p0etikill

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr XT912

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

I tried out the Razr M launcher and is seems that it has a couple of very minor issues.
1. When tapping the home key when on screen 1 it lags when going going to the screen addition page.
2. When swiping to the left it stutters slightly when accessing quick controls.
I know that this was not developed for the Razr or Razr Maxx but I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and if so were you able to fix it?

#42 mattp427

mattp427

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

This is the best stock RAZR thats ever been created, and I'm loving it. I might have effed up my root access but its still good. But how are y'all getting these circle widgets? Haha
  • studiorat likes this

#43 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

I tried out the Razr M launcher and is seems that it has a couple of very minor issues.
1. When tapping the home key when on screen 1 it lags when going going to the screen addition page.
2. When swiping to the left it stutters slightly when accessing quick controls.
I know that this was not developed for the Razr or Razr Maxx but I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and if so were you able to fix it?

Well, I've tried this launcher on multiple roms and it's been the same on all of them. Laggy between most all home screen transitions. It's really a nice interface but the lag was too much for me. The circle widgets are the cat's meow but that lag is enough to make me stick with either Apex or Nova. I know it's not that big of a deal but it's enough of one for me. Have no idea if the lag can be eliminated. I doubt it.
  • p0etikill likes this

#44 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

Hello again everyone!

With the JB file being leaked, there are a lot of questions flying around on the forums and chat room so I'd like to build an article addressing many of the frequently asked questions!

What happened and why did I not get the OTA?

This question is fairly simple, someone turned the OTA on when they shouldn't have. Motorola caught the error and was able to terminate the OTA update in flight. This is why many of you may have had "Download failed". I have a RAZR MAXX Limited Edition and was able to successfully pull the entire OTA down before they cut it off. My wife's MAXX, however, cut off about halfway through. That should give you an idea of just how quickly they killed the transfers.

Is this the official version?

Yes and no. Yes, in that all sources that I've spoken with have said that this will, more than likely, be the final build that will be pushed OTA [NOT FULLY CONFIRMED YET]. No, in that the OTA push was accidental. Meaning someone pushed the "go, baby, go!" button a little prematurely. Also, according to Tier 2 tech support if your phone received the update in its entirety then consider it a "Christmas present from Motorola".

If I want to update, what should I expect?

Well, you should expect a fully functional JB update that has many improvements, mostly in speed and performance. I've noticed a very significant decrease in boot time and much more fluid swiping.

One thing that's very important to understand is that if you don't follow the instructions to the letter on mattlgroff's thread, you will lose root.

UPDATED: SS3.05 does in fact work on JB.

Are there any known issues or programs that no longer work?

Yes, FoxFi will not work, period. When you try to activate the hotspot, it will simply reboot the OS after it performs "Checking subscription status". For the time being, you can use the built in "VZW Mobile Hotspot".

NOTE: The VZW Hotspot WILL work with unlimited data using the SQLite hack!

What are the prerequisites?

This is VERY IMPORTANT!! You MUST be on system version .211. There is NO WAY around this. If you are on .215, you will need to fastboot back to stock .211.

What else should I know?

There is NO GOING BACK TO ICS at this time. This is for the same reason that we couldn't go back to GB from ICS, the bootloader version and signature changed so if you try, you will probably get a flash failure.

There are NO FASTBOOT FILES FOR JB......yet. Simply put, once you're on JB there a very small safety net so modding may cause issues. Until we get the FB files, there's no "Wiping and trying again".

If you have ANY additional questions, post them in the comments section. I'll add a placeholder to answer any questions you all may have!

Have to ask but what makes think anyone think this will be final when it's still on an ics kernal

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#45 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

This is the best stock RAZR thats ever been created, and I'm loving it. I might have effed up my root access but its still good. But how are y'all getting these circle widgets? Haha

Post 34. You can search for the zip file and find it on Google pretty quick. :D
Posted Image

#46 p0etikill

p0etikill

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Well, I've tried this launcher on multiple roms and it's been the same on all of them. Laggy between most all home screen transitions. It's really a nice interface but the lag was too much for me. The circle widgets are the cat's meow but that lag is enough to make me stick with either Apex or Nova. I know it's not that big of a deal but it's enough of one for me. Have no idea if the lag can be eliminated. I doubt it.

Yeah I am pretty picky when it comes to interface hickups which is why I wont use bugged out Roms either.

#47 papabliss2007

papabliss2007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

I have 2 issues so far:

1. when checking voicemail it plays over speaker even though I didn't select and it's not highlighted. Can not get it out of that mode.
2. I have no ringtones on incoming calls. Having to rely on vibrate.

Update: Seems to be issue with .ogg files not playing. Even with a player that supports .ogg I get no sound. Tried copying a .ogg from my computer that I know plays it will not play on my Droid Razr Maxx.

