Photo

Discontinuation Year: Verizon Kills Off 32GB Galaxy S III, 16GB DROID Razr, Droid 4 and Plenty More

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):HTC One M8 (primary); Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

82.04KB   316 downloads
Having finally found the time to post some again, I figured I would start off with a few shocks and a few non-surprising news. Verizon is discontinuing a slew of devices from their lineup, the 32GB Galaxy S III included.

Verizon is killing off the following devices (Devices marked "Final Shipments Received" and "Final Shipments Incoming" will sell while supplies last unless otherwise noted):
  • HTC Rezound (Out of Stock, No Further Shipments)
  • 32GB Galaxy S III (Final Shipments Received)
  • 16GB Motorola DROID Razr (Original in All Colors) [Final Shipments Received)
  • Motorola DROID 4 (Final Shipments Incoming)
  • LG Lucid (Discontinued on February 15th) [Final Shipments Incoming]
  • HTC Trophy (Windows Phone) [Final Shipments Incoming]
  • Blackberry Curve 9370 (Final Shipments Received)
  • Novatel USB551L 4G LTE Modem (Discontinued on March 1) [Final Shipments Incoming]
  • Pantech UML290-G 4G LTE Modem
That's quite a bit. The last two are mobile hotspot devices; the Pantech device is slated to see a successor soon. Anybody surprised by these devices being discontinuing? I can't say I am surprised by any of this, especially the 32GB Galaxy S III being discontinued. I saw very few people that own the 32GB and since both the 16GB and 32GB both have micro-SD slots, the 16GB sold more due to being cheaper for the exact same device.

Though I will say I'm surprised to see the LG Lucid on this list. I have a friend who owns one and it's not too bad actually. Just needs to get rid of the LG UX Interface on it and we'll be set.

Other than that, it's about that time for the rest. How many of you own a device on this list? And if you own the 16GB Droid Razr, you can respond too. I'm interested to see what we all currently own now that this has happened.

[Via:

]
  • eyecre8 likes this

HTC One M8 // 3.28.605.4 // CleanROM 3.0 w/HarmonKardon audio // Android 4.4.4
n5SOtgv.jpg - "White Noise" out November 4th!
(Recommended)

#2 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

I would say the only one that ACTUALLY shocks me (besides the Big memory GS3, no one bought 'em), is... believe it or not, the LG Lucid. That phone which, granted had 0 development following, has had NO WHERE near the life span of many of the devices listed (Razr OG, Rezound, Droid 4). I'm surprised how quickly LG decided to abandon ship on this device considering that it's a relatively new device compared to the other so called "end of service" devices listed. Approving article too, btw. Wow though, craziness.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#3 osnoozeo

osnoozeo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

I'm glad, cause being an original idiot who paid 300 for razr. I hated that phone everyday. Made me hate verizon to. But I guess bygones be bygones. Thank god for this note 2 that lasts allday. N bring on gn3

#4 tkjross

tkjross

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationClemson,South Carolina

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

I have the original 16GB RAZR.

#5 hectorlumbago

hectorlumbago

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:hectorlumbago
  • Google+:hectorlumbago

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

$299 for a white xt912 16gb 13 months ago. I have still to unlock the full potential of the device, but it is all we need for now. Under contract till August or so with V ;) ss 3.11 keeps me interested, Thanks to all the Dev's!

#6 Darugarm

Darugarm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

I own a Razr but as long as it keeps getting support from the community i don't care about verizon as I live outside US :)

#7 cdavid469

cdavid469

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationFort Campbell

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

Still own the RAZR of I traded to from an iPhone 4s. Still very happy with it. Unlimited data will have me waiting a while to upgrade. When I seed one of the newer quad core phones in working condition for less than 300 in pristine used shape I will upgrade but not a moment sooner
  • cdavid469 likes this

#8 cdavid469

cdavid469

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationFort Campbell

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

See*

#9 larrygeary

larrygeary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

What do they mean by 16Gb RAZR? Mine was sold as a 32Gb device with 16Gb internal and a 16Gb SD card. Is that the model discontinued? Does this mean we'll never see a JB update?

#10 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):HTC One M8 (primary); Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

What do they mean by 16Gb RAZR? Mine was sold as a 32Gb device with 16Gb internal and a 16Gb SD card. Is that the model discontinued? Does this mean we'll never see a JB update?

No the RAZR will still see a JB update. The 16GB is the one that was sold without an SD Card. It didn't mention anything about the 32GB RAZR; ill have to look into that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

• eyecre8 likes this

HTC One M8 // 3.28.605.4 // CleanROM 3.0 w/HarmonKardon audio // Android 4.4.4
n5SOtgv.jpg - "White Noise" out November 4th!
(Recommended)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users