9 replies to this topic

#1 yonkyu

yonkyu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationCanada...N.S.

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:20 AM

Ice Cream Sandwich just seems to love the Motorola Droid Razr. Recently the device has received an Ice Cream Sandwich leak found to be running with the Motoblur user interface but now the Droid Razr has a new surprise. An AOSP ROM based on CyanogenMod 9 by RootzWiki member dhacker29 has just fallen into the Droid Razr’s lap.

Dubbed IC3RAZR, this ROM is based on Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich and is currently in its alpha stage. Understandably, there are still a few bugs that need working on, such as:
  • ADB
  • USB Mass Storage mounting
  • Camera
  • GTalk camera issues
  • Market loads but unfortunately cannot install apps

Everything else, however, like SMS, GPS, Bluetooth, audio and data, seem to be working just fine. The ROM is not quite stable for daily use, but progress is being made on bringing it up to a fully functional level.

Requirements

If you’d love to get the IC3RAZR on your device today, and you aren’t going to let a few snags stop you. You’ll need a few things:
  • A rooted Motorola Droid Razr with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
    • If you haven’t rooted your device yet, you should not proceed any further. Take a moment to root your phone using our guides

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

or

• If you have already rooted your phone, but have not yet installed ClockworkMod Recovery installed, you may refer to

to help you along.
  • Make sure that your phone is fully charged, to prevent it from shutting off in the middle of the update process.
  • Make a backup of all the important information and data on your phone, as these may be lost or corrupted during the update process.
  • Make sure that you’ve got USB Debugging enabled on your device. You may check through “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”.
  • Download the

ROM.
Instructions for Installing

Once you have all of the requirements, you may now proceed to installing IC3RAZR onto your Motorola Droid Razr:
  • Download the IC3RAZR Alpha ROM to your computer. The ROM is packaged as a ZIP file.
  • Copy the ZIP file to the root of your device’s external SD card.
  • Turn off your phone.
  • Reboot into recovery.
  • Make a Nandroid backup.
  • Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”.
  • Select “Wipe Cache”.
  • Select “Wipe Dalvik Cache” from the Advanced menu.
  • Navigate to “Install Zip from SD Card”.
  • Select the IC3RAZR Alpha ZIP file. Confirm that you want to start flashing the file.
  • Once the file has finished flashing, select “Go Back”.
  • Select “Reboot System Now”.

Once your Motorola Droid Razr has rebooted, it’ll now be running on Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich courtesy of IC3RAZR Alpha ROM. Congratulations and enjoy!

#2 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:27 AM

Where was this posted?

Toy have seen this right?

[Rom][Alpha]-Ic3Razr-01-27-2012

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

:-D :-D

#3 yonkyu

yonkyu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationCanada...N.S.

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:40 AM

who is Toy....did i do something wrong? if i did i apologize.

#4 mgarney26

mgarney26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Twitter:mgarney26
  • Locationmobile alabama

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:51 AM

my market installs apps with no problems

#5 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:16 AM

who is Toy....did i do something wrong? if i did i apologize.

Not so much doing something wrong, but it is by no means recent news. IC3RAZR has been around for months. The status was changed from pre-alpha to alpha about a month ago, but it has been stable for a good bit longer than that.

Also, things like the market not working have been solved for a while as well iirc. The only thing holding me back from using it as a daily driver is the camera. It could very well be fixed by now though for all I know as I haven't tested it in a few weeks.

#6 yonkyu

yonkyu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationCanada...N.S.

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:22 AM

yeah kinda found that out later.....sorry folks , will be more careful next time, just got a little excited is all....thought the project was stalled for a bit.

#7 coloradoflats

coloradoflats

Willing to Brick for ICS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Twitter:@KevinVanLear
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:25 AM

yeah kinda found that out later.....sorry folks , will be more careful next time, just got a little excited is all....thought the project was stalled for a bit.

You should edit it... Market works and add HDMI to not working.
"Did you see what I said?"

#8 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:02 AM

Moved to General. News is a reserved section for mods/admins as it shows on the homepage. Not sure when the permissions on it got borked and is allowing anyone to post there. Sorry.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#9 Cruiserdude

Cruiserdude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Twitter:@andrewblitch

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:56 AM

There are also data issues for many people. I've read alot of people were having issues where no matter what they did, the phone would drop data after a few hours or so. Something else to consider. Progress is moving quite rapidly though, seems like camera, adb, and this data issue are really the only things still holding it back from being a daily usable rom for everyone.

#10 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:38 PM

Seems like linkbuilding / article marketing to me... except they weren't smart enough to even tailor anchor text to the site... weak sauce! ;-)

[ sent from _base2 ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users