#1 tulamsh

tulamsh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:52 AM

Hi all,

I am new here and was excited to find this site as I am trying to purchase a new Droid Razr unlocked but when I try to find the best place to buy it, it seems as though one Droid Razr has different specs than another. Is this true?

More specifically, I am trying to buy a razr that has HSPA+ as I would like to be able to At&t's network for when I am in the States (just trying to get the fastest network on an unlocked plan), but still need it unlocked as I spend considerable time in europe.

I found a few places that have the phone for sale but I am unsure if they all have the same radio to get the best speed. For example, I found the phone on

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

($624), which has HSPA+ 2100, but i found it cheaper on

($489) and

($534) but those say HSDPA 2100.

So is it the same phone with the same radio? or am I paying a bigger price with expansys because of the ability to get on a better HSPA+ network with AT&T? Do you know if there are any other considerable differences?

Thank you for the feedback,

Tulamsh

#2 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:26 AM

Hi all,

I am new here and was excited to find this site as I am trying to purchase a new Droid Razr unlocked but when I try to find the best place to buy it, it seems as though one Droid Razr has different specs than another. Is this true?

More specifically, I am trying to buy a razr that has HSPA+ as I would like to be able to At&t's network for when I am in the States (just trying to get the fastest network on an unlocked plan), but still need it unlocked as I spend considerable time in europe.

I found a few places that have the phone for sale but I am unsure if they all have the same radio to get the best speed. For example, I found the phone on

($624), which has HSPA+ 2100, but i found it cheaper on

($489) and

($534) but those say HSDPA 2100.

So is it the same phone with the same radio? or am I paying a bigger price with expansys because of the ability to get on a better HSPA+ network with AT&T? Do you know if there are any other considerable differences?

Thank you for the feedback,

Tulamsh

I would assume they are the same, but don't quote me on that. It should be noted however that calling AT&T fast is quite a joke. You get what anyone else would call 3g on a good day, or at least that has been my experience.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#3 tulamsh

tulamsh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:13 AM

I would assume they are the same, but don't quote me on that. It should be noted however that calling AT&T fast is quite a joke. You get what anyone else would call 3g on a good day, or at least that has been my experience.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback snives. I am not tried to AT&T, I am just trying to find the fastest network that I can that still uses a sim card that I can switch out when I go to other countries. The HSPA+ network from what I found seems to be the next best thing to LTE without having to be tied to a specific network. Any suggestions are welcome though.

I had verizon in the past and it was good, but international roaming is almost unaffordable and I cannot use a local sim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users