374 replies to this topic

#41 moksha51

moksha51

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:28 AM

This ROM is definitely the best one out there. It's extremely stable. Thank you! 

One thing which is not working is the gesture typing . I can see the gesture but i don't see the word on the screen.  And is it possible to have maximized widgets always on the lockscreen.  (maybe it's already an option)

#42 floatingfaceup

floatingfaceup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

Some observations after a bit of use:

1. The RAZR has fixed buttons. The buttons light only for a few seconds when actions are being performed, then go dark. This makes it difficult to find them. Please leave the buttons lit, or lit longer, or give us a setting to control it.

2. Kudos for the charging LED. Suggest it go green when fully charged, rather than going off.

3. There is a long time between the end of the Safestrap screen and the start of the boot animation where the screen is blank. Could you start the animation earlier?

4. I get -101dB and 3 signal bars for 4G LTE on the stock ROM. On yours, I get -98dB, but it doesn't say which signal. The display shows 2 bars. I don't know which is more accurate.

5. I seem to be getting slower speeds over LTE using your ROM vs. stock. I'm not certain, and the difference is small.

6. It takes a fairly long time for data to come up compared to the stock ROM.

Thank you for the observations.

All of what you are observing is related to the Kexec kernel. The stock kernel boots then gets dumped and kexec boots and takes over. That causes most of the start up delays. I plan on taking a look at the LED and buttons this weekend, I think both changes would be improvements.

I was very happy to find the soft keys were available so no problems here with buttons :thumbsup

I don't see the charging LED though

#43 Sh0rty 140

Sh0rty 140

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Twitter:@Sh0rtyy_140
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:05 AM

Anyone else having wifi issues?

I went back into safestrap and ran "fix permissions" and when the phone booted back up wifi was working.

"My chick bad, my chick hood.... my chick do stuff that ya chick wish she could!!!!"

#44 Sh0rty 140

Sh0rty 140

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Twitter:@Sh0rtyy_140
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:09 AM

Anyone having issues with wifi tethering working?

"My chick bad, my chick hood.... my chick do stuff that ya chick wish she could!!!!"

#45 larrygeary

larrygeary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

BTW, I can't get to my Google Tasks using my preferred calendar. I think there is a Tasks Storage service that needs to be running in order to reach Google tasks. Somehow that got left out of the gapps package, and I couldn't find it in the Play Store.

#46 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR; Nexus 10

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

BTW, I can't get to my Google Tasks using my preferred calendar. I think there is a Tasks Storage service that needs to be running in order to reach Google tasks. Somehow that got left out of the gapps package, and I couldn't find it in the Play Store.

I use gtasks and it works fine. Which app are you using?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

#47 larrygeary

larrygeary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

Jorte calendar.

#48 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

Anyone else having frequent moments of extreme lag?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
Posted Image

#49 floatingfaceup

floatingfaceup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

Everything is butter smoove here, but he did say he'd be addressing a memory leak issue

#50 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

Jorte calendar.

It works. Open tasks and settings. Tell it to sync with Google account, then back in tasks hit menu and sync.

Pulled over all my tasks.

#51 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

New Build just finished uploading with fixes and updates.

Anyone having issues with wifi tethering working?

Nope. Wifi and USB tether both work great using the built in functions. (setting/more/tethering and mobile hotspot)

I hoping the memory leak fixes help get rid of that.

#52 zenrubble

zenrubble

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

This ROM works great. No problems with WiFi tethering as some have mentioned. The one issue I have seen is it doesn't seem to recognize my car dock or my desk dock. Any suggestions?

#53 larrygeary

larrygeary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

Just flash the new version over the old one, or what?

#54 MyStro023

MyStro023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:mystropro

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

I've always thought its better to err on a clean slate.

#55 showkhunbi

showkhunbi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationlagos,Nigeria
  • Current Device(s):motorola droid razr xt912

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

I dont have data connection after flashing this rom...pls help me out

#56 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

I just wipe davlik and cache going to the new version. But if you have issues do a full wipe before reporting them.

#57 floatingfaceup

floatingfaceup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

I just flashed new one without wiping anything. Wiped cache and dalvik afterwards. Everything seems good. Memory looks better

#58 floatingfaceup

floatingfaceup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

Ok I'm confused now. It started freezing up so I went into recovery, wiped all cache and the system 3 times! Installed the rom and gapps again, and on boot, all apps and settings are still there?.. I know this sounds like a newbie question, but I don't think there is anything else to wipe.

Any suggestions? It seems to have gotten rid of the slow performance for now though

#59 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

Ok I'm confused now. It started freezing up so I went into recovery, wiped all cache and the system 3 times! Installed the rom and gapps again, and on boot, all apps and settings are still there?.. I know this sounds like a newbie question, but I don't think there is anything else to wipe.

Any suggestions? It seems to have gotten rid of the slow performance for now though

You have to use the reset to factory option to wipe data. That will wipe apps and all.

Or you can delete and recreate the ROM slot.

#60 wabmorgan

wabmorgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

Some observations after a bit of use:

1. The RAZR has fixed buttons. The buttons light only for a few seconds when actions are being performed, then go dark. This makes it difficult to find them. Please leave the buttons lit, or lit longer, or give us a setting to control it.

2. Kudos for the charging LED. Suggest it go green when fully charged, rather than going off.

3. There is a long time between the end of the Safestrap screen and the start of the boot animation where the screen is blank. Could you start the animation earlier?

4. I get -101dB and 3 signal bars for 4G LTE on the stock ROM. On yours, I get -98dB, but it doesn't say which signal. The display shows 2 bars. I don't know which is more accurate.

5. I seem to be getting slower speeds over LTE using your ROM vs. stock. I'm not certain, and the difference is small.

6. It takes a fairly long time for data to come up compared to the stock ROM.

Thank you for the observations.

All of what you are observing is related to the Kexec kernel. The stock kernel boots then gets dumped and kexec boots and takes over. That causes most of the start up delays. I plan on taking a look at the LED and buttons this weekend, I think both changes would be improvements.

I have seen similar problems on the CM 10 rom. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users