studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):Jelly Wizzed JB Droid Maxx

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

Wow dude. Could you be any more offensive and ungrateful in your post?

Work on getting your phone working the way it should (jb is a great update) instead of useless venting.

I am happy for you that your device is working perfect..........Really!! .......Un Grateful, Offensive and Useless Venting?.....My device was fine on ICS on hundreds of custom Roms minus a few lil battery issues and Glitches to be expected....I get the update all excited to see the new JB and Blammo!!!!! my device is worse than my Tbolt, I tried everything within my grasp to get this to work like a normal device, no avail.....Moto tier 3 Tech Support also suggested I get a new device, VZW finally caved yesterday and is sending one.... I have forgotten we are in a Society that suggests I should not be allowed my opinion and frustration! Especially when I am paying $300.00 monthly and have been down since DEC. 24. and no way to make calls to friends or family on the holidays or AAA in the event of an accident or breakdown, I am just supposed to shut up and take it?
Is that what you are suggesting? Well then I humbly apologize for my outlandish and otherwise biased and unsubstantiated claims....MY JB is the greatest update ever, everything is Rainbows and Unicorns.....NOT!!!! I am truly sorry if I offended anyone ... However I think I am entitled to my opinion in whatever way I see fit or deem Necessary to proclaim my Frustration,
Offending The Masses since 1967.........FTW........Christianity is a Farse!!!

#63 perfoliate

perfoliate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

i aggree in my roms i had to remove the launchers and am making it an add on pack for other people because i dont want to see so much as 1 hiccup, that being said, the jb leak is butta smooth, anyone know what changes ss306 has?

306 has fixes for us on the leak

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#64 mr4r4n

mr4r4n

OSE-DEV

• Developer
  • 210 posts
  • Twitter:Cobra_CMDR_47
  • LocationNYS

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:42 AM

redoing my backup w/ it now so the leak is safe if i accidently mess anything up :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#65 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:43 AM

Debbie downer from your very first post. That makes me sad :(

I did not intend on being a downer dude.... I was elated when I got my update notification after reading that the updates were on the way....But the update has been very frustrating to say the least, I had to use my wifes spare iPhone for the past 3 days, out of pure necessity.....JB update did not sit well with my Maxx, No Data, Signal, battery lasting 6-7 hours and it gets extremely hot when on.....Others here seem to think its something I did....

#66 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

One more clock may sort of look like the Moto circle widget... but sort of .... is about it.

The REAL Widget can be added by installing the Razr M home and circle widget files.

where do I get such a file? for future use....

#67 perfoliate

perfoliate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

redoing my backup w/ it now so the leak is safe if i accidently mess anything up

I was thinking of restoring the stock backup to one of the rom slots and then messing with it there

#68 mr4r4n

mr4r4n

OSE-DEV

• Developer
  • 210 posts
  • LocationNYS

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

i didnt even think of tat, then again i didnt pour any coffee yet, i just shoveled snow, coffee and to the drawing board!

#69 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:10 AM

I am happy for you that your device is working perfect..........Really!! .......Un Grateful, Offensive and Useless Venting?.....My device was fine on ICS on hundreds of custom Roms minus a few lil battery issues and Glitches to be expected....I get the update all excited to see the new JB and Blammo!!!!! my device is worse than my Tbolt, I tried everything within my grasp to get this to work like a normal device, no avail.....Moto tier 3 Tech Support also suggested I get a new device, VZW finally caved yesterday and is sending one.... I have forgotten we are in a Society that suggests I should not be allowed my opinion and frustration! Especially when I am paying $300.00 monthly and have been down since DEC. 24. and no way to make calls to friends or family on the holidays or AAA in the event of an accident or breakdown, I am just supposed to shut up and take it?
Is that what you are suggesting? Well then I humbly apologize for my outlandish and otherwise biased and unsubstantiated claims....MY JB is the greatest update ever, everything is Rainbows and Unicorns.....NOT!!!! I am truly sorry if I offended anyone ... However I think I am entitled to my opinion in whatever way I see fit or deem Necessary to proclaim my Frustration,

More useless venting.
  • portscan and Cirrus like this

#70 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC
  • Current Device(s):Smasung Galaxy Note 2, ASUS TF700T

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:13 AM

Both of you, cut it out. This is a family, it's all good. This is your warning...
  • Cirrus likes this

Posted Image

#71 jimd1050

jimd1050

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

Wow dude. Could you be any more offensive and ungrateful in your post?

Work on getting your phone working the way it should (jb is a great update) instead of useless venting.

Ditto!
  • portscan and Cirrus like this
Regards, Jim D

#72 ksenter

ksenter

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

I did not intend on being a downer dude.... I was elated when I got my update notification after reading that the updates were on the way....But the update has been very frustrating to say the least, I had to use my wifes spare iPhone for the past 3 days, out of pure necessity.....JB update did not sit well with my Maxx, No Data, Signal, battery lasting 6-7 hours and it gets extremely hot when on.....Others here seem to think its something I did....

Out of curiosity, did you try reflashing with a downloaded copy? I might be way off here, but it seems like sometimes flashing a second time fixes weird problems.
  • Cirrus likes this

#73 perfoliate

perfoliate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

i didnt even think of tat, then again i didnt pour any coffee yet, i just shoveled snow, coffee and to the drawing board!

Well I tried restoring a stock backup to rom slot 1 and just boot looped. I I even erased the rom slot and recreated it. No luck

#74 jimd1050

jimd1050

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

I think the problem was, you started with a blanket statement "JB Sucks" - it should have been "Am I doing something wrong? This update is doing just the opposite for me that it seems to be doing for everyone else!" Maybe see if folks here can help you figure out what's gone wrong, that's all. A large number of people on several different Forums are psyched about this update, so "JB Sucks" comes across as a sort of "challenge" or "insult" - that's all. I think that's why you received the response you did! hope this calms things down?
  • Cirrus likes this
Regards, Jim D

#75 DHA123

DHA123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

In case anyone has yet to state it, don't bootstrap, it will lock you out reading "Encryption Failed, You have to factory reset and wipe data" which, if you do, will not fix the problem, the most successful way to repair this is to fastboot back to .211 (this does NOT put you back at . 211, but allows a clean install of jb, via recovery) after which you will lose root, fixing permissions also causes this. just in case anyone didn't know.

#76 mr4r4n

mr4r4n

OSE-DEV

• Developer
  • 210 posts
  • LocationNYS

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

i didnt know bootstrap was still in use?

#77 DHA123

DHA123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

I use cwm touch recovery, I find the features and sub features useful, it's actually cwm that causes the issue I theorize that it didn't likethe FIPS cryptography. and that's where things go wrong.

#78 streetpounder

streetpounder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, OH

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

okay here is a good one to ask about... I managed to hose my install of JB... on the upside I had pulled a backup via Safestrap 3.06. When I restored it and rebooted I got a black screen with the boot sound... The screen never comes on... I know the rom is there in the background because the notification light came on with an sms, and I get drives when I connect to pc, but no screen output... any ideas?

#79 johnbrain

johnbrain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

I don't have any white bar on any side of any screen. Everything is aligned well on my device. Nice avatar btw. GO BEARS!

Go Bears

#80 johnbrain

johnbrain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

I had a similar problem, all calls were using the speaker. I just reinstalled the JB update and that seems to have fixed my problem.

Did You Lose Root Reinstalling?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users