Photo

[Rom][CDMA/GSM][Jb .16] Rage Rom v3.3 *Update* (7/14/2013)

• Please log in to reply
2829 replies to this topic

#1881 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

rockdrala,

I have Rage on my xt912 for a number of revisions; always on slot 1…

Did you start w/a freshly recreated slot? did you do the 4 wipes to remove all trace of previous roms if any?

BDH has put out a very solid & stable rom & many others agree…

It is much more polite to ask if any have had the same experience as you before going off on how this great rom is - in your eyes only - allegedly crap.

Maybe you had a bad downloa d of the install zipfile…

You owe BDH & Team Rage an apology.
  • Sinju33, timpohladthomas, sparkymrh and 1 other like this
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#1882 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

CDMA Version of Rage:

Importantant Notes....

I Installed this Rom via twrp (Safe Strap 3.11)  slot 1. One first boot nothing but a black screen. I ifgured its just taking a long time because of the first boot. Let it run over night. Killed my phone. 

If I didn't have the factory cable to revive my phone. I would be very angry. 

Rom Does not work on Razr Maxx

Stock is XT 912 98.72.16.Verizon.en.US

The only difference from my phone and others is the NVRAM is edited to run off Cricket. This should not affect the ROM;.

LOL you flash my ROM and screw something up, then blame it on my ROM.

This ROM in total has over 15,000 downloads.

• usmcamgrimm, Sinju33, sparkymrh and 1 other like this

#1883 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

CDMA Version of Rage:

Importantant Notes....

I Installed this Rom via twrp (Safe Strap 3.11)  slot 1. One first boot nothing but a black screen. I ifgured its just taking a long time because of the first boot. Let it run over night. Killed my phone. 

The only difference from my phone and others is the NVRAM is edited to run off Cricket. This should not affect the ROM;.

Rom is crap/

I've been using this rom since v2.3. Never had a boot issue. Sorry if you killed your phone by not knowing if a rom doesn't boot in a few mins you have an issue. If you need help please ask.everyone in this thread will assist any way they can. Posting stuff like "rom is crap" won't solve anything.
  • zooyork0721, Sinju33, timpohladthomas and 1 other like this

#1884 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

@ hicks lmfao!!! Well played sir! Well played. :)
  • timpohladthomas and sparkymrh like this

#1885 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

CDMA Version of Rage:

Importantant Notes....

So how is this my fault? You apparently flashed my ROM incorrectly and got in a bootloop, then you leave your phone in the bootloop ALL NIGHT, causing your phone to die, and somehow my ROM is to blame for that? lol

• timpohladthomas and sparkymrh like this

#1886 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

Likes it says in pretty much every Op, your phone, your consequences. Flash at your own risk. It's no one's fault or phone but yours.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#1887 rockdrala

rockdrala

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Twitter:@summerstech
  • Google+:115846106170435876734
  • LocationNashville. TN
  • Current Device(s):motoxt912 maxx x 2 (Running JB ver 16), motoxt875 (Running ICS)

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

Anyway. After trying to install the rom TWICE an fresh partitions, I concur. It doesn't work on my maxx. Blacks out the screen on first boot. Thanks for addressing the issue vs finding a reason to joke?

#1888 rockdrala

rockdrala

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNashville. TN
  • Current Device(s):motoxt912 maxx x 2 (Running JB ver 16), motoxt875 (Running ICS)

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

+1

Yes Aviator Fired right up. So I have installed many other custom roms since gb. 

#1889 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

Anyway. After trying to install the rom TWICE an fresh partitions, I concur. It doesn't work on my maxx. Blacks out the screen on first boot. Thanks for addressing the issue vs finding a reason to joke?

Have you tried redownloading the rom? If it's a bad download it doesn't matter how much you flash, it won't work.

Edit: they wouldn't be joking if you hadn't been rude and called the rom crap. That's a great way to get ignored very quickly. BDH is an awesome dev and helps when he can, when its deserved.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
  • Memnoch73 and timpohladthomas like this

#1890 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

Ask for help vs posting bs "rom is crap"
Redownload? Slot1?
If you make an ignorant comment most people will mock you that's just the way it goes kiddo. :) PS I just +1ed soccer made a hilarious comment!! Lol

#1891 SoccerRef12

SoccerRef12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Twitter:@SoccerRef12
  • LocationLampasas, TX
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

Have you tried redownloading the rom? If it's a bad download it doesn't matter how much you flash, it won't work.

