Photo

RAZR XT912 ID is Nexus 7 on PC and no stock recovery

RAZR xt912 bricked recovery bootloop

Best Answer spainter , 19 October 2015 - 07:29 AM

You are going to have to reload the motorola drivers, Google search xt912 motorola usb drivers and find them for the platform (windows 32 bit or windows 64 bit) mac or what ever your running and re install them.  You will most likely have to reload the drivers for the nexus 7 when you hook that up again. Next you are more than likely going to have to flash the correct factory firmware to your phone.  Being locked you can only flash the current version of the firmware or newer. If I remember right the 912 can not be bootloader unlocked. A search for xt912 factory firmware should help if you don't find what you need here:http://motofirmware....search/?q=xt912

I would use House of Moto to flash the factory image file.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Manetek

Manetek

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationKansas, USA
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr xt-912, Nexus 7

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:13 PM

Hey Peeps,

I have a Motorola Droid Razr xt912. I think I may have bricked it but unsure. I can get to the bootloader, I can charge it like normal, and I even tried a factory data reset from the Android Recovery Screen with the little dead droid. Ive tried installing backup from SD cards but they run for a few seconds then it aborts. When I hook up to PC a few times it said for device ID that it was a Nexus 7. I do have a Nex 7 but it was not hooked up but that has seemed to stop. Now when Im in Phone via PC the only files that exist are the files for motocast installer, config, etc. There is a custom boot animation from jrummy, which I think might have a lot to do with the problem. When Im in AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)

Device is LOCKED,  Status Code: 0

Battery is OK

OK to Program

Connect USB

Data Cable

I haven't tried RSD or any other programs to fix this because of the unusual ID error, and the fact I did factory reset that seemed to do nothing. I didn't want to do something wrong if this is fixable. Any input would be awesome Thanks

#2 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:29 AM   Best Answer

You are going to have to reload the motorola drivers, Google search xt912 motorola usb drivers and find them for the platform (windows 32 bit or windows 64 bit) mac or what ever your running and re install them.  You will most likely have to reload the drivers for the nexus 7 when you hook that up again. Next you are more than likely going to have to flash the correct factory firmware to your phone.  Being locked you can only flash the current version of the firmware or newer. If I remember right the 912 can not be bootloader unlocked. A search for xt912 factory firmware should help if you don't find what you need here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I would use House of Moto to flash the factory image file.

• rickw likes this

#3 Manetek

Manetek

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationKansas, USA

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:54 AM

Thank you. I appreciate the help. One more question if ya got time, any thoughts as to why the factory reset/data wipe did not work?

#4 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:02 AM

Thank you. I appreciate the help. One more question if ya got time, any thoughts as to why the factory reset/data wipe did not work?

That information is most likely stored in the system partition. Factory reset mainly gets rid of information stored in the data and userdata areas. Also being it was showing it on the pc and we don't know what the OS system information was showing it could have been coming from confused drivers

• rickw likes this

#5 Manetek

Manetek

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationKansas, USA

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:47 AM

Thanks again. You've been a huge help. I'll let you know if I have some luck

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RAZR, xt912, bricked, recovery, bootloop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users