278 replies to this topic

#141 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:07 AM

I agree that was insane.  I knew Kanan was gone the minute he cut his hair.  Hell I was wondering if he was about to commit seppuku for crying out loud. I will say his holding back the explosion was freaking badass and then accomplishing the mission.  What a way to go.  And yes Star Dust references were great.  That fight with Rukh was brutal and complete awesomeness.  Bet she wishes she had the dark saber now!  LOL  Ezra has gone off the goddamn deep end.  LOL  Yes, I'm looking forward to next week as well.  Ultimately I'm super excited for the Ezra Palpatine showdown death match.  I wonder who wins?  LOLOLOLOLOL

• johnlgalt and SnydersWeb like this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#142 SnydersWeb

SnydersWeb

Part Time Mountain Sage, Part Time Village Idiot

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 5

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:01 PM

Ezra's fear of the Loth Wolves was a bit... odd considering previous interactions.  Would have expected him to more surrender to them than run.  Given the fact they're about 2x the size of a horse, trying to outrun them would be a futile exercise anyway.  It's like the advice you get in bear country - rule #1 - DON'T RUN!

Thrawn will definitely have words with the good governor about her Pyrrhic victory when he returns.  If he was a force user I'm pretty sure that she would be dead already!   :lol   

Kanan literally went out with a bang, still, the part where his eyes returned at the end is odd.   Still, wow, what a way to go.  It seemed that Hera took heart when Zeb and Sabine gave their analysis.   

Like the rest of you, eagerly waiting to see the rest.

Unresolved threads  - general brain dump here.

• Ahsoka's fate
  • Jedi Temple on Lothal secrets (now)
  • We know through other media Hera survives (she was reported to be on Endor)
  • Ezra's final destiny
  • Thrawn - was wonderful to see him pulled into the Disney SW universe... but what to do with him...a guy of that caliber most certainly would have been at least seen in the movies.  So how to deal with his existence now...

• johnlgalt likes this
"Faith and reason are the shoes on your feet! You can travel further with both than you can with just one."
- J. Michael Straczynski

#143 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:29 PM

We know Ahsoka's fate.  She is indeed dead.  However, her spirit may live on in a bird like creature.  Maybe.  But ultimately she did die.

The Jedi temple on Lothal is interesting.  I think that Ezra will see another vision of Yoda there.

Hera was on Hoth for sure, yes.

Ezra is going to lose to Palpatine.  Whether that means he succumbs to the dark side or dies is currently unknown.  Will be a fun fight to watch.

Thrawn may possibly die.

• johnlgalt likes this

#144 SnydersWeb

SnydersWeb

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:59 PM

Just watched the trailer again....

You're likely right though I haven't seen anything though that stated Ahsoka's fate unambiguously - that it has been left without detail.  Yes the Convor thing and Ahsoka have been linked - and hopefully that will be more clearly defined.

The temple definitely comes to play a pivotal role.  Will be fun to see as it unravels.  

On Ezra/Palpatine:   The only thing made clear is only that Palpatine knows of Ezra.  The trailer shows Palpatine speaking Ezra's name but not getting into a direct fight.  Palpatine, safe to say would absolutely destroy Ezra.  All Jedi are force users, but not all force users are Jedi.   In some respects he is, in others he's not.   Would a Bendu follower necessarily be considered a Jedi?   The producers have stated that the show will not counter the point of Luke being the last of the Jedi, so how they handle that question is what is more of interest.  Ezra could potentially survive provided he's 1. Not a Jedi and 2. Doesn't come in direct contact with Palpatine.   Though yes, an encounter with Palpatine could pull him to the dark side though it doesn't leave things tidy.  Guess we'll see.

• johnlgalt likes this
"Faith and reason are the shoes on your feet! You can travel further with both than you can with just one."
- J. Michael Straczynski

#145 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:12 PM

I've read a lot of articles from our buddy Mr Filoni which is why I say she's dead.  It's not SUPER likely that we'll see any more of her story addressed but not impossible.

I completely agree on the temple.

He does.  The trailer they've been showing lately is not the full trailer.  I'd have to look it up again but there is a much longer trailer that shows palpatine and ezra fighting.  And palpatine is using his force lightning.  It's not going to end well.

#146 JB678

JB678

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationNorth Suburbs Chicago
  • Current Device(s):Moto X

Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:49 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I haven't watched the Forces of Destiny shorts yet but it's canon that Hera is alive all the way to Endor.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• johnlgalt, SamuriHL and SnydersWeb like this

#147 SnydersWeb

SnydersWeb

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:17 PM

So things are more fluid than both thought. This article suggests that Ezra can indeed live and be a Jedi.

