229 replies to this topic

#201 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:04 AM

Any chance of this working on stock slot for consumer edition?

You could modify the file on your stock side to fix it, would not be hard to do or you could replace the stock file with the newer version of it,

vtc.png

#202 kungpowchicken

kungpowchicken

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid X, Droid RAZR HD

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:14 AM

You could modify the file on your stock side to fix it, would not be hard to do or you could replace the stock file with the newer version of it,

How would I go about doing that?

#203 finndo77

finndo77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:finndo77
  • Locationsouth crapatstic
  • Current Device(s):Droid4, Droid Razr HD, Nook 16GB Tablet

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

How would I go about doing that?

I'd recommend taking the script (download it) and edit it to see what it does, you could then make a backup of the current script and manually make changes to it based off what was in the script on this thread. As always when dealing with scripts for a linux based OS, DO NOT USE NOTEPAD! (or wordpad, or word, or even open/libre office) on windows use Notepad+ or GVIM, linux and MACs use VI/VIM/GVIM all different "versions" of the same editor. There are of course others, but those are the ones I know to use or not to use. The reason is, those other editors "may" leave "hidden" code objects in the file, that when read by a linux OS trying to run the file as a script, will cause it to fail, or do something you may really not want it to do. The most common is notepad, it adds "^M" to the end of edited lines to tell the application that the line has ended and the next one is something new. In the good old days before windows, that meant "ctrl M" which would cause the same result as pressing enter in your terminal screen. (yes I have been using computers, at home. since 1980)

#204 mrf582

mrf582

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

Well now that the Consumer Version of the XT926 has an unlocked bootloader, and that means the install of a more 'standard' Recovery like CWM or TWRP, can this be installed over a stock ROM in a stock slot?
  • Moonrakerone likes this

#205 mrf582

mrf582

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

Will this work with a deodexed ROM like this DST ROM?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I guess I should mount 'system' before flashing?

#206 dru21281

dru21281

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Google+:dru21281
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD, Droid X, Razr, HTC Rezound

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

Will this work with a deodexed ROM like this DST ROM?

I guess I should mount 'system' before flashing?

With an unlocked xt926 does installing any of these mods still help, if were on cm10.1,Fusion, WW etc...? I dont have any lag now, but just wondering if we can still use these?

#207 franzie3

franzie3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Twitter:@MikeFranz3
  • Google+:Michael Franz
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Samsung GS3, Xoom 4G, Asus Tf300T

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

Yea curious as well to see if we can get a version based on 4.1.2 now that were are unlocked. If you need a tester or anything I am always willing to be a Guinea Pig. right now im on the DST 4.1.2 build that mhous33 put out

#208 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

Can I get a reup of v24, getting a 403 Forbidden error on the host.

#209 dru21281

dru21281

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:14 AM

Just a FYI, the mods do not work with cm10/10.1 I was pretty sure it wouldn't work, but I tried flashing the mods on top anyway and it will not boot. I am guessing that the problem is the kernel, and that there is no need for these mods with cm either way...

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

#210 dru21281

dru21281

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:16 AM

Here are links to the mods posted earlier.

zooyork0721
16 Mar 2013
 zooyork0721, on 09 March 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:
Anyone who wants the tweaks now when the hosts links arent working -

battery & vroom vroom! Tweaks V1 (

)
little slower vroom! Tweaks V2 (

)
full throttle foot threw the floor vroooom vroooom! Tweaks V3 (

)
 halo13, on 09 March 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:
Links -

Mod V1
Mod V2
Mod V3

Enjoy!
from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

#211 SquireSCA

SquireSCA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

Anyone brave enough to try on rooted, unlocked 4.1.2 yet, using a regular version of TWRP and none of that "slots" stuff?

Or should I perform a backup and be the guinea pig? haha

#212 phillyfisher

phillyfisher

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Twitter:@215mf

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

Anyone brave enough to try on rooted, unlocked 4.1.2 yet, using a regular version of TWRP and none of that "slots" stuff?

