Mitten

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Device(s):Razr MAXX

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:52 AM

One issue I've been having on 3.0, when I end a call I get "unfortunately DSPManger has quit working" I'm guessing it's an easy fix but I'm a noob.

#902 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:41 AM

One issue I've been having on 3.0, when I end a call I get "unfortunately DSPManger has quit working" I'm guessing it's an easy fix but I'm a noob.

Is DSP Manager an App you D-loaded?

Trying clearing Cache in My Apps in Google Play Store...
I'm thinking your on CM 10.1 when you mentioned DSP

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#903 Stabone

Stabone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:44 AM

Each time I've loaded up the rom, as it's starting I get the message that text messaging has forced closed,, they I have no data. I've had this happen before on other roms randomly. I just did what I did then and deleted and recreated the rom slot, still got the same issue.  I've tried multiple downloads from different computers and tried different slots. I can't get this to work at all no matter what I'm doing.

I did do all 4 wipes each time, for each download I tried doing in each slot, creating a new one each time. I don't know what's going on.

#904 TheGratefulNed

TheGratefulNed

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:05 AM

I want to start by saying that this ROM is fantastic for my battery life and is very quick/responsive.  I flashed last Monday, full drain/full charge Thursday night/Friday morning and I just plugged it back in to the charger this morning...with 31% battery still remaining!  69% battery usage over four days of moderate usage including the OTA update to FlyingJelly 3.0 on a Wireless->slow DSL connection?  That's impressive!

If I install another launcher like Nova or Apex, will I lose the RAZR M Circle Widgets?

#905 andrep182

andrep182

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

I want to start by saying that this ROM is fantastic for my battery life and is very quick/responsive.  I flashed last Monday, full drain/full charge Thursday night/Friday morning and I just plugged it back in to the charger this morning...with 31% battery still remaining!  69% battery usage over four days of moderate usage including the OTA update to FlyingJelly 3.0 on a Wireless->slow DSL connection?  That's impressive!

If I install another launcher like Nova or Apex, will I lose the RAZR M Circle Widgets?

Yes you'll lose it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#906 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

With Moderate usage Battery Life easily 1 day 15hours+

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#907 Cyrors

Cyrors

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

Each time I've loaded up the rom, as it's starting I get the message that text messaging has forced closed,, they I have no data. I've had this happen before on other roms randomly. I just did what I did then and deleted and recreated the rom slot, still got the same issue.  I've tried multiple downloads from different computers and tried different slots. I can't get this to work at all no matter what I'm doing.

I did do all 4 wipes each time, for each download I tried doing in each slot, creating a new one each time. I don't know what's going on.

I had the same problem last night.  I ended up SBF'ing to clear the phone out and everything worked again.  It almost seemed like deleting the slot and wiping still wasn't clearing out everything.

#908 sherweed

sherweed

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

I have been unable to download the update. Every time I try to download (more than 20X now) I get an error message that reads, "There was an error with the download!" Any suggestions?

#909 Mitten

Mitten

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Device(s):Razr MAXX

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

Is DSP Manager an App you D-loaded?

Trying clearing Cache in My Apps in Google Play Store...
I'm thinking your on CM 10.1 when you mentioned DSP

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

No, it's not an app I downloaded.  I've never tried CM 10.1  FJ is the first and only ROM I've installed in slot 1, when I first rooted my phone.  I've tried a few other in the other slots and find myself always coming back to FJ.

#910 jwp0015

jwp0015

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

Everything worked for me.  OTA Update downloaded and installed without any problems, and it's running very smoothly.

I'm a big fan of the battery and notification bar icon changes, it makes the phone appear much more sleek.

For all of the people with problems, what worked for me was deleting a rom slot, then selecting the new slot and wiping system, wiping cache and dalvik, then flashing the rom.  I then reset system and everything booted fine.

Thanks for this rom and the continuing support/updates!

#911 Shinare

Shinare

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

Battery life on 3.0 seems a lot less than previous.

Sent from my toilet (probably) using Tapatalk 2.
  • youngdc likes this

#912 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:06 AM

I have been unable to download the update. Every time I try to download (more than 20X now) I get an error message that reads, "There was an error with the download!" Any suggestions?

Clean out your Old Backups you don't use any more...In addition to Downloads

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#913 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:12 AM

Battery life on 3.0 seems a lot less than previous.

Sent from my toilet (probably) using Tapatalk 2.

Are you Using the same Launcher and Widgets... those would be my first eye look...

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#914 moksha51

moksha51

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

Having a few random reboots like on the CM or AOKP roms. anybody else having this?

#915 smithfolk4

smithfolk4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

3.0 is running fine for me.  Battery life seems about the same as the previous version, but I have only had version 3.0 for a few charges and I was travelling so tend to charge more often.  Also did some messing around with the screen brightness.  On the Razr Maxx I get 2 days (occasionally 3 with lower use) on a charge with moderate use both with 2.1 and 3.0.  I may be running on fumes at the end of the last day.  I run Juice Defender Ultimate which works well to save battery.  It's a bit to set up, but a good app.  

I did get one error message with respect to lack of storage space when an app was attempting to update.  I deleted one app and wiped the cache and the app updated fine.  Then I checked my storage and it seems that I shouldn't be getting the low space messages.  I am using about 650 MB in a 1 GB slot and showing over 150 MB as free.  Maybe wiping the cache was all I needed to do.  Good excuse to clean out some unused apps though.  

By the way.  Version 3.0 of the ROM appears to be running much smoother than the previous version.  The update is a good one.  Flying Jelly is a great ROM.  

#916 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

Having a few random reboots like on the CM or AOKP roms. anybody else having this?

Shouldn't have any Reboots on this ROM...

When was the last time you cleaned your Slot?

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#917 moksha51

moksha51

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

Yep. I thought so as well. I  created a new slot for this ROM.

Shouldn't have any Reboots on this ROM...

When was the last time you cleaned your Slot?

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#918 sherweed

sherweed

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

Clean out your Old Backups you don't use any more...In addition to DownloadsIt's Bubba"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Thanks. Didn't work. Still won't download

#919 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Twitter:@jp1044
  • Google+:jp1044@gmail.com
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X Developer Edition, Droid RAZR HD (backup)

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

Yep. I thought so as well. I  created a new slot for this ROM.

It could be an app, when does it happen?

If you feel the urge to donate to me, you can do so here -> Donate

#920 moksha51

moksha51

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

It maybe phone calls and bluetooth connections. I did a wipe of cache/Dalvik & system and reflashed it. I'll report if it happens again. 

It could be an app, when does it happen?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users