8 replies to this topic

#1 greeneink

greeneink

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

I just switched over from the Bionic. I was deodexed using the circle battery mods on. I really miss that notification icon. Can someone tell me how to deodex an OS or does anyone plan on doing this? I don't mind doing the work if someone is willing to point me in the right direction as how to do it. Thanks for the help.

#2 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:20 AM

Moved this to the general forum.

#3 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

Google search Smali.jar and baksmali.jar. these are the tools you will use to deodex a build. You could also use a tool like kitchen. Kitchen does it in a single batch automatically, where as the former is used to deodex single odex files. I prefer the individual method.

Good luck :]

#4 greeneink

greeneink

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

Thanks for teaching me to fish! I think I'll look at kitchen 1st. I'm not really looking to enjoy it, just get my Batt % icon back. Thanks again :D Wow! Pretty much above my pay grade. I guess I'll wait for someone to feed me the fish.

#5 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

Deodexing is not necessary to change the battery icon, or get 1% increments on jb razr hd.

#6 greeneink

greeneink

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

Where would I find out how to go about that? How difficult is it? I've done some searching on a few forums and am not finding anything. I think I'm above a noob, but probably not very much.

#7 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

You need to research using apktool to decompile apks. The battery is controlled by an xml in the SystemUI.apk. Then you need to come up with all of the battery images from 1-100. They also go in SystemUI.apk.

#8 dunttt

dunttt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Twitter:dunttt
  • Google+:jon36m@gmail.com
  • LocationChicago IL
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

Where would I find out how to go about that? How difficult is it? I've done some searching on a few forums and am not finding anything. I think I'm above a noob, but probably not very much.

I've been told the 9.1.39 leak deodexed in the roms section is the same as 9.1.41 OTA.

#9 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:56 AM

I've been told the 9.1.39 leak deodexed in the roms section is the same as 9.1.41 OTA.

Yep that's correct. I think all the ROM's in our section are from a .39 deodexed base.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users