• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 chazall1

chazall1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

On Tuesday, My wife dropped her xt907 Razr M in the tub, and retrived it sa fast as she could. The phone was still on, and she tried several times to turn the phone off, but the device would not turn off. The phone would cycle through to the Android with a red tryangle. She then got a bag of rice and placed the phone in the bag within the first hour. When I got to the phone 8 hours later, I tried everything to get the phone to shut down? this did not happen. Today the phone will boot up, the power button will wake the phone, but when using the phone, the power button just vibrates when pushed. I also have realized that when
ICAN BOOT INTO RECOVERY, but my Voluime buttons will not allow me to toggle down V- or select fFASTBOOT.
I Have a Factory USB Cable and have access to Fastboot.
The Buttons not functioning has me stumped, should I take her phone apart to check around the buttons, or do you THINK the M is Shot????
ANY Ideas would be helpful.
Thanks
Believe In "Open Source"

#2 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

I don't think fast booting is gonna do anything since it's water damage. I'd let it dry out as much as it can and u might get lucky. Maybe someone else has some more input. Good luck :)

#3 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

you should have left in rice at least 24 hrs before you touched it,i think it's toast

#4 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

wrap it in a towel put it in the freezer for 30 min. checking it constantly for any frosting on the screen. if you find any pull it out leave it out put back in the rice for 24 hours.

this is a huge issue with these devices make sure its hard keys are facing down while in the bag of rice. so that way moisture can be pulled out using the lovely force of gravity. .

beyond this yes its shot.
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#5 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

the phone actually could of/should of survived if when pulled out of the water was left alone ... not touched until dry (meaning not trying to shut it off or anything... by pressing the keys openned cracks that allowed water to filter in)... usually 24 hours in rice should do the job...

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#6 chazall1

chazall1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
I will see how it goes over time? Thanks for the replies

Believe In "Open Source"

#7 drummer261982

drummer261982

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

any update?

#8 chazall1

chazall1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

Well Her M is out of commission! She took the phone to a local computer/phone shop and he indicated that the power and volume controls were bad? I knew that, and I did not have the ability to boot into phone recovery. I am going to mess with it my self, no pressure, and see if I can take it apart
Believe In "Open Source"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users