• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

Fastboot files for previous devices included a cdt.bin that could be read to determine security leves and whether it was possible to downgrade, but afaik there is no equivalent to the cdt.bin with these newer fastboot files.
So, is there any way to determine whether it's safe to flash back to ics from the official jb on non-dev devices? Shouldn't be a big deal if it doesn't work since we have the fastboot files for both ics and jb, but would like to be able to analyze the security levels ahead of time if possible.

#2 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

Fastboot files for previous devices included a cdt.bin that could be read to determine security leves and whether it was possible to downgrade, but afaik there is no equivalent to the cdt.bin with these newer fastboot files.
So, is there any way to determine whether it's safe to flash back to ics from the official jb on non-dev devices? Shouldn't be a big deal if it doesn't work since we have the fastboot files for both ics and jb, but would like to be able to analyze the security levels ahead of time if possible.

for what i know you cant downgrade... diferent boot loaders... and something liek that

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#3 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC
  • Current Device(s):Smasung Galaxy Note 2, ASUS TF700T

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

As far as I know you can't. The bootloader version changes as well as it's signature.

Posted Image

#4 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

thanks for the replies! I figured it wasn't possible, just wish there was a way to analyze the files to know for sure.

#5 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

turns out you can go back to ics. i didn't flash the full fxz, just fastbooted boot and system, but it boots up just fine :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users