arrrghhh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):Photon Q

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

Hey all,

I have this device and it seems REALLY similar to the other msm8960 Motorola devices on this site (XT907, XT925 and XT926).

Just looking for some help getting this thing running on JB - or on CM in general. I built CM9, but never really got the proprietary stuff working on it.

Trying to move onto JB, and I am having all sorts of display issues. My buddy managed to hack a kernel and hardware/qcom/display enough on Evervolv to get the bootani, and the thing boots! Touch works... but it's so very slow.

I'm hoping that some devs on the other MSM8960 Moto's can lend me a hand!! Thanks!!

Oh, and I also suggest this site adopt IRC for a chatroom - would be awesome!!

#2 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

I've been suggesting IRC for a while, no luck :P

As for getting the ROM to work... have you tried the Developer Edition XT926 or XT907 ROMs? My Atrix HD (also an MSM8960) can run anything that they can, so by that theory maybe yours can as well. Probably even easier since your bootloader is unlocked!

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#3 arrrghhh

arrrghhh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

I've been suggesting IRC for a while, no luck :P

As for getting the ROM to work... have you tried the Developer Edition XT926 or XT907 ROMs? My Atrix HD (also an MSM8960) can run anything that they can, so by that theory maybe yours can as well. Probably even easier since your bootloader is unlocked!

Hm.... I haven't just tried flashing a ROM from another device. I don't really want to brick the thing, and the whole bootloader difference made me wonder...

I've gotten Ev's JB to boot, and CM9 boots and seems snappy. I think I just need some help working thru some of the issues I'm having, and was hoping for an IRC channel to chat with some fellow Moto devs :).

IRC chat is really quite easy to deliver as well, you can just provide a link to Freenode's webchat which will go directly to your room... perhaps #droidrzr...?

#4 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

I have a room on IRC actually. Its #batakang on free node.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#5 arrrghhh

arrrghhh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

Hmmmm....

So far that room seems kinda dead compared to the chat here, but I'm never really on the chat on a website lol...

I'm certainly not going to just flash a ROM from a completely different device.

Just keep having endless panel issues. I got something to boot, but it's so slow it's unacceptable...

Can I post logs here? Just need some help in what direction to go in here....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users