Photo

[Rom][CDMA/GSM][Jb .16] Rage Rom v3.3 *Update* (7/14/2013)

• Please log in to reply
2829 replies to this topic

#1901 andrex

andrex

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Moto Droid RAZR MAXX on VZW

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

This is my first forray into customized overclocking, so please excuse my noobiness. B)

I can't seem to address the frequencies that have been noted in prior posts.  When following the instructions, I open "90module," and have the following freq table, which looks correct:

echo 0 300 1000 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
echo 1 600 1195 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
echo 2 825 1320 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
echo 3 1100 1370 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
echo 4 1350 1410 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu

However, NoFrills lists options for only 300, 600, 800, 1.0, and 1.2 GHz

I don't think I need to modify it, but when attempting to edit 90module, I receive the notification that "(I) only have read permision (sic) over this file."

I could edit it in RootExplorer, but assume there's a reason that Smanager was specifically called out?

Any insight/education will be appreciated.

Thanks.

ALS

#1902 sparkymrh

sparkymrh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Google+:sparkymrh@gmail.com
  • LocationSanta Clarita, CA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

I didn't come here to criticize the developer. I came here to criticize the result of trying to install this rom twice on my maxx. one download drom from my workhorse and downloaded from my flashing station. 

So is we speak professionally, perhaps there something about the build.prop or build.sh that affects the razr and razr maxx differently? oe maybe even the default?

I have a Maxx and have been with Rage since 2.2. The people here are only in it to give the best experience possible when flashing this ROM. I would say keep trying, this is the best for me since flashing. The community is here to help. Follow the OP directions to a T. It should be just fine, one step at a time

Sent from my Slaytanic Rager Maxx using Tapatalk
  • usmcamgrimm and jl90 like this

#1903 sparkymrh

sparkymrh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Google+:sparkymrh@gmail.com
  • LocationSanta Clarita, CA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

After rw, select brick
This is my first forray into customized overclocking, so please excuse my noobiness. B)

I can't seem to address the frequencies that have been noted in prior posts. When following the instructions, I open "90module," and have the following freq table, which looks correct:

echo 0 300 1000 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu

echo 1 600 1195 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu

echo 2 825 1320 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu

echo 3 1100 1370 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu

echo 4 1350 1410 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu

However, NoFrills lists options for only 300, 600, 800, 1.0, and 1.2 GHz

I don't think I need to modify it, but when attempting to edit 90module, I receive the notification that "(I) only have read permision (sic) over this file."

I could edit it in RootExplorer, but assume there's a reason that Smanager was specifically called out?

Any insight/education will be appreciated.

Thanks.

ALS

When you first open sman, hit menu and select advanced, then apply as rw. When done saving your new frequency save and run. In NoFrills make sure the apply at boot box is checked

• jl90 likes this

#1904 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

After rw, select brick

When you first open sman, hit menu and select advanced, then apply as rw. When done saving your new frequency save and run. In NoFrills make sure the apply at boot box is checked

Right on spark!!!

1 note on this click su and boot and save then run this is easiest work around!

when you reboot a script running in background notification will come up at lock screen that's normal and this is why smanager is called for in op! :)

#1905 larrygeary

larrygeary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

Since overclocking has come up, I have a dumb question. I thought init.d caused all the scripts in a certain directory to be run at boot time. (Correct?) Why then is script manager needed at all? Is it just a convenient editing tool, or is it running OC scripts separately from init.d ?

• jl90 likes this

#1906 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

@ Larry it is needed if for any reason you would like to modify frequencies after install. Also and I'm not yet sure as to why the frequencies don't load at boot you can use smanager to run em with su and boot. I am guessing most people won't ever have to touch smanager. 55 downloads and only 3 or 4 have had this issue.

#1907 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

You guys know you can add a shortcut on your homescreen using smanager that leads to your script right? All it takes when you boot up is press the widget and you're good to go.