Also https://nerdist.com/star-wars-rebels-death-dave-filoni-kanan-jarrus/ Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  • johnlgalt likes this
- J. Michael Straczynski

#148 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:55 PM

That's a bit of a stretch.  I mean can he make that claim?  Sure, he definitely can.  You could make the argument that Ahsoka's not a Jedi, cause, well, she wasn't.  You could make the argument that Ezra never finalized his training to become a proper Jedi because, well, Kanan was quite frankly a sucky Jedi.  (I want to be clear I very much like Kanan's character, but, when it comes to being a Jedi, he's not very good at it).  Obviously they both grew as their experience taught them, but, Ezra for sure is not a full on Jedi Knight the way Luke was at the end of RotJ.  So, sure, could Ezra survive?  Yea....he could.....but it's not JUST that line that Yoda says "when gone am I the last of the Jedi will you be" that concerns me about that.  "That boy was our last hope."  "No, there is another."  If Ezra were still kicking, Obi-Wan or Yoda could have trained him instead of Luke since he was much further along than Luke.  So why wouldn't Ezra bring hope in that instance?  Yoda is talking about Leia in that particular scene, certainly not Ezra.  So, I call it a very big stretch for Dave to go there.  

#149 SnydersWeb

SnydersWeb

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:17 PM

That's a bit of a stretch. I mean can he make that claim? Sure, he definitely can. You could make the argument that Ahsoka's not a Jedi, cause, well, she wasn't. You could make the argument that Ezra never finalized his training to become a proper Jedi because, well, Kanan was quite frankly a sucky Jedi. (I want to be clear I very much like Kanan's character, but, when it comes to being a Jedi, he's not very good at it). Obviously they both grew as their experience taught them, but, Ezra for sure is not a full on Jedi Knight the way Luke was at the end of RotJ. So, sure, could Ezra survive? Yea....he could.....but it's not JUST that line that Yoda says "when gone am I the last of the Jedi will you be" that concerns me about that. "That boy was our last hope." "No, there is another." If Ezra were still kicking, Obi-Wan or Yoda could have trained him instead of Luke since he was much further along than Luke. So why wouldn't Ezra bring hope in that instance? Yoda is talking about Leia in that particular scene, certainly not Ezra. So, I call it a very big stretch for Dave to go there.

The video is worth watching too:

It's interesting finally seeing Steven Blum. I've heard his voice for years and am a fan yet never knew what he looked like. He voiced Spike Spiegel in Cowboy Bebop - an excellent character!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• johnlgalt and SamuriHL like this
- J. Michael Straczynski

#150 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:39 PM

Holy f***ing s***!!!!  I can't even with these episodes tonight.  WOW!!!!!!!!!!!  20 minutes to go

#151 JB678

JB678

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:43 PM

The music at the end of the first episode was giving me a Indiana Jones vibe. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  • johnlgalt and SamuriHL like this

#152 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:44 PM

That's really funny cuz I thought the same thing I said to my son hey look Indiana Ezra LOL

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• johnlgalt and JB678 like this

#153 SnydersWeb

SnydersWeb

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:59 PM

Downloaded them to my phone and just watched them... Wow... so.. it would seem that Ahsoka lives!   

Still, just nuts.. not sure where they go from here.   

Here we go:

• johnlgalt likes this
- J. Michael Straczynski

#154 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:06 PM

So, in the interests of spoilers, here is food for though on Rebels:

And I know someone earlier said Ahoka was (possibly) alive.  And now we have the end-all be-all of plot twists, eh?

• SnydersWeb likes this

#155 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:13 PM

Well, it now officially makes time travel cannon.  Which is insane.  He kept teasing things about Ahsoka but with so few episodes left I honestly didn't think he was going to bring her back.  Especially the way he did.  That was absolutely nuts.  With two left I don't know where they go from here.

#156 SnydersWeb

SnydersWeb

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:31 PM

Well, it now officially makes time travel cannon.  Which is insane.  He kept teasing things about Ahsoka but with so few episodes left I honestly didn't think he was going to bring her back.  Especially the way he did.  That was absolutely nuts.  With two left I don't know where they go from here.

You and me both!  Hell, I was saying Ahsoka was living only because death in these shows is usually rather explicit.   So the implicit nature of it left the door open.  Not saying I could have predicted what they just served us!    ;)   I confess I was giggling a bit thinking of you when that happened.   

So Schrodinger's Padawan lives... what they do with her is a different question.

• johnlgalt likes this
- J. Michael Straczynski

#157 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:52 PM

I thought the finale was 3 back to back episodes?

• SnydersWeb and JB678 like this

#158 JB678

JB678

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:34 PM

Well, it now officially makes time travel cannon. Which is insane. He kept teasing things about Ahsoka but with so few episodes left I honestly didn't think he was going to bring her back. Especially the way he did. That was absolutely nuts. With two left I don't know where they go from here.

Actually I thought there were 2 episodes left but I read today that there is actually 3 episodes next week.

#159 JB678

JB678

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:35 PM

Damn ninja'd by John.

• johnlgalt likes this

#160 SnydersWeb

SnydersWeb

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:38 PM

I thought the finale was 3 back to back episodes?

On my TiVo app I saw only 2 more... but sometimes the listings can be a bit...fluxy until the day.

• johnlgalt likes this
- J. Michael Straczynski

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Spoilers, Last Jedi, Star Wars

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users