llawen

android tweaker

• Superuser
  • 551 posts
  • Twitter:@llawen
  • LocationGlenn hieghts, Texas
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx hd

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:38 AM

That's good old moto for ya, trying to kill all the fun.
RAZR Max HD running scream'n rear end Fuzion

Posted Image

#182 dru21281

dru21281

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Google+:dru21281
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD, Droid X, Razr, HTC Rezound

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

I installed the update 9.16.6 manually and temp unrooted before hand then restored root with no problem. SS 3.12 did not work after that but I just uninstalled and reinstalled and it works fine... Roms flash fine and everything is working as it should.
Question, if I install a ROM like Fusion/Vitreous on ROM slot 1 and have the new update 9.16.6 on stock slot and make a backup of that and restore it to RS1 before installing the ROM, will I be using the firmware and changes from the update or what's on my ROM slot?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

• adamjmtz likes this

#183 TjNaps27

TjNaps27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Twitter:tjnaps27
  • Current Device(s):"Dan" Edition Razr Maxx HD

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:57 AM

OK so I just read through this whole thread and I have one question. Its obvious that this mod can't be applied to the stock slot. My question tho is, I'm running vitreous on my stock slot. Can I flash this mod since its not the stock odexed ROM or is it a stock ROM slot limitation?
And I also read that after this new update it has been confirmed to fast boot back to ICS.

#184 dru21281

dru21281

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

I tried installing these mods(24v v1, v2, v3) on stock slot myself on top of vit1.9.3 and no it did not work. So there's no way to flash them as they are now, onto stock slot no matter what... Until we get an update that is, if its even possible to flash and put these mods on stock slot without unlocking the BL.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

#185 megahertz1970

megahertz1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Google+:markw4itg@gmail.com
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

I installed the update 9.16.6 manually and temp unrooted before hand then restored root with no problem. SS 3.12 did not work after that but I just uninstalled and reinstalled and it works fine... Roms flash fine and everything is working as it should.
Question, if I install a ROM like Fusion/Vitreous on ROM slot 1 and have the new update 9.16.6 on stock slot and make a backup of that and restore it to RS1 before installing the ROM, will I be using the firmware and changes from the update or what's on my ROM slot?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

What is this update everyone is taking about. I keep going to my stock side and going to about phone and then system updates and it says I'm up to date on 9.1.41.

#186 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:14 AM

What is this update everyone is taking about. I keep going to my stock side and going to about phone and then system updates and it says I'm up to date on 9.1.41.

It the OTA update coming for taking us to 4.1.2. I dont know it has been pushed to everyone yet tho. They do it in batches normally so the netowrk load is not getting hammered

#187 jasonc624

jasonc624

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

I just updated to 4.1.2 last nigh and came upon this website today so im totally lost. I saw this thread cause my stock HD lags beyond belief and requires constant reboots, i was about to send it back, but I have faith in devices and was pretty sure it was something done by motorola that wasnt working well, when i saw this thread it was like a god send cause it was the answer to all ive been experiencing.

I rooted my Razr back when i had it, but I have been away from the root/hacking of phones for a while. I want to use these scripts but I don't know where to start, especially since there are no threads about rooting while on 4.1.2

#188 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

I just updated to 4.1.2 last nigh and came upon this website today so im totally lost. I saw this thread cause my stock HD lags beyond belief and requires constant reboots, i was about to send it back, but I have faith in devices and was pretty sure it was something done by motorola that wasnt working well, when i saw this thread it was like a god send cause it was the answer to all ive been experiencing.

I rooted my Razr back when i had it, but I have been away from the root/hacking of phones for a while. I want to use these scripts but I don't know where to start, especially since there are no threads about rooting while on 4.1.2

Sorry to say you are stuck for the moment. There is no current root method for 4.1.2. I think this script is not updated for 4.1.2 yet and I think you need root to run it.
  • vtwinbmx likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#189 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:08 AM

Sorry to say you are stuck for the moment. There is no current root method for 4.1.2. I think this script is not updated for 4.1.2 yet and I think you need root to run it.

I have not or will not take the update until we have fastboot files, so try these scripts have zero testing on 4.1.2

vtc.png

#190 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

I have not or will not take the update until we have fastboot files, so try these scripts have zero testing on 4.1.2

Its already out to the masses fyi. I had a copy last night already and see Matt posted it today here on DR
  • vtwinbmx likes this

#191 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

Its already out to the masses fyi. I had a copy last night already and see Matt posted it today here on DR

yes its out but you cant root 4.1.2 yet. Those files are for the folks who bricked. It can get you up and running but without root :ph34r:

#192 megahertz1970

megahertz1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

yes its out but you cant root 4.1.2 yet. Those files are for the folks who bricked. It can get you up and running but without root :ph34r:

Anyone have the link so I can check it out. Please

#193 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

for sure, but I refuse to buy consumer version devices myself. So root is simple in a case like me with Dev edition only, makes life EASY!!!!

Anyone have the link so I can check it out. Please

here ya go

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#194 megahertz1970

megahertz1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

for sure, but I refuse to buy consumer version devices myself. So root is simple in a case like me with Dev edition only, makes life EASY!!!!

here ya go

Thanks so much! As for the Dev edition, too bad it doesn't come in a MAXX version.Uh

#195 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

Thanks so much! As for the Dev edition, too bad it doesn't come in a MAXX version.Uh

True... but for my use & IMO its not needed. I get well into the 2nd day on my Razr HD with 1 charge on the battery. Heck my Dev edition M lasts me over a full day even and it has a smaller battery the HD.

#196 dru21281

dru21281

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

Looks like the OP links are still down... There were talks about updates in progress for a while now, are they still being worked on? Sorry for asking but im looking for something to flash and dev. has been scarce for us xt926 non dev. owners. Maybe the latest 4.1.2 update will change that.
  • Firehwk likes this

#197 finndo77

finndo77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:finndo77
  • Locationsouth crapatstic
  • Current Device(s):Droid4, Droid Razr HD, Nook 16GB Tablet

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

hey dru, good luck on the increased activity for 4.1.2 nothing will happen until root is found, that update might kill this phone off for aftermarket dev work. also the scripts have mirrors on some of the other pages, go back one or two from this page and you should see other links.

#198 alexandreapis

alexandreapis

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

Well, I have a xt925, 4.1.2 stock rom, unlocked bootloader, rooted with cwm recovery installed ... I wanna know if I can install these tweaks in rom sotck ...

#199 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

Well, I have a xt925, 4.1.2 stock rom, unlocked bootloader, rooted with cwm recovery installed ... I wanna know if I can install these tweaks in rom sotck ...

it was said to not use these tweaks on a stock rom, not sure maybe something to do with Deodexed, etc. i would suggest this though :)

thats the stock but cleaned up and zipaligned, i do believe x926 roms work on x925 with no problem

reminder that is 4.1.1 base though so for now i would mostly suggest to wait and not flash either due to being different bases and the not knowing of what changed from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2, script wise

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#200 kungpowchicken

kungpowchicken

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid X, Droid RAZR HD

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

Any chance of this working on stock slot for consumer edition?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users