Photo

Low Battery - Can't Fastboot- Possible To Recover?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 spongers

spongers

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

Well I did something dumb and idiotic! Was on DT's Axiom ROM and wanted to go back to stock using my nandroid backup, which didn't work as it gave me a can't restore to system. That should have been my first clue. So, I reinstalled DT's rom and booted back into the OS just fine. But still wanted to go back to stock, so using Matt's utility I tried restoring back to stock using the 1.40 with 1.41 patch and fastboot files. Well, here comes the dumb part. I tried to do that with a low battery (against Matt's and everyone else's specific instructions not to do), and now it won't finish the restore process because of the low battery. Is my phone absolutely not recoverable at this point? I have a backup phone but would love to get my RAZR up and running again of course.

Any help would be appreciated. I did a search but couldn't find anything specific.

Thanks.

#2 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:51 AM

You need a Factory Style USB cable to restore. It bypasses the battery and provides power directly, allowing the flash process to complete. Unfortunately the cable costs $40 and takes almost a week to arrive. Good luck!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#3 spongers

spongers

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:55 AM

I have the one that came in the box, assuming that isn't the one you are talking about? Know where I can get one? $40 aint bad to fix my phone at this point!

You need a Factory Style USB cable to restore. It bypasses the battery and provides power directly, allowing the flash process to complete. Unfortunately the cable costs $40 and takes almost a week to arrive. Good luck!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#4 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

I have the one that came in the box, assuming that isn't the one you are talking about? Know where I can get one? $40 aint bad to fix my phone at this point!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You can also make your own if you are decent with a soldering iron.

#5 spongers

spongers

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

Thanks! Just ordered it! Thanks for the quick replies, hope I can get it running again!

You can also make your own if you are decent with a soldering iron.

#6 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

Thanks! Just ordered it! Thanks for the quick replies, hope I can get it running again!

This cable will be your best friend before you know it if you are a crack flasher and like to test things for devs. 40 bucks is a lot to most, but if it saves you from having to pay for a new phone, its a no brainer.

Blasted with my AOKP AXI0M[R]

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#7 tyrthas

tyrthas

CassDroid's Personal Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter:@tyrthas
  • Google+:Ron Becker
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

This cable will be your best friend before you know it if you are a crack flasher and like to test things for devs. 40 bucks is a lot to most, but if it saves you from having to pay for a new phone, its a no brainer.

No doubt. I still need to order one. I'll have to wait til I get this check with my new raise on it. But that's my first order. Then most likely my DroidRzr shirt. :lol:

Sent from my AOKP AXI0M[R]

#8 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

No doubt. I still need to order one. I'll have to wait til I get this check with my new raise on it. But that's my first order. Then most likely my DroidRzr shirt.

Those t-shirts are friggin sick. I may need a couple lol

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#9 tyrthas

tyrthas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:14 PM

Those t-shirts are friggin sick. I may need a couple lol

I want entire outfits. Down to boxers and socks lol!

Just wanted to say your doing great around here boss.

To the rest of you listen to this guy's advice. He knows what's up.

That is all. :D

#10 raijin32

raijin32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

I want entire outfits. Down to boxers and socks lol!

Just wanted to say your doing great around here boss.

To the rest of you listen to this guy's advice. He knows what's up.

That is all. :D

Don't sell yourself short bud. You're advice holds much weight as well. My phone wouldn't be up and kicking without your help. ;)
  • tyrthas likes this

#11 tyrthas

tyrthas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

Don't sell yourself short bud. You're advice holds much weight as well. My phone wouldn't be up and kicking without your help.

Stuff (my bad.. been in the hive too much lol) like that is what makes me want to keep learning and helping. Thanks rai! But now I have to live up to that statement :P

#12 checo346

checo346

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:40 AM

Well I did something dumb and idiotic! Was on DT's Axiom ROM and wanted to go back to stock using my nandroid backup, which didn't work as it gave me a can't restore to system. That should have been my first clue. So, I reinstalled DT's rom and booted back into the OS just fine. But still wanted to go back to stock, so using Matt's utility I tried restoring back to stock using the 1.40 with 1.41 patch and fastboot files. Well, here comes the dumb part. I tried to do that with a low battery (against Matt's and everyone else's specific instructions not to do), and now it won't finish the restore process because of the low battery. Is my phone absolutely not recoverable at this point? I have a backup phone but would love to get my RAZR up and running again of course.

Any help would be appreciated. I did a search but couldn't find anything specific.

Thanks.

Don't know how comfortable you guys are taking your phone apart but if it happens to you, you can easily remove the cover, then remove the two batt terminal screws and pry out the battery. Then charge it with a universal batt charger for about 7 hours. How do I know? Because 4 hours is not enough. It crapped out on me at step 17/18. Ha, ha. I restored one recently. The batt terminals are on a flex cable so it is a little tricky to place it on the universal charger.

This might be useful:

#13 MasterAzunai

MasterAzunai

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Google+:Dylan Hewlett

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

I don't know if you solved your problem or not, but you can always pry off the back, unscrew the battery cover, cut the end off a charger, separate the wires inside from the positive to the negative, and then just hold them down on their respective place. Of course you have to be really careful, because putting a negative to a positive will ruin or detonate your battery. But I can vouch for this somewhat jury-rigged method, as I've done it twice myself.
Also, you only need to hold it on for 10-15 minutes.
  • MasterAzunai likes this

#14 ddemlong

ddemlong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

Power down out of fastboot and enter Fastboot mode's main menu, select "tools" after a bit it will either boot up and start charging or give you a batter charging indicator. This worked for me after I was flashing and didn't notice my batt was low.
Droid RAZR Rooted

#15 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:41 AM

Press and hold power and volume down until the screen flickers, release those buttons and quickly press all three side buttons (power, vol up and vol down). When the bootloader menu pops up, plug in the charger. Use the volume down button to scroll to the SBF option and use volume up to select it. Now press and hold the power button for about 3 seconds then release. This will automatically put your phone in the "powered down/charging" mode. Wait till the battery charges all the way then complete a fastboot. I just did this 3 days ago so I know it works.

#16 danieltedwards

danieltedwards

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:26 AM

I'm in a similar situation. SPC, when doing your steps is there supposed to be a battery that shows up to indicate its charging or a light flash or does the screen just stay black. I did all of it and I'm just at a black screen. Please let me know. Thanks.

#17 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

I'm in a similar situation. SPC, when doing your steps is there supposed to be a battery that shows up to indicate its charging or a light flash or does the screen just stay black. I did all of it and I'm just at a black screen. Please let me know. Thanks.

The battery icon should show up indicating it's charging. It may take more than 1 try to get it to work though. I can't find the link to it but I know it's around somewhere.

#18 danieltedwards

danieltedwards

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

I ended up making my own factory wire from a post on xda that I found to bypass the battery low and used matt's utility. Thanks for the help.

#19 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

I ended up making my own factory wire from a post on xda that I found to bypass the battery low and used matt's utility. Thanks for the help.

Not a problem, I just tried it again on mine to confirm and it took about 3 or 4 tries before it worked lol. Sorry I couldn't respond sooner!

Sent from my AXI0M ICS RAZR using tapatalk.

#20 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

Similar problem happened to me, ask some friends and an old blackberry or HTC cable worked with mine.

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk
a what? an android? whats that?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users