4 replies to this topic

#1 fwtx

fwtx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

so i know the default camera doesnt work with some of the main roms right now, aokp mainly i think, and you have to download a 3rd party camera which is fine. but how do i get apps like snapchat or instagram to work because they call the default camera by default, which doesnt work. is there some way to make them call my 3rd party camera or any other fix? thanks

#2 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

I deleted your other identical post in the BIONIC General thread.

As for getting those apps to work, no sure - hopefully another user who uses ROMs will answer shortly.

#3 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

so i know the default camera doesnt work with some of the main roms right now, aokp mainly i think, and you have to download a 3rd party camera which is fine. but how do i get apps like snapchat or instagram to work because they call the default camera by default, which doesnt work. is there some way to make them call my 3rd party camera or any other fix? thanks

you could try to use an App like Titanium Backup to freeze the built in camera app. Not sure if that would work.

Side note-in the future, please do not double or cross post the same question in 2 different areas. Thanks

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#4 jp1044

jp1044

DEVELOPER

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Twitter:@jp1044
  • Google+:jp1044@gmail.com
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X Developer Edition, Droid RAZR HD (backup)

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

From what I understand as of right now it is not possible to use those apps. The third party apps that do work connect to the camera differently than instagram and the like. Until we get full support for stock camera, these apps will likely not work.

-Team LiteSpeed- Sent from my FlyingJelly device

If you feel the urge to donate to me, you can do so here -> Donate

#5 fndlo84

fndlo84

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

Try disabling Gallery app in manage apps. Install Camera Zoom FX and Quickpic. Not sure it will work or not. I don't use Instagram. But,won't hurt to try. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users