#182 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

I can't believe this conversation is still going on! When I posted last night that all I could do is smile was because its ridiculous! Now its just stupid. Honestly people there are some that may have legitimate questions or input about the soak test yet the thread is over run by stuff that completely off topic! Some of you mat ask why I even feel I could leave input due to the fact that I'm not around much anymore.. well this is a perfect example of why! No one is "special" here.. members, themers, devlopers all the same in my book. If you've been around android for anytime you should already know that kanging is going to happen! Get over it!!! Not a single one of us has invented the wheel here. If someone uses something you fell is rightly yours... Ask them to post a credit! Then get over it!!! What does it really matter!? Is it disrespectful yes! Guess what.... It happens and will keep happening! I've been "kanged" once and will be again... Anyone ever seen me make a production out of it? I promise you if people would start working together more then bickering it would not only be less stressful & more fun, but also more productive.

Rant over!

for those that haven't spun this thread out of control.. enjoy the soak and let us know what you think!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

The soak is over. The OTA is being pushed now. This thread is obsolete now.

And there is A WHOLE LOT MORE to this story than you know. I'm pretty sure you'd have the same opinion as the rest of us if you were up to speed.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#183 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

Could anyone pull the current gmscore.apk for me? Also since its a system app how do it set the permissions?

Try grabbing the GSM core apk from here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also the odex file. The permissions will be the same as all the other files in your system/app/ folder :)

edit: looks like someone may be grabbing it for you so i guess you may ignore this :)

#184 mudvayne622

mudvayne622

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

Doing some research i found that when i installed the stupid photoschere it changed my GmsCore.apk Now i need the correct one.

Droid RAZR Maxx HD Unlocked/Rooted (JB Stock 4.1.2)

#185 stewie griffin

stewie griffin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

I'm getting a message saying I'm not allowed to send this type of file. Maybe I can email or pm you with it

#186 mudvayne622

mudvayne622

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

I'm getting a message saying I'm not allowed to send this type of file. Maybe I can email or pm you with it

Pm me

#187 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

The soak is over. The OTA is being pushed now. This thread is obsolete now.

And there is A WHOLE LOT MORE to this story than you know. I'm pretty sure you'd have the same opinion as the rest of us if you were up to speed.

Oh but I am up to speed sir... havent really been posting much but I've been checking in. My point doesn't necessarily have to do with this thread in general. But the fact that kanging will happen! No one is special or exempt. I understand and appreciate those that feel disrespected but to many times a huge production is made out of it!!! I mean ask yourself at the end of the what does it matter really. If someone has been flagged for kanging multiple times the admin needs to handle it. But to bicker back and forth does no good! That's my point.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

#188 stewie griffin

stewie griffin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

Just unzip the file, paste to system/app and wr-r--r

Attached Files

#189 Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

The soak made my time off work with a racked back much more tolerable. Got BOTH daily, and 'project' Razrs running great. Is it feasible to transplant SuperSU for the superuser installed during the SmartActions exploit root? Thanks, and high praise, to all CREDIBLE devs! Truly top-notch support.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• prstorero likes this

#190 mudvayne622

mudvayne622

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

How do i install this anyway? Just like a regular app? It may say im a noob(just noob here) but i modded the hell out out of my DX ,its just been a while since i had to install a system app.

Nvm i got it. Thank you. Gotta go to work now. Will update later

#191 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

How do i install this anyway? Just like a regular app? It may say im a noob(just noob here) but i modded the hell out out of my DX ,its just been a while since i had to install a system app.

Use a root file explorer and move the file into system/app/ and set permissions that were stated above :)

#192 stewie griffin

stewie griffin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

Nvm i got it. Thank you. Gotta go to work now. Will update later

I think I may have used a theme or something you made and posted in droidxforums a few years ago, or maybe it was something for the RAZR. Not sure, but glad I could help :-). Just use root explorer to paste to system/app

#193 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

Holy crap its been a long time since I heard that name. I was running his roms on my Droid 1 for a while before I found out all the things that happened with him and I don't even know who. I remember that there was a blog of sorts out there on the net that explained the whole story though. When he finally left the Droid 1 dev world he did at the cost of pissing people off again.I still have his roms on my old laptop and may even have a couple UD roms sitting on my Droid 1 lol.