Or should I perform a backup and be the guinea pig? haha

did anyone try this yet... in unlocked and rooted with nothing to flash :)

#213 SquireSCA

SquireSCA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

I did, and it made more lag with the phone, reverted to stock

#214 isarr

isarr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD Maxx Limited Edition RED

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

will this work ok with fuzion on 4.1.2 KERNEL??! or should i revert to 4.1.1 first?

#215 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

Yes it will work fine on the 4.1.2 kernel

vtc.png

#216 isarr

isarr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD Maxx Limited Edition RED

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

Yes it will work fine on the 4.1.2 kernel

thanks for the info

#217 TDF

TDF

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola RAZR HD LTE

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:32 AM

I took a look at all three revisions of this mod. I fail to see how Motorola croaked the HD in init.qcom.post_boot.sh; having come from a HTC EVO 3D, I'm very familiar with custom ROMs and tweaks and this package seems to collect all of the known "tweaks" out there and puts them together (fair enough). V1 (24V) adds HTC Beats to the HD (why?) and V2 and V3 remove them.

I'm not seeing why people claim to be faster on these. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the creators here. It's just this tweak package contains tweaks that made sense on GB but not on ICS or JB. This is a common theme on modded ROMs and/or tweaks in that people collect whatever is out there and have a placebo effect. For example, I know a lot of people love benchmarks (I'm not one of them, they don't represent the real world) and I can hit 10.7k on AnTuTu and ~5800 on Quadrant, stock.

Interactive is the default governor for Project Butter, afaik, none of the other governors are compatible (specifically, the speed_boost options the OS passes to the governor)

I appreciate the effort put into this project, but in my not-so-humble opinion, I think you're attacking this from the wrong angle. Granted, I'm running 4.1.2 stock (bootloader unlocked, rooted) and the only problem I have is the phone won't hit deep sleep. Maybe this is a RAZR issue rather than Android but I'm still hitting 1.5-2days on battery otherwise.

XT925 - Bootloader unlocked (Motorola)

JB 4.1.2 Stock (rooted)

#218 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:01 AM

I took a look at all three revisions of this mod. I fail to see how Motorola croaked the HD in init.qcom.post_boot.sh; having come from a HTC EVO 3D, I'm very familiar with custom ROMs and tweaks and this package seems to collect all of the known "tweaks" out there and puts them together (fair enough). V1 (24V) adds HTC Beats to the HD (why?) and V2 and V3 remove them.

I'm not seeing why people claim to be faster on these. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the creators here. It's just this tweak package contains tweaks that made sense on GB but not on ICS or JB. This is a common theme on modded ROMs and/or tweaks in that people collect whatever is out there and have a placebo effect. For example, I know a lot of people love benchmarks (I'm not one of them, they don't represent the real world) and I can hit 10.7k on AnTuTu and ~5800 on Quadrant, stock.

Interactive is the default governor for Project Butter, afaik, none of the other governors are compatible (specifically, the speed_boost options the OS passes to the governor)

I appreciate the effort put into this project, but in my not-so-humble opinion, I think you're attacking this from the wrong angle. Granted, I'm running 4.1.2 stock (bootloader unlocked, rooted) and the only problem I have is the phone won't hit deep sleep. Maybe this is a RAZR issue rather than Android but I'm still hitting 1.5-2days on battery otherwise.

XT925 - Bootloader unlocked (Motorola)
JB 4.1.2 Stock (rooted)

Apparently you're not a crackflasher :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#219 TDF

TDF

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola RAZR HD LTE

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:31 AM

No idea what a crackflasher is :)

#220 Coolloser

Coolloser

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCanaduh
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD XT925, Atrix 4G, Nexus 7

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

No idea what a crackflasher is :)

Crackflashers must flash everything in sight!

Sent from a non-apple device.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users