Edit: they wouldn't be joking if you hadn't been rude and called the rom crap. That's a great way to get ignored very quickly. BDH is an awesome dev and helps when he can, when its deserved.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

+1 It really sounds like a bad download. You really should give it another try. 14, 999 good installs vs your experience. You're doing something wrong, dude.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx using TapaTalk 2

"If you truly learned from your mistakes, I would be a genius by now!"

#1892 rockdrala

rockdrala

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNashville. TN

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

I didn't come here to criticize the developer. I came here to criticize the result of trying to install this rom twice on my maxx. one download drom from my workhorse and downloaded from my flashing station. 

So is we speak professionally, perhaps there something about the build.prop or build.sh that affects the razr and razr maxx differently? oe maybe even the default?

#1893 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

I didn't come here to criticize the developer. I came here to criticize the result of trying to install this rom twice on my maxx. one download drom from my workhorse and downloaded from my flashing station. 

So is we speak professionally, perhaps there something about the build.prop or build.sh that affects the razr and razr maxx differently? oe maybe even the default?

Your computer won't matter if the problem is server side. Did you check the MD5??

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#1894 SoccerRef12

SoccerRef12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Twitter:@SoccerRef12
  • LocationLampasas, TX
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

No problem on my RAZR Maxx. <br /><br />Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx using TapaTalk 2<br /><br />

"If you truly learned from your mistakes, I would be a genius by now!"

#1895 slvrbul

slvrbul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx / Motorola Xoom MZ602 4G

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

I have Rage, CM10 and Flying Jelly on my Razr MAXX and have only had one problem and it turned out to be a bad Download. BDH has put out great work so to criticize is the not the way to get help.

• jl90 likes this

Posted Image

#1896 Sinju33

Sinju33

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationGeorgia (US)
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

My MAXX has been on this ROM for 2 months with no problems.

#1897 gunner

gunner

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

I've been on Rage for a few weeks now and all I know to say is; just awesome. Super smooth with zero hiccups. I've tried quite a few roms over time and I'm not sure how it's gets better than this. Recently installed the simplified OC and with this set up I get so excited I almost wet my myself every time I use it. It's that good! Great work BDH/TeamRage and a whole bunch of kudos to all involved with the simplified OC. It kills! Will be upgrading (original Razr) in a month or so and without hesitation this will be my set up.

• Sinju33, sparkymrh and jl90 like this

#1898 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

@ gunner glad you like the oc!!! Thank you!
This rom and the people in this thread are great! I found it looking for a stable alternative to aokp liquid smooth and cm10 nightlies to use as a daily driver. What I found was:
A. Great rom(thanks Hicks/ team rage)
(Grimm awesome theme...slayer rules!!!)

B. Great community(this thread/site)

C. A really great dev who has been very very willing to help anyone he can!

I would like to just put this all in perspective if I could... if we step back and appreciate the hard work all the devs/ themers/modders etc. Put into making something we can enjoy use and share maybe a few bumps in the road, misunderstandings, and disagreements won't upset us so much!

(jl Steps off his soapbox)!! Kcco!
  • usmcamgrimm, Sinju33 and sparkymrh like this

#1899 andrex

andrex

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Moto Droid RAZR MAXX on VZW

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

CDMA Version of Rage:

Importantant Notes....

RAGE ROM 3.2 is running just fine on my Moto RAZR MAXX.  In fact, RAGE saved my bacon with Ver 1.2 when I screwed up the initial install of the JB leak.  (FYI:  Don't restore ICS system data to a JB install.)  It gave me back a functioning phone while I waited (a long time) for the fastboot files to be published.

Now I havw the latest VZW version in the stock slot, and RAGE 3.2 in Slot 1.

Sounds like you have other problems.

ALS

• Sinju33 and jl90 like this

#1900 aneeshmbabu

aneeshmbabu

passionate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Locationindia
  • Current Device(s):motorola droid razr maxx

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

I'm the fan of rage ROM from version 2.3 up to this 3.2 I'm using this for my daily ROM. I tried many ROMs before but found something special on this so this made my daily ROM...battery is superb...
actually I started the question of over clocking how to over clock ? but amazing rage team made a flashable zip for over clocking...this made a lot of help for over clocking without any difficulties as described in other ROM s...
great, appreciate bdh and team range....expecting great builds more from your team thanks

I am from india running droid RAZR xt912,in gsm carrier....
  • jl90 likes this

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users