I used them for a long time too - I even did tests between the UD ROMs and the CM / other ROMs it was kanged from and none of them came close to performance and stability.

Wow now we are going old school with the UD roms. I ran those until the incident you mentioned then followed cvpcs and Chevy for a while. With slayher kernels. Then switched to raidzeros stuff and his tgz ROM format I think it was. Sorry if I went completely off topic. Just fun to reminisce.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Don't see you around, much, but I do recognize your name from back then. I tried a little of ... Everything lol. I was right along with the other original crackflashers, testing left and right on the OG. Those days were fun lol.

I think its safe to say that this went off topic well before your post. I actually had been running UD ROMs for a while before I heard about what went down. I guess by the time I entered, things happened, things got civil, and people moved on. I did like UD 3.1.1 but when BD disappeared after the storms hit Nashville I went to Liquid ROMs and never turned back. The biggest thing I like with UD ROMs was the look. That black/red theme he used was sick.

My opinions/views provided free of charge courtesy of Tapatalk on my Nexus 7 or Moto RAZR.

I was there right up until the end, on his website, and the guy who was generously donating space and BW for it up and posted a long rant bout how BD had outright lied directly to him and he pulled the site in a matter of hours after finding out. At that point I moved on and played with Liquid's stuff for a while, and then finally moved to CM7 (GB based) until I retired the OG for the BIONIC. Then I decided to be funny and put Altonus ICS on the DROID and it's now my alarm clock :D

Oh but I am up to speed sir... havent really been posting much but I've been checking in. My point doesn't necessarily have to do with this thread in general. But the fact that kanging will happen! No one is special or exempt. I understand and appreciate those that feel disrespected but to many times a huge production is made out of it!!! I mean ask yourself at the end of the what does it matter really. If someone has been flagged for kanging multiple times the admin needs to handle it. But to bicker back and forth does no good! That's my point.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

First of all, let me say this: I know (well, I think anyway :P) you understand this, so this write up is not directed so much at you as it is to everyone reading / who has read / who will read this thread partially or in its entirety.

The only reason the back and forth existed is that the mods and admins were trying to respect the individual POV and opinions of this user, but he kept repeatedly attacking people (quite possibly while / because he thought he himself was being attacked - and, based upon the IP comments Tucs made, well, if it really was a reincarnation of R3DS himself, then yes, he was being attacked - by the truth). The rest of the posts were not only for future clarification purposes but to lay the groundwork on two fronts: 1) kanging is not tolerated and the admins here mean it, and 2) that the admins are not playing favorites - they substantiate each and every claim when a problem arises and the issue is then dealt with fairly based upon the evidence.

I supported the the new claim of kanging by providing even more evidence showing that in fact, there was yet another instance of kanging occurring by the same developer, which only further supports the premise that all that particular themer is doing is kanging work from others and claiming to make new ROMs, when in fact they are not anything substantially new, but also in particular lying about where he obtains his sources from for the base of his ROMs. The reason the commentary and the substantiation continued was becuase, as Tucs mentioned, the soak was over, so this thread was actually now useless, and since it had already derailed, it was moved here to the Off topic lounge so it could continue in this fashion as long as it wanted to without detracting from the rast of tjhe forums.

HTH

#194 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

tmyinc and john, did you guys use the same screen names back on the UD forums? its funny that we were all around there at the same time. I don't think i commented a lot but really can't remember lol. That rom was a seriously great rom though and my fav by far till BD left the way he did.

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#195 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

I've only ever used johnlgalt or johngalt for screen names lol.

I'm still a guide over at AF, as a matter of fact -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I don't know about other places, but I definitely remember tmyinc (at AF, I think...) - b/c I remember always reading it as Timmy in NC, until I noticed that there was only *1* 'N' in the nic lol...

