4 replies to this topic

#1 dsorrent

dsorrent

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

First, I would like to say I am a frustrated Droid Bionic owner. I am pretty sure this phone is responsible for my high blood pressure. :) I was an original Droid owner back in the day and I was running Bugless Beast on it but continually having to manually update it got tedious over time. Then I got the Bionic on release day and figured I would stay with the stock ROM and just download the OTA updates as there wasn't much I needed root for since FoxFi provided me tether ability.

Lately, I've wanted to toss my phone out the window. It is ridiculously sluggish and I'm constantly under abuse from my iPhone owning wife. :) We will be out and discussing something and I'll go to look something up on my browser and before my browser even comes up, she's already launched safari, searched for the information and telling me how great her iPhone is.

So, I am hoping by wiping this phone and installing a custom ROM on it I might be able to get this phone to some sort of useable state. In searching, it was mentioned that this was the site to come to for the Droid Bionic if I wanted to cutomize it, so... here I am!

#2 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Twitter:@jp1044
  • Google+:jp1044@gmail.com
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X Developer Edition, Droid RAZR HD (backup)

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

First, I would like to say I am a frustrated Droid Bionic owner. I am pretty sure this phone is responsible for my high blood pressure. :) I was an original Droid owner back in the day and I was running Bugless Beast on it but continually having to manually update it got tedious over time. Then I got the Bionic on release day and figured I would stay with the stock ROM and just download the OTA updates as there wasn't much I needed root for since FoxFi provided me tether ability.

Lately, I've wanted to toss my phone out the window. It is ridiculously sluggish and I'm constantly under abuse from my iPhone owning wife. :) We will be out and discussing something and I'll go to look something up on my browser and before my browser even comes up, she's already launched safari, searched for the information and telling me how great her iPhone is.

So, I am hoping by wiping this phone and installing a custom ROM on it I might be able to get this phone to some sort of useable state. In searching, it was mentioned that this was the site to come to for the Droid Bionic if I wanted to cutomize it, so... here I am!

Welcome to the forums! If your looking for a ROM, I would personally recommend our own Icarus HD ROM. We built this rom to be fast and still have a lot of features. Its great on the battery.

Are you rooted? If you arent, just let me know and I can get your bionic running smooth again :)

-Team LiteSpeed- Sent from my FlyingJelly device

If you feel the urge to donate to me, you can do so here -> Donate

#3 dsorrent

dsorrent

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Welcome to the forums! If your looking for a ROM, I would personally recommend our own Icarus HD ROM. We built this rom to be fast and still have a lot of features. Its great on the battery.

Are you rooted? If you arent, just let me know and I can get your bionic running smooth again :)

Yes, I used Razer's Edge to root my phone this morning. I installed Safestrap 3.05 and did a backup and while it was backing up I realized there's a 3.11 version out so I am going to upgrade Safestrap to that. I was looking at the Icarus HD ROM and pulled down the 1.7 & 1.7.2 patch. I am assuming I install the 1.7, however, how do you apply the patch after that? Is it just a matter of unzipping it into the root directory of the phone after coming up in 1.7?

Thanks!

#4 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Twitter:@jp1044
  • Google+:jp1044@gmail.com
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X Developer Edition, Droid RAZR HD (backup)

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

Yes, I used Razer's Edge to root my phone this morning. I installed Safestrap 3.05 and did a backup and while it was backing up I realized there's a 3.11 version out so I am going to upgrade Safestrap to that. I was looking at the Icarus HD ROM and pulled down the 1.7 & 1.7.2 patch. I am assuming I install the 1.7, however, how do you apply the patch after that? Is it just a matter of unzipping it into the root directory of the phone after coming up in 1.7?

Thanks!

You apply the 1.7.2 patch just like you install the ROM. Just flash the patch after you install the ROM and you should be good to go.

If you feel the urge to donate to me, you can do so here -> Donate

#5 dsorrent

dsorrent

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

You apply the 1.7.2 patch just like you install the ROM. Just flash the patch after you install the ROM and you should be good to go.

Great, I will give it a go! Thank!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users