#1 stevenhw8

stevenhw8

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:15 AM

Greetings fellow RAZRs!

I just got the RAZR myself last week and have been tinkering with it a little bit.
I was wondering if you gurus could shed some wisdom on some concerns I am having :D

1. I just flashed the retail 651.73.30 to get rid of the TMobile branding. I checked for other OTA updates and it says my phone is up to date. So I was wondering what's the 651.167.20 that's floating around the internet? Is it actually a hidden update for GB that my carrier decided to skip or is it more like a pre-release for ICS? This 651.167.20 also includes BP 03.1C.91P + WT 2.0.0-139 + Bootloader 0A.6C. Not sure what those mean, but would it be safe to flash? Would this update improve performance/battery life over the 651.73.30?

2. Battery seems to be worse than other phones I've owned. The HTC Desire, for example, could last good 3 days in standby while the RAZR lasts around a day and a half in standby. Of course we have to consider that the RAZR has a dual core, faster CPU and bigger screen. But not so sure this is normal. I've read about people whose phone dies after 4 hours and others who claim they only lost 10% of battery overnight (I lost 30% overnight).

I'm running on 651.73.30 stock, rooted with Zergrush, some bloatware frozen with Titanium. Also implemented SmartActions which basically has EVERYTHING off (GPS, Mobile Data, WiFi, Bluetooth, AutoSync, Brightness at 20%). In-Pocket detection is off (even froze the process) and only the auto-rotate screen is enabled.

Running GO Launcher EX with 3 home screens (calendar and facebook widget, weather and clock widget and toggle buttons)

I did go through all other threads that mentioned tips to increase battery life. Only thing I haven't tried is JuiceDefender, but I figured SmartActions is just as good, right?

Appreciate your time and help :)

#2 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:53 AM

Hello and welcome. First off I'm not familiar with the T-Mobile version sets, so can't help you there. Now battery. Any 4g device is not going to get the battery life you where used to. To put a bar on things, I'm a HEAVY user! With my maxx, on 4G with no GPS on and all my emails synching, instantly, I got about 12 hours yesterday. But the screen on time was around six hours. Now the max has double your battery life, so lets step back a few steps. With and standard new device. Your not going to get anymore then 4 to 5 hours of batt use *NOTE, that is screen on time. My best recommendations to you are. Keeping your screen brightness to auto with the power saving option checked. No GPS, put your social apps and emails on a push schedule. So there not syncing all the time. Keep 4g off unless your downloading something. Those are about the basics. Oh and use wifi when you can. I don't use and battery apps, as I don't believe in them cause everything they do you can do it yourself. Smart actions meh there OK for some things. That's all your preference, they can't hurt things. You can even go as far as under clocking your device. Jmo I would use Tom toolbox, best five bucks you will spend. Or setCPU. Out the box your phone will run at 1200 MHz you can dial it down to 1000mhz without a hiccup. These are just things that work for me
There are many ppl that say do this or do that, in the end its adjusting things so it, fits in with your day to day life and how u use your phone. O and task killers IMO are horrible. Android has a built in one, no need to hog up ram usage for a app that is doing the same thing for you. O and always use your moto charger ALWAYS. Using a diffremt charges can damage your battery. Last thing, make sure you have at least one time a day, probably at night, to charge it fully, every day. This conditions your battery for getting consistent usage. If you have been flashing alot of things or tinkering more. Wipe battery stats or use battery calibration on the market. It does work!

Hope this helps you, if you have any other questions feel free to msg me. If you pm me please don't get upset if I don't get back to you that day. Unless you mark urgent, then I will do my best to get back to you asap.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#3 stevenhw8

stevenhw8

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:06 AM

Thanks for your reply, Dirty!

The battery time I mentioned was on standby (so all kinds of connections were off)
I have SetCPU to 300MHz when screen is off.
I guess I could stop using SmartActions if I usually have everything off, right? Maybe not using SmartActions could save some more battery as well? I have the toggle widgets on the homescreen, so I switch on manually whenever I need something.

I leave the phone charging overnight, so it's full in the morning (using Moto charger).

But wiping the battery stats is something I haven't tried... I'll give it a go and post again.

What about the 2 different ROM versions? Have you heard of them?

Thanks!

#4 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:17 AM

To tell you the truth I did not no T-Mobile had a RAZR lol. I can look into it for you.

#5 stevenhw8

stevenhw8

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:52 AM

The TMobile version should just be like any GSM version. I was able to flash the retail EU version (basically universal one).
If you could look into it, that would be great.
Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users