92 replies to this topic

#41 bhayden73

bhayden73

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:37 AM

I think I figured out my problem, my bootloader is locked. I am running safestrap 3.11 and can not figure out how to unlock or bypass my bootloader. I tried running the kexec bypassme.sh and it did not work. I tried to manually unlock my bootloader using fastboot oem and I just can not get it unlocked. Does anyone know does it have to be unlocked to get this to work? This is becoming a massive let down and growing frustration trying to get this to work.

#42 Olao99

Olao99

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Twitter:@olao99
  • Current Device(s):Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX GSM (XT910)

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

I think I figured out my problem, my bootloader is locked. I am running safestrap 3.11 and can not figure out how to unlock or bypass my bootloader. I tried running the kexec bypassme.sh and it did not work. I tried to manually unlock my bootloader using fastboot oem and I just can not get it unlocked. Does anyone know does it have to be unlocked to get this to work? This is becoming a massive let down and growing frustration trying to get this to work.

The droid RAZR bootloader is unlockable, that's why we use alternative methods like safestrap and bootmenu instead of regular CWM or TTWRP....

I am getting the same error. I create the slot 4 with 2gb, flash both files, reboot... The phone boots up, motorola red logo, black screen, it vibrates and it stays there in the blackscreen.....

What i've noticed after a couple minutes is that if i press the power button in this state, the screen will turn off, if I turn o back, it remains black...

#43 teckem

teckem

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

The droid RAZR bootloader is unlockable, that's why we use alternative methods like safestrap and bootmenu instead of regular CWM or TTWRP....

I am getting the same error. I create the slot 4 with 2gb, flash both files, reboot... The phone boots up, motorola red logo, black screen, it vibrates and it stays there in the blackscreen.....

What i've noticed after a couple minutes is that if i press the power button in this state, the screen will turn off, if I turn o back, it remains black...

I am having the same issue, black screen

#44 ashwinvasireddy

ashwinvasireddy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

anyone who got this working can u tell us what safestrap version were u on and which kernel were you using ??

#45 james

james

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Locationsouthern cali
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 Verizon

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

anyone who got this working can u tell us what safestrap version were u on and which kernel were you using ??

i am on jelly bean kernel version 3.0.8 safe strap 3.11 rom slot 4

Edited by james, 12 March 2013 - 05:49 PM.

#46 ashwinvasireddy

ashwinvasireddy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:27 AM

i am on jelly bean kernel version 3.0.8 safe strap 3.11 rom slot 4

i am on the same kernel and safestrap version but why is it not working for me

#47 james

james

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Locationsouthern cali
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 Verizon

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:22 AM

i am on the same kernel and safestrap version but why is it not working for me

maybe some how some way you got a bad download

#48 ashwinvasireddy

ashwinvasireddy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:36 AM

i downloaded it 5 times just to be sure :)

#49 flakdroid

flakdroid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

I moved to the official JB OTA yesterday. I created a new 2gb in slot 4 and tried again, hopeing that it would work since I am now on the JB kernel. I also tried the 2/28 file just to make sure. No dice....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#50 joeshell20

joeshell20

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Google+:joeshell20@gmail.com

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

I moved to the official JB OTA yesterday. I created a new 2gb in slot 4 and tried again, hopeing that it would work since I am now on the JB kernel. I also tried the 2/28 file just to make sure. No dice....

It takes 4 to 5 minutes to boot and yes there is not boot animation. Just be patient and let it boot. I had no issues getting it to work on jb ota.

#51 teckem

teckem

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

It takes 4 to 5 minutes to boot and yes there is not boot animation. Just be patient and let it boot. I had no issues getting it to work on jb ota.

Well I was patiently, I waited like 8 minutes and nothing happened....But I will try again but if it doesn't work I will have to wait for another release

#52 flakdroid

flakdroid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

I just tried again, waited 15 minutes... nothing

#53 bhayden73

bhayden73

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

Tired different downloads waited and waited and waited. Tried all the extra wipes and nothing.

#54 flakdroid

flakdroid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

We aren't the only ones having issues...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#55 bhayden73

bhayden73

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

This is just a shame I really wanted this to work. I look forward to running Ubuntu and breaking free from Google and Apple and Windows and this was my out. DANG IT, guess I am waiting.

#56 bhayden73

bhayden73

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

Wonder what the odds of this working by ditching safestrap and running clockworkmod.

#57 dhacker29

dhacker29

CM Master

• Developer
  • 49 posts
  • Twitter:dhacker29
  • Google+:davidhackerdvm@gmail.com

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

Wonder what the odds of this working by ditching safestrap and running clockworkmod.

Cwm will not work. The phablet zip is updated now and works with the latest quantal zip from ubuntu
  • bhayden73 likes this

#58 nukeruss

nukeruss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Twitter:nukeruss
  • Google+:nukeruss
  • LocationPalmyra, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx XT912

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

I had to reflash safestrap 3.11 from within the app after I installed the latest ota. I also rebuilt my ROM slots.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx on JB 4.2.2 kexec

#59 bhayden73

bhayden73

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

So I still use the phablet 20130301 zip or do I use the ota eng zip or do I use both?

#60 bhayden73

bhayden73

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

Cwm will not work. The phablet zip is updated now and works with the latest quantal zip from ubuntu

DUDE YOU SOOOOO ROCK! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users