#1 jas0n_ch0

jas0n_ch0

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSunnyvale, CA

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

I'm running rooted .174. I had actually a better 4G connection after the unoffical update to .174. All of a sudden, I realize I don't have any 3G or 4G connection anymore. This situation just surfaced after having the 3G and 4G work fine ever since I went to the update a few weeks back. I'm using the Smart Action app to turn off my 4G, background sync, and GPS when the screen is off. Normally, you wouldn't see the 3G or 4G connection when "waking" up the phone, but once the screen is on for a few seconds, the 3G or 4G will show up.

For the past day now, I don't have a 3G or 4G connection. I have tried rebooting, removing the 4G sim card and reinserting, even d'led the Restore Connectivity Settings app, but still no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 jas0n_ch0

jas0n_ch0

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSunnyvale, CA

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

I just found out .174 is NOT going be an official update and all the links have been removed. I'm going back to .748

#3 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

I just found out .174 is NOT going be an official update and all the links have been removed. I'm going back to .748

Instead of .748, you could always just go with .173... That is the most recent OTA and has the upgraded 4G radio. The only 'major' bug with it, is that hitting search in the app drawer breaks things.

#4 jas0n_ch0

jas0n_ch0

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSunnyvale, CA

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

Instead of .748, you could always just go with .173... That is the most recent OTA and has the upgraded 4G radio. The only 'major' bug with it, is that hitting search in the app drawer breaks things.

I just might do that. The 4G and battery life has improved tremendously on .173 coming from .748.

About the search in the app drawer causing Force Closes. I never had this issue, I've been running Go Launcher with the ICS theme which happens to change the app drawer and never once did I experience this problem. I know I should have stayed with .173, everything was all fine and dandy until I upgraded to .174.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users