Photo

[Rom][CDMA/GSM][Jb .16] Rage Rom v3.3 *Update* (7/14/2013)

• Please log in to reply
2829 replies to this topic

#1801 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

I tried flashing Rage and overclock on my original flip razor and it didnt work, what am I doing wrong? hahaha

Dude it's because your flip RAZR isn't running iOS7.26184 GEEZ! Noobs these days........

• usmcamgrimm and everettjte like this

#1802 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

New link for GSM users posted in the OP :) :)

#1803 sparkymrh

sparkymrh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Google+:sparkymrh@gmail.com
  • LocationSanta Clarita, CA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

Did you come up with a easy way to over clock? Sorry for asking but I've been away from the forum for awhile due to cluster headaches.

Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Yep check out the op. I wrote the instructions at like 1am lmao! so make sure you back up your rom . Also installing smanager is good for editing freq. I will give bdh updated instructions soon. ;)

Nice work bro!

Sent from my Slaytanic Rager Maxx using Tapatalk
  • usmcamgrimm and jl90 like this

#1804 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

Nice work bro!

Thanks spark!! :) You can use it after the next update! Just do a clean install!!!

#1805 Stvn2569

Stvn2569

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

Hey JL90, I must be doing something but I've followed the OP to a T up to edit when the OP says to change frequencies then save. But when I hit edit a white page comes up with the new speeds and a box that tells me to makes a backup so I did then I hit menu where I see the option to save so I do then I reboot but the speeds are not there in setcpu or no frills, can you give me any ideas?

#1806 sparkymrh

sparkymrh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Google+:sparkymrh@gmail.com
  • LocationSanta Clarita, CA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

Nice work bro!

Thanks spark!! :) You can use it after the next update! Just do a clean install!!!

Did it today, clean just to get rid of whatever junk I got taking up memory. It's good, clean, works...thanks man!

• jl90 likes this

#1807 lutheranpriest

lutheranpriest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

Phone Info app (believe thats the name) should fix it, though you may want confirmation before trying.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

That's what I've been using. Every time I get a failed send on an MMS, I check phone info, and sure enough, the preferred network type has reverted back to LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA. It seems to be most prevalent if I reboot my phone for any reason. It's a bit of an annoyance, but it's not enough to make me dump this rom for something else. So far, Rage is the best full-functioning Razr rom I've come across, and believe me, I've tried a lot of them! For a while there, I thought I'd need to check myself into crackflasher rehab. Rage helped me kick the habit!

• jl90 likes this

#1808 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:35 AM

Hey JL90, I must be doing something but I've followed the OP to a T up to edit when the OP says to change frequencies then save. But when I hit edit a white page comes up with the new speeds and a box that tells me to makes a backup so I did then I hit menu where I see the option to save so I do then I reboot but the speeds are not there in setcpu or no frills, can you give me any ideas?

Sorry. I am sick and its hard to focus. Lol. When you get to edit just open directly no backup change freq hit the back button and save changes. It will probably have a warning about brickimg you device too. Select brick hit the back button again and reboot. Let me know how it goes.

#1809 tyscheff

tyscheff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Twitter:tyscheff
  • LocationBaltimore, MD
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr MAXX_Aviator Blur

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:02 AM

I too am excited for this, I'm still kind of a noob lol. I have SManager, but a little confused on how to change the highest freq to 1375

Edit: Which Governor and I/O scheduler should I be using with NoFrills?

#1810 ldeveraux

ldeveraux

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:26 AM

That's what I've been using. Every time I get a failed send on an MMS, I check phone info, and sure enough, the preferred network type has reverted back to LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA. It seems to be most prevalent if I reboot my phone for any reason. It's a bit of an annoyance, but it's not enough to make me dump this rom for something else. So far, Rage is the best full-functioning Razr rom I've come across, and believe me, I've tried a lot of them! For a while there, I thought I'd need to check myself into crackflasher rehab. Rage helped me kick the habit!

This isn't only on this ROM. It's happened to me on every ROM I've flashed on this phone (RAZR MAXX). It's a Verizon thing I'm guessing. Every time you reboot it reverts back to LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/CDMA.

#1811 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:45 AM

I too am excited for this, I'm still kind of a noob lol. I have SManager, but a little confused on how to change the highest freq to 1375

Edit: Which Governor and I/O scheduler should I be using with NoFrills?

