Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

How do I "disable" safestrap before installing it? Is this merely going into the Safestrap app and selecting "uninstall"?

Yep you got it. I would the go to manage apps and clear the app data then uninstall safestrap app to just to be on the safe side. Make sure you are on your stock rom before doing this.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#62 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:20 AM

[...got my question answered from another source...]

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

#63 coovie

coovie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

i cant download the unbrick utility. ive tried numberous times but it keeps failing. could you PLEASE provide another link, maybe for a torrent?

#64 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

i cant download the unbrick utility. ive tried numberous times but it keeps failing. could you PLEASE provide another link, maybe for a torrent?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Or one stop shop for all torrents, dont know if the links are working....

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#65 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

Apology accepted here, cant speak for the Satman.

The JB leak is based on ICS and the kernel numbers havent changed, however they are different enough that if you update to the OTA you CANNOT go back to ICS. Whether this was a mistake as some feel or a planned early leak to test, who really knows. What I can say for myself, JB is better even in the state we have it. Hoping an "official" release will be even better.

In the ROM section we have JB based ROM's for ICS and JB ROM's for JB. The ICS ones give you an idea of how JB looks and feels but isnt as there as the ROMS made for JB. And also not sure how much development anyone wants to put into the ones for ICS. Most specifically you dont get the updated radios.

VZW did make it confusing :)

It's actually not the kernel (boot.img) that locks you to JB, it's a he bootloader. The bootloader in the JB leak will only allow the JB boot.img to be flashed. However, the bootloader that was flashed with ICS will obviously accommodate both. (it has to, otherwise how would the update succeed and how would you be flashing ICS fb files)
With that said, one could extract the boot.img from the JB update (with a little converting) and flash it via AP Fastboot, then boot right into recovery and flash any JB kernel based rom they want. Or, conversely, boot into AP Fastboot, flash the current ICS boot.img, enter safestrap and restore any ICS rom or even the stock system.

Tldr; kernels are compatible, flashing JB kernel isn't was makes you stuck on JB, it's the newer bootloader that is the issue.

Hope that clears some things up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users