#196 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

Since we are on the subject of kanging, didn't Ultimate Droid get busted for kanging and not giving credit? I could be wrong, but it seems like that's why I quit using ud ROMs on my og droid.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#197 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

Just throwing this out there because I saw someone ask about it earlier I believe. The Photosphere camera that comes with 4.2 will NOT work on the RAZR. The RAZR doesn't contain a "gyroscope" therefore you cannot take photosphere pics. Hope that helps whoever was asking about it :)

#198 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

I used them for a long time too - I even did tests between the UD ROMs and the CM / other ROMs it was kanged from and none of them came close to performance and stability.

Don't see you around, much, but I do recognize your name from back then. I tried a little of ... Everything lol. I was right along with the other original crackflashers, testing left and right on the OG. Those days were fun lol.

I was there right up until the end, on his website, and the guy who was generously donating space and BW for it up and posted a long rant bout how BD had outright lied directly to him and he pulled the site in a matter of hours after finding out. At that point I moved on and played with Liquid's stuff for a while, and then finally moved to CM7 (GB based) until I retired the OG for the BIONIC. Then I decided to be funny and put Altonus ICS on the DROID and it's now my alarm clock :D

First of all, let me say this: I know (well, I think anyway :P) you understand this, so this write up is not directed so much at you as it is to everyone reading / who has read / who will read this thread partially or in its entirety.

The only reason the back and forth existed is that the mods and admins were trying to respect the individual POV and opinions of this user, but he kept repeatedly attacking people (quite possibly while / because he thought he himself was being attacked - and, based upon the IP comments Tucs made, well, if it really was a reincarnation of R3DS himself, then yes, he was being attacked - by the truth). The rest of the posts were not only for future clarification purposes but to lay the groundwork on two fronts: 1) kanging is not tolerated and the admins here mean it, and 2) that the admins are not playing favorites - they substantiate each and every claim when a problem arises and the issue is then dealt with fairly based upon the evidence.

I supported the the new claim of kanging by providing even more evidence showing that in fact, there was yet another instance of kanging occurring by the same developer, which only further supports the premise that all that particular themer is doing is kanging work from others and claiming to make new ROMs, when in fact they are not anything substantially new, but also in particular lying about where he obtains his sources from for the base of his ROMs. The reason the commentary and the substantiation continued was becuase, as Tucs mentioned, the soak was over, so this thread was actually now useless, and since it had already derailed, it was moved here to the Off topic lounge so it could continue in this fashion as long as it wanted to without detracting from the rast of tjhe forums.

HTH

I fully understand that :-P lol...

I hope the point I was trying to make came through. All I was trying to say is that we should be able to work together. I have always been big on that! If someone doesn't play by the rules.. then it should be handled accordingly. But the bickering doesn't help the situation. If I remember correctly the "particular themer" in question was pleasantly asked to leave before for the same reason. My question is.... Why was he allowed back? Shame me once shame on you, shame me twice shame on me!

I do admit... I didn't realize this thread had been moved. I blame Tapatalk for that! Lol..

Life really is all about how you approach a situation. All I want from this is had that "particular themer" approached the accuser to begin with for help.. would he have received it? Everyone could use a helping hand once in awhile and everyone makes mistakes. The big problem here was when questioned about the situation is how he reacted. A simple sorry man Ill post credit I'm hoping would've sufficed.

#199 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

Just throwing this out there because I saw someone ask about it earlier I believe. The Photosphere camera that comes with 4.2 will NOT work on the RAZR. The RAZR doesn't contain a "gyroscope" therefore you cannot take photosphere pics. Hope that helps whoever was asking about it :)

Who asked for your thoughts! :-P lol ok..

You wouldn't happen to feel like twrp theme for the DNA would you? Haha

#200 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

Who asked for your thoughts! :-P lol ok..

You wouldn't happen to feel like twrp theme for the DNA would you? Haha

If you're using the official TWRP and not a port, they should still work just fine :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users