Before we begin are you sure you're on ICS? Unsure of version? Go to Settings/About Phone
I have Also Added JB Unbrick and Root Instructions
- FULL Battery, Do not attempt anything without a full battery
- What Tools do I need? Let’s get all our tools in order first
- For ICS ONLY
- <----- Xmas Leak OTA
- JB Only
- for JB Only
3. Backup your Pictures, Music, etc.
- Connect phone to your PC and place it in Mass Storage Mode then copy and paste all the files you wish to save to a safe location of your choice. (Computer/Network/USB stick)
- Unplug phone from PC
- VERY IMPORTANT! Make sure your on Unsafe Side (STOCK Side) then Disable Safe Strap Before you Uninstall it!
- Settings/Privacy/ Uncheck “Backup up my data” Select “Factory data reset” Let it reboot and do its thing
- On Power on, Plug phone into Computer (Mass Storage)
- Cut and Paste or Just Delete the old Safe Strap folders on both internal and External, as well as Titanium Backup’s Backup Folder
- Reboot into Recovery (See How Do I get into AP fast boot and Recovery?)
- Wipe cache and dalvik, when that’s done Factory Restore, reboot when finished and wait.
- Setup the least you can
Could you Skip Step 5?. Maybe, However,
In order to update from ICS to JB, ICS must be 100% stock, no apps frozen or deleted.
I have no idea what you have done with your phone and what it had, or history, or Version.
So I would take the Few minutes and just do it. This is why you need to use step 5 for a 100% stock 6.16.211
5. DroidRazrUtility1.82 Fast boot Restore 6.16.211 (ICS 4.0.4 Official OTA Software)
- Extract Utility to Desktop only, open “DroidRazrUtility/Drivers. Install 64 bit or 32 bit (Depending on your OS) When finished Reboot PC
- Put phone in AP Fastboot. (See AP FastBoot how to)
- Run “DroidRAZRUtility.bat” Option 1 in Utility and FOLLOW Instructions, when finished, let phone boot. Be patient, this may take some time
- Under Settings -> Security check "Unknown Sources" then under Settings - > Developer Options, make sure "Enable USB Debugging" is enabled.
Don't forget to Update Superuser (su) binary's!!!
Don't update Smart Actions.
Now that we are 100% sure your phone is cleaned and stock
6. Copy Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip to SD CARD
- While in “Mass Storage” Copy and Paste (Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip) to SD CARD
- Reboot phone into Recovery (See How Do I get into AP fast boot and Recovery?)
- Install/apply Update from External Card, Say yes if asked
- Be patients This may take up to 10 min
- Turn off the phone
- Hold BOTH VOL + and VOL – then hit POWER
- Choose either AP or Recovery hit the VOL + key to enter
- To enter Into Recover after you have selected “Recovery” Press both VOL+ and VOL- at the same time.
JB unbrick Utility howto with JB Root Exploit
1. How to use Unbrick Utility
- Make sure JB file is in your SD card
- Extract files to JBunbrick folder on your desktop (Screen Shot Below)
- Install Drivers in JBunbrick/Drivers, again (32 or 64 depending on your OS), Reboot
- Run Using CMD.EXE (See Screen shot)
- It is recommend to wipe data. Say yes when asked
- Once done, unplug phone, Boot into Recovery (See Recovery howto)
- Apply update Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip reboot (Note: this may take up to 10 Min) Aslo on First boot be patient.
- Do not update anything when booted,
2. How to Root using New JB Exploit
- Put phone in MTP Mode, Go into settings and check off Unkown Sources, USB Debuging, Allow Mock Locations
- Open CMD.exe again (See Screen shot) (Why run from CMD?, becuase you will get ADB wrong Version notice, Root will FAIL)
- Follow the Instructions to the T when you start the root exploit!
- Let the phone reboot and do its thing, remember when asked do what it says Exactly or (Root will fail)
Note: If you get FC with Safe Strap, 100% chance your not rooted, DL root checker from play store.
I may add more details or remove to these Instructions at any time.
Need more Details & How To's? Have other Questions? Please see
Please say Thanks and or Like if this helped,