DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

Do you need to have Root Privaleges to get these to work? I just put all three files on my SD Card, installed them one at a time (Homescreen, Weather followed by Circles) - went to place the circle widget and got the message "This Widget does not work with third party launchers" - how do I activate the Razr M Launcher? Thanks for your research!

Root access isn't needed. Once you've installed all three files, you just press the home button and a dialogue will pop up asking which home to use. If you only have the stock launcher and RAZR M on your device, then you should only have two options. Choose the one on the right, to set permanently, choose always, then OK. You should then be able to use the Circles Widget. Good Luck!
Posted Image

#122 brewzer

brewzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Anyone else notice that motoprint is gone. I used it and liked being able to print from my phone. :( Anyway to get this back or is there another app that will work as well for next to nothing?

#123 Roshane

Roshane

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

When trying to use the SQlite hotspot hack, I get "update failed: error code 14, unable to open database file" I'm still running ICS, rooted, of course. I want to figure this out before I update to JB. I know I have to keep my root, which won't be a problem, I just don't know why I can't get SQlite to work now, and if it won't work now, I'm afraid it won't work later...

#124 brewzer

brewzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

When trying to use the SQlite hotspot hack, I get "update failed: error code 14, unable to open database file" I'm still running ICS, rooted, of course. I want to figure this out before I update to JB. I know I have to keep my root, which won't be a problem, I just don't know why I can't get SQlite to work now, and if it won't work now, I'm afraid it won't work later...

I read where someone copied the file to their sd card, modified it, then copied it back. I cannot attest to the validity of this though. Not really sure why you're getting the error to begin with.

#125 RangeRat125

RangeRat125

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

Try reloading the app. I used it on JB with no problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#126 jimd1050

jimd1050

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

You should just have to press on the home key and it'll prompt you as to which launcher you want to use. Perhaps clear the defaults for your current launcher. Also try rebooting if you haven't done so already however I've never had to do either one of those things. I've always installed them and the first time I press on home after installing it gives me the prompt. Things may be different with this leak though. Don't know as I haven't installed it.

Yep, got it - thank you! That did the trick - once I hit the Home Button, it asked me which launcher I wanted to use. Once I picked the Razr M one, the circles worked fine!!!
Regards, Jim D

#127 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Twitter:@JasonCollins23
  • LocationClarksville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4- Stock Rooted on 4.3/Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- Redemption Rom v6.1

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Loving JB

Attached Files

Posted Image

#128 rml596

rml596

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

I'm on JB and didnt use SQLite and the tether works fine. Any additional info? The tether is free now as long as you're not on an unlimited data plan from what I understand.

This may have changed, but back in September Tethering was free if you had a Share Everything Plan (Talked to a Verizon Tech Support Guy about it), but if you didn't have that then it wasn't.

Again, I am not sure if that has changed.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users