Photo

[Recovery]TWRP 2.8.5.0 (03-14-15)

recovery twrp KK bootloader 2.8.0.0 2.7.1.0 xt926 JB Bootloader 2.8.1.0 2.8.3.0 2.8.5.0

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#121 ntphat

ntphat

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:@ntphat412
  • LocationVietnam
  • Current Device(s):Atrix HD

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:58 AM

Hello nobe1976.

I am using the device [Atrix HD MB886]

I am can use "moto_msm8960-TWRP2.8.0-JB-BL-ver2.zip" ?

Thanks

#122 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:44 AM

Hello nobe1976.
I am using the device [Atrix HD MB886]
I am can use "moto_msm8960-TWRP2.8.0-JB-BL-ver2.zip" ?
Thanks

You should be just fine using it. The only device that needs a special setup is the xt907 for resolution size reasons.

Sent from my VS980 4G

• ntphat likes this

new_animated_sig.gif

#123 ntphat

ntphat

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:@ntphat412
  • LocationVietnam
  • Current Device(s):Atrix HD

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:45 PM

My gut tells me that it will boot, but the touchscreen points will be off. This makes it unusable, and has been the problem from the beginning

Bad touch points

#124 Fastm8

Fastm8

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 07:52 PM

Congrats for such a great job!

Razr XT925 bought from 2nd hand here, unlocked BL, rooted, CWM 6.0.4.4 touch recovery and running CM11 nightly KK4.4.4.

Does this make any sense (attached SS)?!? A moto_msm8960 KK4.4.4 ROM and a 3.0.xx kernel? Such a noob question but should I stick to the kernel info...and to the logic...and install the 4.1.2 JBBL TWRP? ...the damn ROM build info (without the jbbl in its file name) makes me feel kinda lost here...on top of that, the update options CM updater shows as available to my phone, are all without the jbbl in its filenames as well!

If its the case that its really running on a JBBL...in your opinion, is it worth it to go through all the needed steps in order to get a KKBL?

Thanks a lot for your time and attention!

Cheers!

Attached Files

#125 stfighter

stfighter

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:47 AM

IMHO, yes it is. The KK-Kernel is quite a bit faster and stable. You are running the same "setup", as i did, although the Nightly CM Version is pretty old.

Easiest way is: Flash stock 4.1, update OTA, get TWRP 2.7.1 on it, and install KKBL Cyanogenmod Nightlys.

But i recently discovered, apparently you have to turn on GPS first at the stock rom, then flash Cyanogenmod...i've lost GPS :(

Congrats for such a great job!

Razr XT925 bought from 2nd hand here, unlocked BL, rooted, CWM 6.0.4.4 touch recovery and running CM11 nightly KK4.4.4.

Does this make any sense (attached SS)?!? A moto_msm8960 KK4.4.4 ROM and a 3.0.xx kernel? Such a noob question but should I stick to the kernel info...and to the logic...and install the 4.1.2 JBBL TWRP? ...the damn ROM build info (without the jbbl in its file name) makes me feel kinda lost here...on top of that, the update options CM updater shows as available to my phone, are all without the jbbl in its filenames as well!

If its the case that its really running on a JBBL...in your opinion, is it worth it to go through all the needed steps in order to get a KKBL?

Thanks a lot for your time and attention!

Cheers!

• Fastm8 likes this

#126 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:33 AM

Bump this Puppy to 2.8.1.0.....

OP Updated....

Let me know how it works out...

Black Screen issues should be all resolved.

• Bama, johnthehillbilly, watson387 and 1 other like this

new_animated_sig.gif

#127 Fastm8

Fastm8

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:36 AM

This is my last action using my current setup, I just finished everything needed to start the process of getting a KKBL. Tty guys in a while! I'll come back for my TWRP 2.8.1.0! :-)

#128 morrisr3nd

morrisr3nd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationMississippi
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razor Maxx HD

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:37 AM

So what's new with this update besides screen fix? 2.8 was working great once I turned off screen saver.

#129 Fastm8

Fastm8

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:38 AM

Just to be sure...I can install TWRP 2.8.1.0 on OTA KK unlocked bootloader but not rooted XT925?

#130 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:54 AM

So what's new with this update besides screen fix? 2.8 was working great once I turned off screen saver.

Read the change log through the link in the OP.... Lot of changes with the Program thanks to those Devs

Just to be sure...I can install TWRP 2.8.1.0 on OTA KK unlocked bootloader but not rooted XT925?

Your device must have the KK OTA and unlocked bootloader... Root only will just not do.

new_animated_sig.gif

#131 Fastm8

Fastm8

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:14 PM

Thanks for replying Nobe...a simple process (flashing to get official 4.1.2 and after that, to get OTA KK) became sort of a soft brick nightmare!

