209 replies to this topic

#161 FretNoize

FretNoize

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

Matt, thanks for all your hard work on this. I got the soak JB 98.72.16.XT912 a few days ago which I have running in the stock rom slot. After restoring a copy of it into slot 1, I ran your ROM compatibility flasher utility and installed Batakang into slot 1. It works perfectly and I really love it, but it is a bit inconvenient to have to run the utility to swap kernels every time I want to boot between stock and Batakang. Do you have a timeline on when you'll have a version of Batakang that can run alongside the latest soak without having to use your utility? Thank you and keep up the good work!

#162 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

Matt, thanks for all your hard work on this. I got the soak JB 98.72.16.XT912 a few days ago which I have running in the stock rom slot. After restoring a copy of it into slot 1, I ran your ROM compatibility flasher utility and installed Batakang into slot 1. It works perfectly and I really love it, but it is a bit inconvenient to have to run the utility to swap kernels every time I want to boot between stock and Batakang. Do you have a timeline on when you'll have a version of Batakang that can run alongside the latest soak without having to use your utility? Thank you and keep up the good work!

The first rule of fight club is there is no talking about updates. ;)

In all seriousness from what I have seen from Devs talking is that it's gonna take a bit to get new Roms rolling. Hang tight.
  • lifeisgood likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#163 FretNoize

FretNoize

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

The first rule of fight club is there is no talking about updates. ;)

In all seriousness from what I have seen from Devs talking is that it's gonna take a bit to get new Roms rolling. Hang tight.

Sorry, that was a noob mistake on my part... :unsure:
  • Memnoch73 likes this

#164 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

Well I could just include the kernel in the ROM.. Then have a second download link for flashing the original one back if you are done with Batakang.

Re-making all of these edits when this one works fine doesn't make sense to me :P

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• jadesdan likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#165 FretNoize

FretNoize

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

Well I could just include the kernel in the ROM.. Then have a second download link for flashing the original one back if you are done with Batakang.

Re-making all of these edits when this one works fine doesn't make sense to me :P

I thought maybe there would be some way of simply switching between the two slots using SS without having to re-flash or use a utility. I don't know if this is technically feasible though... it sounds like it isn't. I'm assuming it's because the kernel versions have changed between JB versions?

#166 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

I thought maybe there would be some way of simply switching between the two slots using SS without having to re-flash or use a utility. I don't know if this is technically feasible though... it sounds like it isn't. I'm assuming it's because the kernel versions have changed between JB versions?

Actually it's not possible due to Moto's locked bootloader. :angry:

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#167 FretNoize

FretNoize

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

Actually it's not possible due to Moto's locked bootloader. :angry:

Oh, now I understand... thanks. Will wait patiently for the next update then. :(

#168 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

... But what i don't understand > Why nobody supports BMM? ...

If only there was a SIMPLE and CLEAR tutorial here, I've been wanting to check out BMM and I've seen others on this forum ask about it > > without any comment from someone who actually uses it. Only thing I've been able to find on the XDA site seems separated directions for 'what this one feature of BMM does' and then another 'what that other feature of BMM does' ... just never saw a combined simple walk-thru like with Safestrap covering from install to usage to removal ... nor that anyone on CDMA over there uses BMM.

Maybe if you posted a thread in the XT912 Development or General area with something like that, some might be willing to give it a shot when they know they can find a live person around here for support and questions. Just my 2 euros.

Gesendet von meinem XT912 ohne Tapatalk 2

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

#169 HSD-Pilot

HSD-Pilot

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Current Device(s):RazR

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

I will see what I can do. I got to have time for it. I'm Mod in the RazR & RazR I Forum here in Germany, so I usual write my How To's in German and have a lot to do to keep the Devices alive :D
Edit: But not because of the bad Tutorials > Some Users just to lazy to read them completely (I guess you Guys know what i'm talking about)
But maybe tomorrow after work I'll find some time to write something in bad English :ph34r:

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 2
  • cmh714 likes this

Soundcloud <> Bassgrow

#170 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

I think I want to attempt BMM and may do so next week when I finally update from ICS....still not sure but leaning that way.

#171 jmbode

jmbode

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

Its been a wild ride ... was using the HD rom from ICS as my daily rom and loved it. Ventured back to unrooted stock to see if the phone would OTA to JB and it did ... then it got crazy ... LOL
But with the help of these forums here, and the excellent DEVS like Matt here ... I was able to boot into the Xmas JB and run this rom hard-keys and its practically the same as HD was on ICS.
LOVE IT! THANKS MATT certainly appreciate and respect your hard work on all the things you do.
  • mattlgroff likes this

#172 rosso

rosso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

I will see what I can do. I got to have time for it. I'm Mod in the RazR & RazR I Forum here in Germany, so I usual write my How To's in German and have a lot to do to keep the Devices alive :D
Edit: But not because of the bad Tutorials > Some Users just to lazy to read them completely (I guess you Guys know what i'm talking about)
But maybe tomorrow after work I'll find some time to write something in bad English :ph34r:

Your English seems to be fine to me...a lot better than my German. I lived in Germany a total of 11 years in the 21 I was in the army and never learned to write German and my spoken German was worse than most Germans spoken English. So if you have time to write that tutorial we would appreciate it...

Ross
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#173 HSD-Pilot

HSD-Pilot

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Current Device(s):RazR

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

I hope i can get it up untill this Weekend. Yesterday we leaked the GSM JB, so we're a lil bit busy here in Germany. :ph34r:

• mattlgroff and cmh714 like this

Soundcloud <> Bassgrow

#174 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

I hope i can get it up untill this Weekend. Yesterday we leaked the GSM JB, so we're a lil bit busy here in Germany. :ph34r:

No problem we understand :)

#175 rosso

rosso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

No problem....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#176 jmbode

jmbode

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

This has indeed become my everyday rom ... quick question ... the "quick settings" when you swipe across the home page, is that editable by any chance? Was wanting to put the "mobile hotspot" toggle in there if I could.

Thanks again for the excellent rom!

#177 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

This has indeed become my everyday rom ... quick question ... the "quick settings" when you swipe across the home page, is that editable by any chance? Was wanting to put the "mobile hotspot" toggle in there if I could.

Thanks again for the excellent rom!

It certainly may be with tons of smali work but that would be incredible amount of work for very little gain....so I don't see that happening at least on my end.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#178 jmbode

jmbode

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

I hear ya ... Will look for a different avenue... notification toggle ...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#179 Kebob

Kebob

Dev

• Developer
  • 246 posts
  • Google+:kebob.rzr@gmail.com
  • LocationWashington

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

I really need to update my phone but I have a huge project atm and then I have other stuff to do. But once i get like a day to work on this I will make a rom for myself and I will release it. It will be almost identical to this since the roms I create, including this one, are based on what I use everyday so glad other people use this stuff also. Ill post the rom once I get a chance
  • cvhovey and weaponx like this

#180 bubblyhobo

bubblyhobo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

I LOVE this ROM... but i have a few complaints.

Pros:
Nice stock look
Good on battery life
Data, Camera, Camcorder, Wifi, Blutooth, etc all works
Jelly Bean:)
aokp and moto launcher (though i would like to be able to use the Circles widget in aokp)

Cons:
Would like to be able to switch between Stock battery icon and 1% battery mod
Would like to see the stock messaging app rather than the Moto one, it looks a lot cleaner.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users