• Please log in to reply
457 replies to this topic

#121 superstargoddess

superstargoddess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:36 AM

By the time I got the fastboot files again, phone just turned too low battery to program. Hopefully it's charging connected to my computer in fastboot mode or can do so while in fastboot plugged into the wall. Otherwise I have no idea since the only other thing it will do is be stuck at the Dual Core screen.

All of this over status bar icons. ><
  • mattp427 likes this
- Motorola Droid RAZR [IC3Razr- always most recent]

#122 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

Safe Strap or Boot Strap??

Bootstrap.

#123 mugsy77

mugsy77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

Safe Strap or Boot Strap??

Sent from my AXI0M [R]AZR using Tapatalk

Bootstrap for sure

#124 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:39 AM

I think I might be able to fix the battery but I can't get the SystemUI.apk to recompile. Any ideas? Ive tried apkmulti, apktool, apkmanager. Tried using framework-res.apk as dependency. Nothing.

#125 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:41 AM

By the time I got the fastboot files again, phone just turned too low battery to program. Hopefully it's charging connected to my computer in fastboot mode or can do so while in fastboot plugged into the wall. Otherwise I have no idea since the only other thing it will do is be stuck at the Dual Core screen.

All of this over status bar icons. ><

You can't hold the vol down button and power to get it to cwmr?
If so then just wipe everything (dalvik,cache,data/factory reset,format/system) again, and reflash axiom.

I've already done this about 4 times this morning messing with different stuff while trying to figure out what I can and can't theme.

#126 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:42 AM

Wow! Wild what just happened...

I did a reboot cuz my data was doing weird stuff, then after Axiom logo, it stated Android Upgrading and did some stuff with 100 files then booted into every dang process you can think of being stopped/fc and I could not get out of it.

This happen to anyone or can anyone shed light on why I ran into that? I swear I didn't change anything - lol

This happened to me on ic3 too after I toggled safe system in safestrap and booted back into my stock system then went back. As soon as I booted back into ic3 it did the "upgrading android" or whatever and had a progress bar and whatnot and afterward I had significant data issues. No idea what caused it or what it did.

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to boot this yet :( no wifi where I am so can do initial setup

[ sent from _base2 ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#127 DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • Twitter:@droidth3ory
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

This happened to me on ic3 too after I toggled safe system in safestrap and booted back into my stock system then went back. As soon as I booted back into ic3 it did the "upgrading android" or whatever and had a progress bar and whatnot and afterward I had significant data issues. No idea what caused it or what it did.

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to boot this yet no wifi where I am so can do initial setup

[ sent from _base2 ]

You can skip the setup wizard. Select Not Now. :)

#128 DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • Twitter:@droidth3ory
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:48 AM

Bootstrap for sure

It should do that unless a system Change was made. It is rebuilding the dalvik. Weird.

#129 superstargoddess

superstargoddess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:51 AM

You can't hold the vol down button and power to get it to cwmr?
If so then just wipe everything (dalvik,cache,data/factory reset,format/system) again, and reflash axiom.

I've already done this about 4 times this morning messing with different stuff while trying to figure out what I can and can't theme.

Nope, it's installed but it hasn't let me do that. Bright white light on the little led now, guess that means charging.
- Motorola Droid RAZR [IC3Razr- always most recent]

#130 J-Droid65

J-Droid65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:07 AM

Not real sure why a large # of peeps don't like safestrap, but its the only recovery I've used since RAZR came out and its great. Haven't had any issues flashing & toggle modes. The last ota was extremely simple to do since had stock 'untouched'. It may be a lil confusing @ first but worth it IMO

#131 Skooma

Skooma

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:10 AM

I don't like safestrap because we have a safety net now. It's good if you want to run two different roms, beyond that I don't think it's of any use. I trust the devs/moderators that have stated it was originally for testing, more than I trust people on the forums that still flash in it.

