5 replies to this topic

#1 lrdfang

lrdfang

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:35 AM

I just did the it's upgrade to .173 but now I have noticed that I don't have the car dock app anymore. Can someone please send it to me or tell me how to recover it? I use it almost every day and am kinda upset.

#2 Groundhound

Groundhound

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:24 AM

Interesting, I don't see it either. I just got my phone 2 days ago and updated to 173 shortly after activation, so I don't know if it was ever there.

#3 scott.fitz.fitzgerald

scott.fitz.fitzgerald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

On a slightly different request, but along the same lines, is there a way to unlock the car dock app without the actual Motorola car dock? I have a generic dock which I like better and am stuck with using some other apps instead. I tried magnets but no go there. The Razr docks don't seem to have the same magnet feature of the X and some others.

#4 jimgfitzgerald

jimgfitzgerald

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

I don't see the car dock app, but it still works when plugged into the dock.

#5 lrdfang

lrdfang

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:05 PM

I ended up getting it working. For some reason with 173 they removed it from the app drawer with not way to get it back that I have seen. Maybe if we dig we can find it. I tried it again after I posted this while heading back to work and got it to come up fine. I recently got an otter box commuter case for my phone and it at times can make the vehicle mount a little picky. Apparently I didn't have the connector in all the way when I first tried though I tried to reseat it. That is the only thing I can think of because when I went into the store for a while and came back out it worked. It might have been a download thing or something I don't know. It was weird because when I first tried it showed up in the app management but had no size and now it has like 104k. So what ever happened it fixed itself.

@scott: the best thing I could suggest is there is a sample smart actions set for car. If you have a bluetooth for your car it is supposed to do somethings and then pull up the car dock whenever it connects to a certain bluetooth device. I haven't tried it yet but that may work for you.

#6 scott.fitz.fitzgerald

scott.fitz.fitzgerald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

@lrdfang, I have been using the CarHome Ultra (paid, but theres also a free) app. It is pretty cool. When the bluetooth from my car connects the phone automatically goes into the dock app. It is pretty nice but I was just wondering how the moto app works. i liked it when i had the droid x. I know it's not the same but just curious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users