• jl90 likes this

#1908 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

Thanks man!! :)

#1909 rockdrala

rockdrala

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Twitter:@summerstech
  • Google+:115846106170435876734
  • LocationNashville. TN
  • Current Device(s):motoxt912 maxx x 2 (Running JB ver 16), motoxt875 (Running ICS)

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

Due to the feedback,I will accept the possibility of two bad downloads and will re install via safe strap 3.11

Maybe I did get two bad downloads. If I did you will be receiving an official apology from a old school dev. (google rockdrala)

Its a shame you didn't you know who I was before you mocked me. My kung f00 is quite strong. 

#1910 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

Due to the feedback,I will accept the possibility of two bad downloads and will re install via safe strap 3.11

Maybe I did get two bad downloads. If I did you will be receiving an official apology from a old school dev. (google rockdrala)

Its a shame you didn't you know who I was before you mocked me. My kung f00 is quite strong. 

I'm an old school dev too lol. First ROM was Froyo based for the HTC Eris. As an old school dev you should know how disrespectful it is to call a devs work "crap." Instead of asking for help.

Sent from my Raged Out HD using Tapatalk (VIP)
  • Sinju33, aneeshmbabu and jl90 like this

#1911 aneeshmbabu

aneeshmbabu

passionate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Locationindia
  • Current Device(s):motorola droid razr maxx

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

rage team tell one thing is there is any use of pimp my ROM on play store ...it having many tweaks including battery....is that application going to add something more in this?

#1912 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

rage team tell one thing is there is any use of pimp my ROM on play store ...it having many tweaks including battery....is that application going to add something more in this?

Are you wanting me to add Pimp My ROM into this ROM?

If so I can definitely look into it. I'll talk to the developer of the app and see what he says.

#1913 aneeshmbabu

aneeshmbabu

passionate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Locationindia

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

Are you wanting me to add Pimp My ROM into this ROM?

If so I can definitely look into it. I'll talk to the developer of the app and see what he says.

no I am not telling to add pimp my ROM on this...iam just asking is there any usage of tweaks in pimp my ROM...because u already using many tweaks ....so any usage with pimp my ROM?

#1914 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:22 PM

no I am not telling to add pimp my ROM on this...iam just asking is there any usage of tweaks in pimp my ROM...because u already using many tweaks ....so any usage with pimp my ROM?

Oh ok lol, yes there's definitely some good stuff in Pimp My ROM that can still be used with this ROM. Be careful what options you choose though, and remember you can't choose any tweaks that will mess with the kernel.

• jl90 likes this

#1915 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:03 AM

Hey man regardless of who you are/claim to be it is very rude to post what you did. So with that said I would like to extend an olive branch of sorts... I have a working rage3.2 .zip if you would like I will host it for a little while and you can DL it and see what happens. I am not gonna say sorry for any responses in this thread but maybe we can resolve your issue :) any problem can be worked out if all parties are willing to try. Let me know. Oh its kung-fu not kung foo lol jk :)
  • Sinju33 likes this

#1916 aneeshmbabu

aneeshmbabu

passionate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Locationindia

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:30 AM

team rage min frequency in no frills showing 300mhz and max is 1.35Ghz ...is there is any possibility to make minimum value into 100mhz...is this make any problem..

#1917 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

That's way low ! the kernel modules were originally written for ICS and recompiled by east2west to work with jb. I have had some issues with lowering freq below 300 that's why default is 300. if u read the op there are directions on how to change freq. If you are uncertain about it leave it. I used stock min values on purpose. :) 250mhz is as low as I would go!

#1918 rockdrala

rockdrala

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNashville. TN
  • Current Device(s):motoxt912 maxx x 2 (Running JB ver 16), motoxt875 (Running ICS)

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

jl90 I've taken this to private messages. Could you please respond at your earliest convenience. 

#1919 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

jl90 I've taken this to private messages. Could you please respond at your earliest convenience.

I sent ya link to working rage :)

#1920 rockdrala

rockdrala

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNashville. TN

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

Hats off to the bull. The download provided worked jl90 worked cdma version. Maybe I did get two bad downloads from the op. I recommened it be replaced by jl90's version. 

Uncheck md5 and signature when installing to slot 1. 

Apologies and thanks to the team rage crew.

• usmcamgrimm, sparkymrh and jl90 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users