I use Pegasusq and sio. if your confused about changing frequencies just leave it. 1350 is plenty fast I run at 1325 for stability and batt.
  • tyscheff likes this

#1812 WackyJoe

WackyJoe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, U.S.A.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

Hey guys...I really need your help here.

I have a Verizon XT912...I'm trying to use it on T-Mobile service.

I have an active T-Mobile SIM, so I do know that works.

I flashed this rom (GSM version) and all is good...but when it starts up, a few seconds after initial boot the words: "This SIM card is from an unknown source."

I waited for a bit and played around with network settings, still cannot get a signal to T-Mobile or even AT&T towers.

I thought the GSM version would already be ready for GSM chip, but anyways went and flashed the "RageRom_v2.0_JB_OTA_GSM_PATCH"...same thing.

Am I doing something wrong?  Perhaps I need to set up the network settings a certain way?

The only thing I know is that this phone never asked me for a PIN unlock for the SIM, when it was on stock and even now...I doubt it matters here, but just to let you know.

Please someone...help me! 

Thanks!

#1813 aneeshmbabu

aneeshmbabu

passionate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Locationindia
  • Current Device(s):motorola droid razr maxx

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:44 AM

bdh I have some doubts please explain this in over clock procedure... Install SManager to to edit frequencies if the built in ones don't agree with your phone. Go to system/ etc/init.d and open 90modules select edit change frequencies save changes and reboot....

I didn't get what its mean i opened systemandroid folder but nothing there...I downloaded 2zip file provide next what I need to do...pls need help me in step wise I'm using droid RAZR xt912 running range ROM 3.2

#1814 rnh

rnh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationA Ct Yankee living in the land of Mass-oles
  • Current Device(s):Razr,

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:11 AM

To help a lot of people out someone mentioned using the aviator utility in the aviator OP to overclock. First install the modules with the utility then install the amount of overclocking you desire. It comes with instructions and really makes the procedure less complicated. Don't forget to unzip the utility before you use it. Sorry to mention another rom but the purpose is to help all those who want to overclock and are having problems. We are here to help one another.

#1815 rnh

rnh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

And oh yes, it does work. I restored my non-overclocked rage and tried it. Success

• andrep182 likes this

#1816 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

To help a lot of people out someone mentioned using the aviator utility in the aviator OP to overclock. First install the modules with the utility then install the
amount of overclocking you desire. It comes with instructions and really makes the procedure less complicated. Don't forget to unzip the utility before you use
it. Sorry to mention another rom but the
purpose is to help all those who want to overclock and are having problems. We are here to help one another.

If you can flash 2 zip files you will be over clocked. No computer no utility needed! the confusion seems to be about adjusting the frequencies after install. So I will try to make this simple.
1 have a current back up made. install smanger app and nofrillscpu or setcpu from playstore.

2 download zips. After you have installed the 2 zips in safestrap reboot.

3 if the frequencies built into the zip are not to your liking open smanager app press the green arrow at the top right until you see just /. Then find system/ etc/init.d. open that up you will see a file called 90 modules press it and open it as script/executable. Then select edit. open directly.
You will see frequency table adjust frequencies here leave voltages alone. Press the back button on phone save changes. It will warn you about bricking device select brick. :) exit the app reboot. Frequencies will have changed.

If you just install the apps and zips this does not get easier.
No disrespect to aviator utility but I have over clocked my phone doing this in a
moving work truck. So take from that what you will.
  • PdiddyBuck likes this

#1817 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:37 AM

bdh I have some doubts please explain this in over clock procedure... Install SManager to to edit frequencies if the built in ones don't agree with your phone.
Go to system/ etc/init.d and open 90modules select edit change frequencies save changes and reboot....
I didn't get what its mean i opened systemandroid folder but nothing there...I downloaded 2zip file provide next what I need to do...pls need help me in step wise I'm using droid RAZR xt912 running range ROM 3.2

You're over thinking this man:)

Install setcpu or no frillscpu.

Install the zips in safestrap

Reboot

You are now over clocked!

#1818 rnh

rnh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

Do the files need to be unzipped first?

#1819 SoccerRef12

SoccerRef12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Twitter:@SoccerRef12
  • LocationLampasas, TX
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

Do the files need to be unzipped first?

No. Just use SafeStrap to install them in the correct order from the original post.  ;)

• jl90 likes this

"If you truly learned from your mistakes, I would be a genius by now!"

#1820 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

No just flash them in safe strap. They install at boot

1 user(s) are reading this topic