ringhale

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:50 PM

So I was planning on flashing CM 12.1 but my twrp wasn't working properly so I tried re-flashing it but I get a (Bootloader) Variable not supported error. I'm on a xt926 running stock 4.4.2 unlocked, was rooted before attempting to flash twrp but seems like I'm no longer rooted. Anyone have any insight on this? TIA

Attached Files

#2 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:30 PM

So I was planning on flashing CM 12.1 but my twrp wasn't working properly so I tried re-flashing it but I get a (Bootloader) Variable not supported error. I'm on a xt926 running stock 4.4.2 unlocked, was rooted before attempting to flash twrp but seems like I'm no longer rooted. Anyone have any insight on this? TIA

You are trying to flash the wrong twrp. Bacon is for the one +1 I believe. You need to find one for the XT-926 The code name for it is Vanquish but have never seen one listed with the code name

#3 ringhale

ringhale

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:34 AM

You are trying to flash the wrong twrp. Bacon is for the one +1 I believe. You need to find one for the XT-926 The code name for it is Vanquish but have never seen one listed with the code name

Thanks. I tried flashing with correct file one by Dhackers for the 926
I still get the same variable error, but at least now when I try to boot into recovery I get stuck on the twrp splash screen.

I'm using windows 7 with the OEM charger cord and using the
ADB and fastboot drivers made by Snoop05. I open a command prompt from within a folder that only contains the twrp image

With the commands
ADB reboot bootloader
Once phone boots into bootloader I use
Fastboot flash recovery ( the filename of twrp which I don't recall off hand twrp2.8.6.0xt926.IMG or something)
Lastly I use
Fastboot reboot

I also did rename stock recovery by adding .bak

Only other thing I can think is i have run a fastboot.exe from this PC before.
Thanks for any help

#4 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:11 AM

With the 926 you may have to try to boot into recovery several times with that series of twrp to get completely into recovery, once you do get in disable the screen saver mode in settings first thing. That will help stabilize booting into recovery.  You may have to use the key combo to boot into recovery the first time. Also if you end up reflashing twrp make sure you don't let it boot normally force the reboot back to recovery with the key combo. Another trait of the 926 is that it sometimes will overwrite twrp with a copy of the factory recovery if you let it boot normally.

#5 ringhale

ringhale

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:38 AM

once you do get in disable the screen saver mode in settings first thing. That will help stabilize booting into recovery.

Thanks I got it to go into twrp recovery it just hangs at the splash screen a bit. However I don't see a screen saver option under settings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users