#48 hbar98

hbar98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSouthern Illinois

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

Does installing the home.apk replace my launcher (is it the launcher?)? I'm a bit fuzzy on this point. I'd like to have quick settings, but I like some of the flexibility of other launchers (currently using Apex). I'm currently using Notification Toggles, but sometimes that feels a bit kludgy.

[edit]

Couple of issues I've had.. 1) Using the car charger that came with my Moto car dock, the phone gets hot and doesn't charge. I've installed SS and have cleared the cache and Dalvik. Will see if that fixes it. 2) The boot anim sound is LOUD! Need to figure out how to stop that.

Was on TSC CNA build. This seems a bit faster/more fluid. Can't wait to see what devs can do with an apparently JB compatible bootloader!

#49 hbar98

hbar98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSouthern Illinois

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

I have 2 issues so far:

1. when checking voicemail it plays over speaker even though I didn't select and it's not highlighted. Can not get it out of that mode.

Update: Seems to be issue with .ogg files not playing. Even with a player that supports .ogg I get no sound. Tried copying a .ogg from my computer that I know plays it will not play on my Droid Razr Maxx.

RE: Using .ogg files as ringtones / notifications.

Where are you putting the files that you want to use as the notification sound? You can't drop them in a media folder anymore like we used to... you have to use an app like ES File Exploer. Find the sound that you want to move, copy it. Navigate to /system/media/audio then select the appropriate folder... notification for text messages, ringtones for... well... ringtones. Mount r/w, paste in the .ogg file, mount r/o, exit the app, restart the phone, and all should be well with the world.

#50 djholograf

djholograf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR XT912

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

One thing I'm not too fond of when using the RAZR M launcher...is the lack of customization in the apps drawer. I mean, I like the idea of favorites, but what about categories?

#51 p0etikill

p0etikill

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

I wonder if we will get the official OTA when it is released since we are not on the official build as of now.

#52 RNC

RNC

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

I have 2 issues so far:

I had a similar problem, all calls were using the speaker. I just reinstalled the JB update and that seems to have fixed my problem.

#53 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

I wonder if we will get the official OTA when it is released since we are not on the official build as of now.

Technically since Moto sent this out OTA, even if by "accident", they have to support it. If they put out another build then they would have to patch everyone that got the mistake.

Sent from Razr Maxx running Full Throttle Killer Bean
  • studiorat likes this

#54 mr4r4n

mr4r4n

OSE-DEV

• Developer
  • 210 posts
  • Twitter:Cobra_CMDR_47
  • LocationNYS

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

wouldnt a backup through SS305 be the only form of insurance we have? was one of the first things i did as a just in case

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#55 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC
  • Current Device(s):Smasung Galaxy Note 2, ASUS TF700T

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

wouldnt a backup through SS305 be the only form of insurance we have? was one of the first things i did as a just in case

Yes, Although Hashcode released SS3.06 now so that would be the way to go :) We're currently working on building a stock, deodexed ROM so we can leave the stock side alone and only run in a ROM slot.

Developing.....

Posted Image

#56 perfoliate

perfoliate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

SS306 is out for us. Go grab it!

#57 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC
  • Current Device(s):Smasung Galaxy Note 2, ASUS TF700T

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

Have to ask but what makes think anyone think this will be final when it's still on an ics kernal

Who said that upping to JB would replace the kernel? It's a minor upgrade in the grand scheme of things. No reason to believe they'd do a full rebuild on the kernel for a relatively minor upgrade.

Also, the kernel is slightly different, just minor tweaks and tunes. Build date is newer so obviously it was rebuilt at some point.

Posted Image

#58 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):Jelly Wizzed JB Droid Maxx

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

Just so you know, the circles can be added in "One More Clock Widget Free" from the market.

Thanks for that,....I do know that !! However the widgets don't work on my Maxx since this god forsaken update....VZW is sending out a new device..after extensive tech support it is after all a problem with the update....(DUH) it took them 5 hours to figure that out....another clock widget
I have tried and its not the same....its actually a poor copy of it, IMHO.
  • DHA123 and wabmorgan like this
Offending The Masses since 1967.........FTW........Christianity is a Farse!!!

#59 mr4r4n

mr4r4n

OSE-DEV

• Developer
  • 210 posts
  • Twitter:Cobra_CMDR_47
  • LocationNYS

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

Yeah I am pretty picky when it comes to interface hickups which is why I wont use bugged out Roms either.

i aggree in my roms i had to remove the launchers and am making it an add on pack for other people because i dont want to see so much as 1 hiccup, that being said, the jb leak is butta smooth, anyone know what changes ss306 has?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#60 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):Jelly Wizzed JB Droid Maxx

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

Technically since Moto sent this out OTA, even if by "accident", they have to support it. If they put out another build then they would have to patch everyone that got the mistake.

Sent from Razr Maxx running Full Throttle Killer Bean

lets hope......
Offending The Masses since 1967.........FTW........Christianity is a Farse!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users