and then it comes up bricked.

I've tried variations of steps 7-9, i.e. delete data, then delete dalvik, then install. Just install, etc. Nothing seems to work.

I've also tried the non-extrm rom as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
-elb-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users