Photo

What is your story behind your profile name?

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#61 RedTerroR

RedTerroR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

Growing up in Raleigh and having lived here my whole life, I have always been a huge fan of the Red and White from North Carolina State University. As a kid, my room was even decked out in NC State wallpaper and borders and the whole 9 yards!

One of the original mascots for the then North Carolina College of Agricultural and Mechanical Arts was the Red Terrors and it wasn't until 1922 when a fan described the students at a basketball game to be behaving "like a wolf pack" that the official mascot was then changed to the "Wolfpack," which they still are named today.

And well I've always been one for history!

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

#62 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

I think mine is fairly obvious. Starting with having two kids eighteen yrs ago...... I think you get the picture......

RAZR HD Dev
  • Furthestprism likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#63 Sabres032

Sabres032

Large and in charge EMS minion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA
  • Current Device(s):Google Pixel 2 XL

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

I'm a Buffalo Sabres fan, one of my favorite players was Rob Ray and his number was 32. Thus Sabres032.

Edit... Born in 1968 so I'll be sitting at the adults table.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

Sent from my Marine World N6 or my Nexus 7 2013 WiFi I'll let you figure out which.

#64 orateam

orateam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

Used to own my own consulting practice back a long 20 years ago specialing in oracle. Since defunct and working for da man now. :) Man, i don't feel 44 until i talk about those times.

#65 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

I love Roman and Greek history. I took two years of Latin in high school, which my name was Brutus. I have always viewed the classic Brutus as a man that was willing to do what needed to be done, even in the most extreme case. Also my favorite numbers are 3, multiples of 3 and evens. In '06 I started making a lot of accounts on different sites which I just tacked on the 06 to Brutus, so I have just kept using it since its 2 * 3 lol.

Et Tu Brute? :D

Interesting. My RL birthday is the day that Brutus and company murdered Julius Caeser....The Ides of March.

Even more interesting, I have only one sister - and she was born on the day JFK was assassinated....

#66 Staf_in_Wah

Staf_in_Wah

Protecting our Libraries from the Zombie Apocalypse!!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts
  • Twitter:darthbiblia
  • LocationIowa
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7 Pr0, TicwatchPro 3, Huawei MediaPad M5

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

Interesting. My RL birthday is the day that Brutus and company murdered Julius Caeser....The Ides of March.

Even more interesting, I have only one sister - and she was born on the day JFK was assassinated....

Stafinois Junior shares a birthday with your sister. One of my dogs was born on the anniversary of MLK Jr's death. Another dog on the anniversary of John Lennon.

via tapatalk on a rooted nook tablet

a girl has no sig

#67 silvrbullt1

silvrbullt1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Google+:giantram25@gmail.com
  • LocationSeattle
  • Current Device(s):droid razr, xoom wifi

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

So back in the day playing BF1942 I tried for silverbullet and every other game but it was always taken so removed the e's and added a1, main reason for the name, love the beer, my car was a silverthorn metallic 2 door 2.5rs (wifes now) works out for my newest subie since it is silver aswell and like vamp and werewolf books / movies.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#68 Prymaldark

Prymaldark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:Prymaldark
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):XT912M, TF700T, NookST

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

I came up with the name for a rogue character in an online game. Rogues are a sneaky sort, striking from the shadows at the most opportune moment. I thought along the lines of the essence of the night, which led to primal dark, and then with a little twist I wound up with Prymal'Dark.

This has become one of my favorite monikers. I even managed to get the state to make a nametag for my truck with it, which makes processing paperwork for parking passes particularly painless. Oh, and P is not my favorite letter, I just like to have fun with words on occasion.

#69 Notc

Notc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:03 AM

I originally tried to to sign up as Tonc (part of my name), but I was unable to activate my account, so I made a new one and just switched the letters to make Notc.

I'm also 24 and promise to stay off all your lawns :P
  • marleyinoc likes this

#70 NullPointerException

NullPointerException

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

I originally tried to to sign up as Tonc (part of my name), but I was unable to activate my account, so I made a new one and just switched the letters to make Notc.

I'm also 24 and promise to stay off all your lawns :P

Phonetically it sounds like Nazi, when you say it.

Send from my Note 2 killing Droid DNA.

#71 Notc

Notc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

Phonetically it sounds like Nazi, when you say it.

Send from my Note 2 killing Droid DNA.

I've said it in my head before and this never occurred to me. :mellow:

#72 Ban-Hammer

Ban-Hammer

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Twitter:@Adam_Swint
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR HD, Razr M

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

I was a mod on my friends server dedicated to a HL2 mod. So that's where my name originates.
As for my avatar, it reflects the long lost Android 2.3: Goat Cheese. Its just vaporware now...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

owCdSyp.jpg

#73 djhbomber1

djhbomber1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Current Device(s):OG Razr, Razr MAXX HD

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

I normally use 'ABIPUP,' but I screwed up registration so now I use my initials + high school mascot + 1.
'ABIPUP' (pronounced ah-bee-pup) is 6 random letters I button-smashed while making an account for Time Splitters 2 on the PS2. Cool story, right? :P
Also I'm 20, so I get to sit at droidrzr's kid's table! ;)

#74 Furthestprism

Furthestprism

Tank Rat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts
  • Current Device(s):Yes

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

Ummm... me being somewhat uncreative with names, it's a variation of what was given to me when I signed up for Xbox live... and I'm 24. Young me.

I refuse. 

uploadfromtaptalk1404894178520.jpg

#75 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

Mine started out as a joke in the chat room and I dared Matt to change it. Now here I am lol. BigDaddyHicks.

#76 altspeed

altspeed

Director of National Stupidity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Twitter:@Pat_Droid
  • Google+:+Patrick Robinson
  • LocationDallas Texas
  • Current Device(s):RIP 8 & 16 GB Bionics, XT912 RAZR Maxx, XT907 RAZR M Current XT 1060 Motomaker Future Nexus 6

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

Anybody over here that doesn't remember the story from the same topic on droidforums. I used to manage a shop where we sold a very cool little known brand of Korean v-twin sport bikes called hyosung (morning star in Korean) we developed some custom fuel maps carburetor set up kits for the carbureted models etc and since it was speed equipment for an alternate brand we dubbed the operation "altspeed", I had that domain, where I blogged, maintained a list of goodies we had on hand, posted tutorials, etc. The guys that owned the shop went bankrupt after a bad trip to vegas. I let the domain die, kept the email and the online moniker.

• altspeed likes this

"We are the People Verizon warned you about"

8 GB Bionic JB, 16 GB Bionic JB, Bionic Lapdock X2, Razr Maxx XT912 JB, Razr M XT907 JBLX

#77 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

That can have that effect......

RAZR HD Dev

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#78 Redalert

Redalert

Half Man, Half Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):Note 3 / Razr Maxx / Droid2 / LG Ally / Moto Q / Nexus 10

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

Redalert is a name I came up with when I use to play rainbow6 raven shield on pc back in the day. I'll be 33 on the 7th.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2
Posted Image

#79 iBLeeDBaTTLeReD

iBLeeDBaTTLeReD

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

Comes from my passion for my home NFL team Houston Texans:

i bleed- self explanatory
battle red- name of the red color in the Texans logo

#80 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

Redalert is a name I came up with when I use to play rainbow6 raven shield on pc back in the day. I'll be 33 on the 7th.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

Dude I logged many many hours on that freakin game. Loved it.
  • Redalert likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users