6 replies to this topic

#1 Steven

Steven

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

Has anyone else discovered that the manual for the HD dock states that there should be six docking modes? Well I only see four on my Razr Maxx as well as the ones at a local Verizon store. Secondly I notice that the phone will not flip to docking mode when I connect it with the dock about half of the time. I have to disconnect and reconnect several times.

#2 sankyou

sankyou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:23 PM

I had a similar problem with the vehicle dock not registering the connection. Turns out it was the ROM. I switched from ICS alpha to Eclipse 1.0 and it completely solved the problem. As far as the docking modes - I recommend using tasker. It give you so much more flexibility.

#3 Steven

Steven

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

What is tasker? I went through three levels of Verizon support and three levels of Motorola support on this a few weeks ago. Even the Verizon store people did not realize that the HD dock permium or standard are supposed to have six docking modes. The two that are missing are Webtop and Clock Radio. I really wanted Clock Radio like I have with my Droid X and its dock. So bedside mode starts in clock radio and then it dims out. No there is nothing that will keep it from dimming out. Been there done that. Even went to all apps, Motorola Dock and cleared all data. Ughh.

#4 scott.fitz.fitzgerald

scott.fitz.fitzgerald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

Webtop won't work unless you connect it with a micro HDMI cable to a tv or computer monitor etc. It will also work with the lapdock accessory. So there may be 6 dock modes but there are other connections that need to be made for some of them to be available.

As far as the radio player/bedside options, go into the dock mode and go to settings and you can adjust the nighttime brightness all the way up. The screen may revert back to clock and dim slightly but that's the best that I've figured out. Other than that you can go into the phone settings and then display and adjust the screen timeout length. And remember if you want to choose between dock options go to the notification bar and click on "select dock" and make sure that the box for "always use this option" (or whatever the actual wording is) is not checked off so you have the option to select everytime.

Hope that helps a little.

#5 scott.fitz.fitzgerald

scott.fitz.fitzgerald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:49 PM

Also forgot that the other dock option is Office dock. That has a few more functions to it so you can see if you like that at all.

#6 sankyou

sankyou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

Tasker lets you set options based on conditions. It's like moto's smart actions on steriods. A bit tough to get configured at first but it's great. I'm not completely sure it will cover what you're looking for though...

#7 Steven

Steven

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:53 AM

@ Scott, Thanks for the info. Yes I have adjusted screen timeout and brightness and that does not affect when the phone in the dock will go from clock radio to dim. Office dock is not helpful. I have played with it and even added stuff to it. I have all that stuff on my PC. It is good to know that Webtop requires an HDMI connection which I can do. What I used to have on my DroidX in its media dock was a clock, weather, and notification bar across the top. When I wanted to go to dim clock face I taped an icon on the screen. The difference with my Razr Maxx in its docks is that those things show up initially and then in about twenty seconds it goes to dim clock face. I have messed around forever with all dock options, time out settings, clearing data, etc. Even Motorola support eventually gave up and just told me that each phone has different features. Doh! Yes i know. But the dock manual does say to expect a clock radio mode. Oh well. So now I just tap the dimmed screen and up will come what I want to see. What I had hoped for is that the full on screen would be the default just like my DroidX in its dock. Have a great day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users