• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#41 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:06 AM

Oh, thanks for the update. Now the OTA stalker should leave me in peace : )

Ian

BlurUpdater_VZW.apk is the culprit for ota capability. Just add ".bak" to the end of it to disable :)

#42 IanK

IanK

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

BlurUpdater_VZW.apk is the culprit for ota capability. Just add ".bak" to the end of it to disable :)

Oh thanks, Ill remember that! I'm new to Motorola and couldn't figure out how to shoe that fly. 

Ian

#43 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

Just wanted to say thanks for this. Got ballsy with my phone tonight and had some fun...ota's, fxz's, you name it. Ended op on this rom at the end and I am very satisfied!

• neckchop likes this

#44 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

Just wanted to say thanks for this. Got ballsy with my phone tonight and had some fun...ota's, fxz's, you name it. Ended op on this rom at the end and I am very satisfied!

glad you like it! doesn't hurt to experiment; these devices are virtually unbrickable as long as you don't try any crazy stuff like flashing software meant for other devices. i'm looking for ways to tweak the dst some more, but kinda stuck atm. suggestions are welcome...

#45 clienterror

clienterror

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

As long as mhous33 is cool with it, here is the framework to get rid of your navi bar.  Usual stuff applies, have a gesture control app working before you swap the frameworks and I'm not responsive if your phone tries to eat your cat ect.  Backups saves lives, so don't forget to do it.

Anyone unsure how to do this, just download and rename it framework-res.apk, set permissions, and copy or move to your /system/framework folder and reboot.  Remember to toss mhous a thanks or a beer if you use this rom.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks! 

#46 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

Anybody know how to turn of the annoying voice notification of gain or loss of service? 

• scott63 likes this

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#47 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:29 AM

As long as mhous33 is cool with it, here is the framework to get rid of your navi bar.  Usual stuff applies, have a gesture control app working before you swap the frameworks and I'm not responsive if your phone tries to eat your cat ect.  Backups saves lives, so don't forget to do it.

Anyone unsure how to do this, just download and rename it framework-res.apk, set permissions, and copy or move to your /system/framework folder and reboot.  Remember to toss mhous a thanks or a beer if you use this rom.

Thanks! 

NP, I tried that mod and wasn't a big fan of it.

#48 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:31 AM

Anybody know how to turn of the annoying voice notification of gain or loss of service? 

Afaik you shouldn't have that on this ROM. the resources for it are in /system/media/eri on stock vzw.

#49 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:34 AM

Afaik you shouldn't have that on this ROM. the resources for it are in /system/media/eri on stock vzw.

Thanks man, I found it and deleted the folder.  The notification has stopped!  FYI, I flashed the odexed version followed by the flashable deodexed version and it was there.

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#50 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:10 AM

Thanks man, I found it and deleted the folder.  The notification has stopped!  FYI, I flashed the odexed version followed by the flashable deodexed version and it was there.

The only publicly available deodexed version is the old 4.1.1 just so you know...

#51 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:12 AM

what about this?

PDbEXCr.png

#52 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

what about this?

That is the stock vzw build, not DST.
  • timpohladthomas likes this

#53 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

Ahhh, I understand.  My bad, my friend.

PDbEXCr.png

#54 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

NP, if you have questions or issues with stock, it would be more helpful to others to post in that thread, just sayin' ;)
  • shane1 likes this

#55 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

NP, if you have questions or issues with stock, it would be more helpful to others to post in that thread, just sayin' ;)

I understand but to be quite honest, I did not notice they were different. Both posted by you so I assumed incorrectly. And we all know what happens when we assume...ha

PDbEXCr.png

#56 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:32 AM

I understand but to be quite honest, I did not notice they were different. Both posted by you so I assumed incorrectly. And we all know what happens when we assume...ha

No worries, the dst is essentially stock with everything working, but is tweaked with the refinements listed in the op.
  • shane1 likes this

#57 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

Cool man.  Appreciate your work.

• mhous33 and shane1 like this

PDbEXCr.png

#58 mthornto88

mthornto88

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

updated op with new 4.1.2 build. all mods are already built in.

Thanks mhous33. Working like a champ. I tried to flash the other DST rom with the system.img but I was unable to do get it to work with RSD. So I came back to this one and it went through without any issues. I am liking the mods as well.

#59 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

Thanks mhous33. Working like a champ. I tried to flash the other DST rom with the system.img but I was unable to do get it to work with RSD. So I came back to this one and it went through without any issues. I am liking the mods as well.

the system.img would need a corresponding xml file to work with rsdlite. would be easy to modify the stock one to your liking, but by the time you do that you could just fastboot it :)

btw, don't get too comfortable with this build, i have an update coming in a few; gotta finish the razr m one and then i'll post both...

#60 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:26 AM

updated op with new version and changelog. also added a link to the system.img version for those who prefer to fastboot.

• moto13 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users