Everything went well in the flashing process, even the warning message about the unlocked bootloader shows up, RSD gave me the "Finished" and "PASS" messages but it stayed stuck on the M logo animation for 30 mins...as it happened once a long time ago with other device I had and everything went ok, I proceeded to unplug and reset it. It still stuck in the M logo animation forever...right after the "Unlocked bootloader" message.

When I try to get into recovery, the unlocked bootloafer message is shown again and right after it, the dead android!

I've tried different Official builds but Im having several faillures while attempting to flash them! ...all of them has been 4.1.2...should I try 4.0.4? Go figure!

#132 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:12 PM

Thanks for replying Nobe...a simple process (flashing to get official 4.1.2 and after that, to get OTA KK) became sort of a soft brick nightmare!

Everything went well in the flashing process, even the warning message about the unlocked bootloader shows up, RSD gave me the "Finished" and "PASS" messages but it stayed stuck on the M logo animation for 30 mins...as it happened once a long time ago with other device I had and everything went ok, I proceeded to unplug and reset it. It still stuck in the M logo animation forever...right after the "Unlocked bootloader" message.

When I try to get into recovery, the unlocked bootloafer message is shown again and right after it, the dead android!

I've tried different Official builds but Im having several faillures while attempting to flash them! ...all of them has been 4.1.2...should I try 4.0.4? Go figure!

I dont know the processes for the xt925 to get the Official 4.4.2 update. The easiest path for unlocked bootloaders that I know of is the HOM. Never was a great RSD fan.

Sent from my VS980 4G

new_animated_sig.gif

#133 ncsuwolfs

ncsuwolfs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD (unlocked)

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:14 PM

k i just updated my recovery to 2.8.1.0, i read i needed to resore default settings before doing so. i always do a full back up before doing anything(learnt that the hard way) and by the time it finished backing up  i completely forgot to restore default settings.... i havent noticed anything crazy yet... anything i should expect?

• nobe1976 likes this

#134 killrhythm09

killrhythm09

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR HD MAXX

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:14 PM

Flashed the latest 2.8.1.0 and it works fine on my xt926.
  • nobe1976 likes this

#135 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:22 PM

k i just updated my recovery to 2.8.1.0, i read i needed to resore default settings before doing so. i always do a full back up before doing anything(learnt that the hard way) and by the time it finished backing up i completely forgot to restore default settings.... i havent noticed anything crazy yet... anything i should expect?

Clearing out the default settings before flashing is just to insure that the older settings dont interfere with new setting. With TWRP you should be fine on this update.

Flashed the latest 2.8.1.0 and it works fine on my xt926.

:D

Sent from my VS980 4G

• ncsuwolfs likes this

new_animated_sig.gif

#136 Fastm8

Fastm8

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:50 PM

I dont know the processes for the xt925 to get the Official 4.4.2 update. The easiest path for unlocked bootloaders that I know of is the HOM. Never was a great RSD fan.

Sent from my VS980 4G

Thanks mate...after several hours of battle, flashing and reflashing, wiping and re-wiping, it came back to life. Started 4.1.2 smoothly and now Im downloading the OTA KK. After that Im going to install your amazing job!

Please let me know if you think Id need anything else before doing it. At this moment Ill be running on an OTA KK with unlocked bootloader, un rooted and stock recovery!

#137 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:53 PM

Thanks mate...after several hours of battle, flashing and reflashing, wiping and re-wiping, it came back to life. Started 4.1.2 smoothly and now Im downloading the OTA KK. After that Im going to install your amazing job!

Please let me know if you think Id need anything else before doing it. At this moment Ill be running on an OTA KK with unlocked bootloader, un rooted and stock recovery!

Just fastboot the recovery img, unplug from PC. Press power button to exit fastboot mode and boot into bootloader then recovery. $Profit$

Sent from my VS980 4G

new_animated_sig.gif

#138 Fastm8

Fastm8

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:16 PM

Just fastboot the recovery img, unplug from PC. Press power button to exit fastboot mode and boot into bootloader then recovery. $Profit$

Sent from my VS980 4G

Thanks mate...I'll for sure...right after I can manage to finish the OTA KK installation! It downloaded well but always fail to install!

#139 PacMan13x

PacMan13x

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:03 AM

Guys I have a huge problem! I have no OS installed and when flashing TWRP the touch screen doesn't work. How can I flash an older version of TWRP if I can't boot the phone due to not having an OS?! Please help!

Edit:

I got it to work!! :D I used the steps shown here 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#140 Fastm8

Fastm8

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:26 PM

Thanks Nobe...it has been such a battle but I'm finally KKBL!

Your latest version was flashed like a breeze and from there it was just PROFIT!

...is it me being a noob or there is a way to take a screen shot while in TWRP mode?!?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recovery, twrp, KK bootloader, 2.8.0.0, 2.7.1.0, xt926, JB Bootloader, 2.8.1.0, 2.8.3.0, 2.8.5.0

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users