n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr Maxx

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

Hi there,

Wondering if someone can help me out.

I'm in the UK and recently purchased a Razr Maxx onlline. This appears to have been shipped from Hong Kong. On arrival, the box has a white sticker saying 'EU' on it. From what I can remember, when I was looking at the Software Information, it did have the word 'Asia' in there somewhere.(which surprised me, as it had 'EU' on the box).

Here's the problem. In my haste to want to use Jellybean on it, I followed a

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

which essentially backed up the CID and then erased it, so I could install the American OTA update to Jellybean and a GSM patch.

I didn't make a note of what firmware I was using previously. This is a problem, as to back out of the JB installation, I need to reinstall the Fastboot files, before restoring the CID.

I don't know which Fastboot files to use, there are Hong Kong, EU, Asian. I don't know what the effect would be, to install the wrong location and then restore the CID...presumably I wouldn't be able to get into the phone?

Is there any way of working this out? I have emailed Motorola to see if they can help - but I wondered if any of you had any suggestions.

Many Thanks

#2 qss247

qss247

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

Hi there,

Wondering if someone can help me out.

I'm in the UK and recently purchased a Razr Maxx onlline. This appears to have been shipped from Hong Kong. On arrival, the box has a white sticker saying 'EU' on it. From what I can remember, when I was looking at the Software Information, it did have the word 'Asia' in there somewhere.(which surprised me, as it had 'EU' on the box).

Here's the problem. In my haste to want to use Jellybean on it, I followed a

which essentially backed up the CID and then erased it, so I could install the American OTA update to Jellybean and a GSM patch.

I didn't make a note of what firmware I was using previously. This is a problem, as to back out of the JB installation, I need to reinstall the Fastboot files, before restoring the CID.

I don't know which Fastboot files to use, there are Hong Kong, EU, Asian. I don't know what the effect would be, to install the wrong location and then restore the CID...presumably I wouldn't be able to get into the phone?

Is there any way of working this out? I have emailed Motorola to see if they can help - but I wondered if any of you had any suggestions.

Many Thanks

hope this helps i dont know much about what version or firmware but this link should help try it out

and this link as well

need to google translate it

#3 white43

white43

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

Thanks for your reply and the links.

I'm fairly certain I was either running Central EU firmware or Hong Kong/Taiwan firmware. Now, as I recall the word 'Asia' was definitely in there, I think I'm going to go ahead and call that the firmware was the Asian (not operator). What would the effect be if I installed the wrong firmware and then restored the CID?

#4 qss247

qss247

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:20 AM

Thanks for your reply and the links.

I'm fairly certain I was either running Central EU firmware or Hong Kong/Taiwan firmware. Now, as I recall the word 'Asia' was definitely in there, I think I'm going to go ahead and call that the firmware was the Asian (not operator). What would the effect be if I installed the wrong firmware and then restored the CID?

from what i know the rsd lite will not go through cause its not the right file. but bro you have to take risks and chances in life. so make a prayer and take the plunge. do some research as much as you can on the model and version of your phone and im very sure u will find something. if not download all asian version download all eu version and go at it till you get it right

#5 white43

white43

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

Just looked through the box - there are two sets of manuals - one set in Chinese, the other English. The last page of the manual says "Motorola, Inc. (HK)"

So we have a winner. It's the Hong Kong version. Still confused as to why it has an 'EU' sticker on it. This should mean I need to use Hong Kong/Taiwan firmware of which I have downloaded the latest - but you're right, I should download all the Asian firmware for TW/HK.

I don't really want to flash it back to ICS as JB is working much better. It's just in case I have to resell the phone. At the moment, when it boots up, there's an error message about CID.

Anyway, despite this phone being a couple years old, battery life just completely blows away the competition. I got a Nexus 4. Joke. Battery life is abissmal and it has a bad death grip.

#6 qss247

qss247

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

Just looked through the box - there are two sets of manuals - one set in Chinese, the other English. The last page of the manual says "Motorola, Inc. (HK)"

So we have a winner. It's the Hong Kong version. Still confused as to why it has an 'EU' sticker on it. This should mean I need to use Hong Kong/Taiwan firmware of which I have downloaded the latest - but you're right, I should download all the Asian firmware for TW/HK.

I don't really want to flash it back to ICS as JB is working much better. It's just in case I have to resell the phone. At the moment, when it boots up, there's an error message about CID.

Anyway, despite this phone being a couple years old, battery life just completely blows away the competition. I got a Nexus 4. Joke. Battery life is abissmal and it has a bad death grip.

agreed. the cid can be replaced thats not a big issue make sure u keep it safe somewhere

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users