Anyone have a link to the gapps? Link isn't working

#63 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR; Nexus 10

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

I have seen similar problems on the CM 10 rom. 

Makes sense. They are using the same kernel.

#64 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

Any screenshots?

Sure.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#65 floatingfaceup

floatingfaceup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

Ok I'm confused now. It started freezing up so I went into recovery, wiped all cache and the system 3 times! Installed the rom and gapps again, and on boot, all apps and settings are still there?.. I know this sounds like a newbie question, but I don't think there is anything else to wipe.

Any suggestions? It seems to have gotten rid of the slow performance for now though

You have to use the reset to factory option to wipe data. That will wipe apps and all.

Or you can delete and recreate the ROM slot.

D'OH! thanks for the quick response. I've been out of the crack flasher scene for a while

#66 andrep182

andrep182

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:31 PM

Thanks for the ROM! it's smooth but I seem to have problem with mms. Anyone else in the same shoes?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#67 lthelwpn

lthelwpn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

Thanks for the ROM! it's smooth but I seem to have problem with mms. Anyone else in the same shoes?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

+1

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

#68 Yandroid

Yandroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:21 AM

will do! haven't had a chance to really move around with it, but ill let you know tomorrow

So i drove around and tested my data connection. it really is noticeably worse than stock :( i was losing data while streaming spotify fairly consistently. on the same route i never once got less that three bars in stock. i could go into more detail about actual signal strength but i think the proof is in the user experience anyway. any suggestions?

#69 Jessel0001

Jessel0001

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:33 AM

We need GSM patch for XT912 CDMA ?

I have CDMA but I use GSM system in Europe !

how does this work with XT912 in Europe? I am in the same situation. 

#70 larrydp

larrydp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:34 AM

This ROM works great. No problems with WiFi tethering as some have mentioned. The one issue I have seen is it doesn't seem to recognize my car dock or my desk dock. Any suggestions?

It seems like that is an issue with all non-stock based roms I've tried.  I've dropped the different dock files into system/app and changed permissions but there's something configuration based missing.  

Has anyone run into issues flashing the new kernels with this rom too?  I tried the overclock and bse versions and sound stopped working afterwards.  

#71 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

This ROM works great. No problems with WiFi tethering as some have mentioned. The one issue I have seen is it doesn't seem to recognize my car dock or my desk dock. Any suggestions?

It seems like that is an issue with all non-stock based roms I've tried.  I've dropped the different dock files into system/app and changed permissions but there's something configuration based missing.  

Has anyone run into issues flashing the new kernels with this rom too?  I tried the overclock and bse versions and sound stopped working afterwards.  

The dock issue has to do with the kexec kernels and has to resolved at that level. Haven't tried the custom kernels yet on this build.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#72 jpmoo

jpmoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

Very smooth and fast, replacing Liquid Smooth as my daily driver. Nice work!

#73 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

It seems like that is an issue with all non-stock based roms I've tried. I've dropped the different dock files into system/app and changed permissions but there's something configuration based missing.

Has anyone run into issues flashing the new kernels with this rom too? I tried the overclock and bse versions and sound stopped working afterwards.

The dock issue has to do with the kexec kernels and has to resolved at that level. Haven't tried the custom kernels yet on this build.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

You are all correct. I believe that once the hdmi is working the dock sensing will work as well. I've seem tweets from Hashcode saying that they are working on it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

#74 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

I am loving this rom but my battery goes nuts sometimes. Last night it went from 67 to 41% in around 2 seconds. How about some battery reports from people? Is kexec supposed to be better than stock kernel? Thank you for your hard work.

• chrisroug likes this
Posted Image

#75 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

will do! haven't had a chance to really move around with it, but ill let you know tomorrow

So i drove around and tested my data connection. it really is noticeably worse than stock :( i was losing data while streaming spotify fairly consistently. on the same route i never once got less that three bars in stock. i could go into more detail about actual signal strength but i think the proof is in the user experience anyway. any suggestions?

I haven't really worked with the radios yet. I'll take a look at it and see if I can make any updates.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
  • Yandroid and fatdaddysnacks like this

#76 snort

snort

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

So far so good, The only issue I've had is one time right after the install finished and my apps had just finished installing, I hit the Home button and the phone did what seemed like a soft reboot (because I didn't even see the Safestrap Recovery menu, just the giant X for a few seconds and then the home screen again).

#77 Temper818

Temper818

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationLancaster
  • Current Device(s):Droid razr xt912

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

Did you try opening terminal emulator doing su then wifical.sh?  That worked for me

this really help me thank you so much

#78 sativaman

sativaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

I'm loving this ROM so far. The only thing I'm missing is the CM weather on the home screen which I've replaces with AccuWeather. Any chance of getting weather on the lock screen? How do you add widgets to the lock screen?<br /><br />Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#79 exalted911

exalted911

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

Can you please fix the gap links. Can't download them.

#80 larrydp

larrydp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

this really help me thank you so much

Glad to help, but I can't take the credit it was posted on another ROM's discussion.  It's been my saving grace with just about any kexec rom!  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users