Photo

ABSOLUTELY Coolest Thing You Have Done On A Razr?

ps3? remote camera

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 djuniah

djuniah

• Developer
  • 124 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

I've got 2 for you:

1) This actually fits with what aktrazr said earlier. Part of my job is making sure that a certain online game stays up so that people can log in and play. There have been one or two occasions that i was able to log in and fix issues from my phone in just a few short minutes. (I also have alerts set up to fire off notifications in-case issues arise on the servers)

2) I can mirror the phone's display in my car. When i get in, i plug in the power and HDMI cables that i wired up to the cup holder. Once that's in, the (completely stock) screen in my dashboard mirrors the phone. I also have it set up to go into a "car mode" once it detects the bluetooth connection to the car, so the home screen is replaced by a custom car launcher. I then have access to google navigation, all of my music, and a bunch of other things.
EDIT: I haven't made a video of this in action yet, but here's a similar one someone did in the same car with an iPhone:

The Razr actually fills the screen nicely, instead of having those bars on the side.

#22 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

comard, FORGIVENESS please, but I am not asking HOW to do it.. I am asking what the process is called that my place of employment utilizes to block it? i.e. how they are blocking the connection?

Robocop is close...

yes, the ports are open..

My place of employement has it blocked.. I want to know what the process or technology behind this is called?

hopefully that makes sense and I have not confused yall further..

oNe

Don't know for sure but my guess is they are blocking the port your app uses. Can you configure things on your phone to use a different port? If so, it might be a way around it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#23 abuttino

abuttino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

1.) Control my home entertainment system with it. If I am just playing music, never have to turn the TV on (Media center control). Also lets me record shows for later viewing.

2.) Control my home lighting and temperature.

3.) Administer my 12 server network. Use MS Office programs such as outlook and word without needing a local copy but can access and print documents on my phone. (RemoteApp with RDGateway for server side and Remote Desktop for phone side.)

4.) RemoteMouse allows me to use the screen as a touchpad. Very convenient when a keyboard or mouse is too clunky for the task at hand.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#24 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

IMO .... (and a few members of my family).... the coolest thing I've done (so far).... was to configure and route my uncles security system (on his wrecker service) to every computer in his house and mine :) .... he lives in WV.... I in TN.... and I did it with my razr , from the cab of my truck .... in Kansas City....... :)

tapadriving.....hillbilly style
  • fastfoodfred likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#25 euphoric85

euphoric85

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

My job uses PHP Timeclock with a custom webpage we created to use for us techs to clock in and out remotely.  I created a Tasker profile that does an HTTP POST with the appropriate parameters to automatically clock me in and out based on my location- it typically punches me in right as I walk in the door in the morning.  It also analyzes the result of the POST to verify that I'm actually clocked in/out and alerts me if it didn't work as well as updating a widget I made that tells me "Clocked in at 8:30", "Clocked out at 17:00", etc.  If I'm working remotely, I can just tap the appropriate widget to clock me in or out.

I also used Tasker to create a personal assistant that greets me over my bluetooth car stereo every morning with my first calendar event of the day and the weather forecast.  It does an HTTP GET on wunderground's RSS feed for my city to get the weather info, and queries my phone's sql database for the calendar events.

It's ridiculous what our phones are capable of!

• neckchop likes this

#26 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

It's ridiculous what our phones are capable of!

Indeed!!! :)

tapadriving .... hillbilly style

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users