• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Twitter:@LookAtEmSpreadn
  • Google+:jase5273@gmail.com
  • LocationColumbus, OH
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

Experiencing the same problem with the camera after flashing the ENERGY ROM on 4.1.2. - camera FC with message "Cant connect to the camera" or "Camera is unable to initialize" or "Unfortunately, Camera has stopped".

Flashing of the archive from previous post doesn`t help. Or I should flash it with an unlocked bootloader?

I think I'm having the same issue, except I'm on 4.1.1. Same camera issue. Wonder if it's the same with 4.1.1 as well?

#122 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

I think it has to do with the system versions. Your stock is 4.1.2, but NRG is 4.1.1, so it might not jive perfectly.
  • neckchop and LarrysAndroid like this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#123 LarrysAndroid

LarrysAndroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr M

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:57 PM

Does this work with the July 10, 2013 update? Also can we use Theme Chooser with this ROM?

#124 LarrysAndroid

LarrysAndroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

I think it has to do with the system versions. Your stock is 4.1.2, but NRG is 4.1.1, so it might not jive perfectly.

Does this work with Theme Chooser or can we tweak status bar icons with this ROM?

#125 mva1985

mva1985

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

Boot animation is awesome...  will be doing more testing on my razr m

Used SafeStrap to flash this rom

Thank you!

#126 mva1985

mva1985

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:54 PM

Okay I did have a problem with my camera after flashing this rom.  I was unable to find any way to resolve it.

#127 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Google+:tbd7171@gmail.com
  • LocationKodak, TN
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

This ROM was based off an older kernel if your on the new kernel your camera will not work If you were unlocked you could simply flash back to the kernel it's using but I'm assuming that's not the case Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
  • mva1985 likes this

#128 LarrysAndroid

LarrysAndroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

If we are locked and Root will our camera work?

#129 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

If we are locked and Root will our camera work?

The camera will take pictures, but you won't be able to get into your gallery or view the pic as you're taking it.  It's a kernel issue.  This was based on 4.1.1, if you're locked you're on 4.1.2.  

#130 jesseg91631

jesseg91631

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:07 AM

I am having trouble installing this rom, I keep installing the latest ROM for energy but SS keeps telling me that there is no OS installed when I reboot. Do I need to install the first version then the send over it?

#131 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:24 AM

I am having trouble installing this rom, I keep installing the latest ROM for energy but SS keeps telling me that there is no OS installed when I reboot. Do I need to install the first version then the send over it?

Do you have an unlocked bootloader or are you trying to flash this with Safestrap?  

#132 jesseg91631

jesseg91631

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:31 AM

Do you have an unlocked bootloader or are you trying to flash this with Safestrap?  

Yes I have an unlocked boot loader and I usually use tcwm. I am trying to flash it with safestrap. I created Rom slot 1 and wiped everything. I then installed it and it says successful but when I hit reboot, it warns me that there is no OS installed and it just boots to a black screen.

#133 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

Yes I have an unlocked boot loader and I usually use tcwm. I am trying to flash it with safestrap. I created Rom slot 1 and wiped everything. I then installed it and it says successful but when I hit reboot, it warns me that there is no OS installed and it just boots to a black screen.

A. This ROM is out dated at 4.1.1
B. This ROM is installed via ss
C. If your bootloader is unlocked, I would uninstall ss and stick with twrp as my recovery
D. Try installing a more up to date ROM via twrp.

Sent from my Droid Razr M using Tapatalk 4

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#134 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

It should have booted on Slot 1, but you might have a problem with the kernels not agreeing and this might be causing the issue.   Like Jco said, get rid of Safestrap and install an aftermarket recovery.  When you do that, and if you still want to use this ROM, you can find one that was modified to work on an unlocked bootloader.  Unfortunately, I can't open Dev-host at work, but if you search for "timpohladthomas" on there you will find some ROMs that he modified to work on TWRP/CWM.  I think it's called "NRG_fixed" or something like that.  BTW, for stock based ROMs this was one of my favorites.  I haven't used it in about 4 months but I still have it stored as a backup.  

#135 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

It should have booted on Slot 1, but you might have a problem with the kernels not agreeing and this might be causing the issue.   Like Jco said, get rid of Safestrap and install an aftermarket recovery.  When you do that, and if you still want to use this ROM, you can find one that was modified to work on an unlocked bootloader.  Unfortunately, I can't open Dev-host at work, but if you search for "timpohladthomas" on there you will find some ROMs that he modified to work on TWRP/CWM.  I think it's called "NRG_fixed" or something like that.  BTW, for stock based ROMs this was one of my favorites.  I haven't used it in about 4 months but I still have it stored as a backup.  

agreed - best theme too.  really wish the dev would give us just one more hit...

• RikRong likes this

#136 Ethan82691

Ethan82691

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Google+:blindside7x@gmail.com
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

Looking at this post I see that there is a colorpurple image.. is there a purple theme for this Rom?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ethan82691

#137 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:11 PM

I don't believe there is a purple theme.  The screenshots are posted in the third post.  I ran this for a while and the metallic blue/silver is a pretty cool theme.

#138 Ethan82691

Ethan82691

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

Is this the only rom that can be run through SafeStrap? My camera force closes too...

Ethan82691

#139 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

Is this the only rom that can be run through SafeStrap? My camera force closes too...

I think there are a few more, but this was the best IMHO.  the camera app force closes b/c you're on a newer kernel.  this ROM's camera app needs the old kernel.

so my advice is to stick with what you've got and be happy with it.  use your root to clean out any bloatware.

#140 Ethan82691

Ethan82691

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

I think there are a few more, but this was the best IMHO. the camera app force closes b/c you're on a newer kernel. this ROM's camera app needs the old kernel.

so my advice is to stick with what you've got and be happy with it. use your root to clean out any bloatware.

Thank you for the info

Ethan82691

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users