#132 coloradoflats

coloradoflats

Willing to Brick for ICS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Twitter:@KevinVanLear
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:16 AM

Not real sure why a large # of peeps don't like safestrap, but its the only recovery I've used since RAZR came out and its great. Haven't had any issues flashing & toggle modes. The last ota was extremely simple to do since had stock 'untouched'. It may be a lil confusing @ first but worth it IMO

+1
"Did you see what I said?"

#133 mugsy77

mugsy77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:18 AM

It should do that unless a system Change was made. It is rebuilding the dalvik. Weird.

Yeah. I didn't touch anything system related for sure. Wasn't a big deal until it booted all of the way up where I was stuck in a stop process loop after clicking ok on every dang process and it never exited all of the way. /shrug

#134 RazrSharpJoel

RazrSharpJoel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:24 AM

I don't like safestrap because we have a safety net now. It's good if you want to run two different roms, beyond that I don't think it's of any use. I trust the devs/moderators that have stated it was originally for testing, more than I trust people on the forums that still flash in it.

I use SS in case I screw up I don't have to worry and SBF I can just reboot and get into recovery. Plus I have a complete stock on non safe so its easier and more convenient to take OTA's. My opinion

Sent from my ROOTED SAFE STRAPPED RAZR SHARP RAZR MAXX ROCKIN ECLIPSE FRANKENSTEIN AND A SUPER LONG SIGNATURE

#135 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:31 AM

Wow! Wild what just happened...

I did a reboot cuz my data was doing weird stuff, then after Axiom logo, it stated Android Upgrading and did some stuff with 100 files then booted into every dang process you can think of being stopped/fc and I could not get out of it.

This happen to anyone or can anyone shed light on why I ran into that? I swear I didn't change anything - lol

I had the same thing happen. I didn't change anything either. I let the phone settle for about 10 mins then rebooted and when it booted up, i had the upgrading Android and was stuck because it failed. Its not going to stop me though, i am flashing this sucker again today.lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk
  • mugsy77 likes this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#136 topdog031382

topdog031382

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:10 AM

Need HW Acceleration to work for Chrome.

Yes

Wipe and format.

Yep did all of that. It just will not boot after flashing. Any ideas?

#137 brewski

brewski

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

I am in no way asking that DT or anyone else do this for me, but does anyone know/can tell me how to add web top back in to this so I can use my lapdock. TIA. And this rom is sick by the way.

#138 DarkestSpawn

DarkestSpawn

Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

I am in no way asking that DT or anyone else do this for me, but does anyone know/can tell me how to add web top back in to this so I can use my lapdock. TIA. And this rom is sick by the way.

I dont believe the ICS ROMs for RAZR have full webtop because of no working HDMI atm. Someone correct me if Im wrong.
  • igomoto likes this
-Beta Mod-
-Grand Master of the Testing-

Posted Image

#139 pasinato

pasinato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Twitter:tonypasinato@hotmail.com

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:30 AM

I use SS in case I screw up I don't have to worry and SBF I can just reboot and get into recovery. Plus I have a complete stock on non safe so its easier and more convenient to take OTA's. My opinion

Sent from my ROOTED SAFE STRAPPED RAZR SHARP RAZR MAXX ROCKIN ECLIPSE FRANKENSTEIN AND A SUPER LONG SIGNATURE

Agree with you, if you like to play around with ROMs, SS is the way to go. I keep a rooted copy on my normal mode, with the latest OTA. I installed this rom on my safe partion, without issues and booted right up. I do trust most the Builders out there, but have been soft bricked numerous times.... Since I switched over to SS, no issues at all.

#140 topdog031382

topdog031382

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:32 AM

DT,

Ok I am not sure what is wrong or if it is something I am doing but I have never had a problem with ROMS. I tried flashing this one and all I get is a black screen after rebooting. I wiped system and cache, formatted system under mounts and storage and wiped davlik. The ROM installs fine but once I reboot...nothing. I am operating on the .173 version as well. Any thoughts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users