Photo

Anyone else feel like their Bionic is super slow now?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 rvcjew

rvcjew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUSA,CA
  • Current Device(s):D1>D3>Bionic

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

My advice is last resort: try going to stock and then deleting slots 1-3 and recreating them first might help you tremendously. safestrap 3 runs off your sdcard so you should go to stock backup your stuff on your pc's(also might want to backup your rom first then take its backup folder and copy it to your pc also) then remove/unistall safestrap, and let android wipe and reformat your sdcard in storage after unmounting it. Then put ST3 back on and it will have a fresh partition map to work with to create clean slots. your cards are probably just old cause all the read writes it does since your OS is basically ran off the sd now. Im barely keeping my eyes open atm so if you dont understand any of that lol tell me in a pm and ill get back to you.
D1:Steel Droid v.8 - D3: MavRom v.4.0 - Bionic: Slot 1:OverdriveAOKP 2.1<thanks mrlolli

#22 frankie15

frankie15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

It seems like all the Jelly Bean builds (4.2.1 mostly) run really sluggish on my phone. I restored the slot that contained a completely stock build and it was much more responsive.

Is this the case with all 4.2.1 builds? Anyone else's phone feel sluggish on 4.2.1 ROMs?

Also, I am using a custom launcher (Apex).

EDIT: I know benchmarks don't mean much but I am getting linpack scores of 70+ on stock and only around 30 on 4.2.1 ROMs.

#23 HighBar

HighBar

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationMD
  • Current Device(s):Bionic, TF700

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Mine seems to go in waves. It'll be awesome for a few days, then slow as hell and back to awesome. Doesn't seem to matter what I do

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#24 marleyinoc

marleyinoc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Twitter:marleyinoc
  • Google+:+RicCrockett
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 and Bionic on WiFi

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

I fdr'd my bionic and did some extra wipes and data something or other and ended up not being able to boot. I flashed something labeled "stockics" but it wasn't really stock so I'm not even sure what I flashed. It's got the right build and everything seems snappy enough. gps still seems wacky but it holds its own with better half's S3 and isn't too drastic from my new Nexus 7 so I'm happy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2- last time posting with this sig.

__________________sent from my bionic with dub_________________

#25 tw1n5nak35

tw1n5nak35

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL, U.S
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy JuggerNote3 (SM-N900V)

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

The only problem I had was once I got all 4 rom slots loaded with a rom. It depends on how the ROM is performing but I normally use a good scheduler and governor combo. Pegasus/sio or interactivex/ deadline.

In the past 24 hours I've switched between overdriveblur, eclipseics and synergy executioner but it's not sluggish as when I initially had the 4 slots filled.

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Previous Device: Motorola Droid Bionic (XT875)                                            Current Device: Samsung Galaxy Juggernote3 (SM-N900V)
Roms: EclipseICS, IcarusHD, WizzedBean, Executioner and Stock                Roms: Hyperdrive, Eclipse, Jasemine, Bigginz and Stock
Recovery: Safestrap v3.11                                                                             Recovery: Safestrap v3.75

#26 brainwash1

brainwash1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

the newest cm10.1 with both cores working properly seems a lot better.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users