• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#161 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

Had you'd been on control from the beginning without these unethical practices, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Sorry, bro.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

Are you saying i should have been in control of the situation? Sorry i must be tired because I'm having trouble interpreting what you meant haha

#162 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

The funny thing is that this is probably the third time I've been involved (as a spectator and commentator) in this type of BS.

Blackdroid was the first. Back in the day...

#163 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

Yeah, I'm lost on what he meant there too lol....It's past his bed time.

#164 usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm

Berserker

• Developer
  • 958 posts
  • Twitter:@usmcamgrimm
  • LocationMassillon, OH
  • Current Device(s):VZW G3

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

My 2 cents, for what it's worth... I love this site. I've been in contact with Devs here that do AMAZING work, and have helped me immensely in learning how to create themes. And for that I thank them, for sharing their knowledge with me. And in the posts for the themes I've published, I've shown appreciation for the devs and members that help me out. It's not that hard to type "Thanks to....."

Just saying....

With that said, if you don't like it here and can't stand the devs or admins or anyone, then why not just go somewhere else? This isn't Woodbury, I'm pretty sure no one is forcing unhappy members to stay.

Exodus-Sig%204.png

#165 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:29 AM

The funny thing is that this is probably the third time I've been involved (as a spectator and commentator) in this type of BS.

Blackdroid was the first. Back in the day...

Holy crap its been a long time since I heard that name. I was running his roms on my Droid 1 for a while before I found out all the things that happened with him and I don't even know who. I remember that there was a blog of sorts out there on the net that explained the whole story though. When he finally left the Droid 1 dev world he did at the cost of pissing people off again.I still have his roms on my old laptop and may even have a couple UD roms sitting on my Droid 1 lol.
  • johnlgalt likes this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#166 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:17 AM

Holy crap its been a long time since I heard that name. I was running his roms on my Droid 1 for a while before I found out all the things that happened with him and I don't even know who. I remember that there was a blog of sorts out there on the net that explained the whole story though. When he finally left the Droid 1 dev world he did at the cost of pissing people off again.I still have his roms on my old laptop and may even have a couple UD roms sitting on my Droid 1 lol.

Wow now we are going old school with the UD roms. I ran those until the incident you mentioned then followed cvpcs and Chevy for a while. With slayher kernels. Then switched to raidzeros stuff and his tgz ROM format I think it was. Sorry if I went completely off topic. Just fun to reminisce.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

• johnlgalt likes this

#167 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

Wow now we are going old school with the UD roms. I ran those until the incident you mentioned then followed cvpcs and Chevy for a while. With slayher kernels. Then switched to raidzeros stuff and his tgz ROM format I think it was. Sorry if I went completely off topic. Just fun to reminisce.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I think its safe to say that this went off topic well before your post. I actually had been running UD ROMs for a while before I heard about what went down. I guess by the time I entered, things happened, things got civil, and people moved on. I did like UD 3.1.1 but when BD disappeared after the storms hit Nashville I went to Liquid ROMs and never turned back. The biggest thing I like with UD ROMs was the look. That black/red theme he used was sick.

My opinions/views provided free of charge courtesy of Tapatalk on my Nexus 7 or Moto RAZR.

• johnlgalt likes this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#168 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:32 AM

Morning everyone,

Had a Good Morning creating with the OTA update...So I hit Download...than to make Coffee...Notice that the Green Android Guy with a Triangle Exclamation Point just sitting their...

On the X-mas JB

What does this mean? I did Arbort the download...Did I jump to soon? Any whooo my OTA D-load is pending

Its Bubba

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#169 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:51 AM

You know I couldn't help myself look at the link that Tucs posted and wouldn't you know it all the options that he built into his settings menu he took from Rootuser94. Sad this will never end

vtc.png

#170 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

It's not that difficult to ask for permission to use others work providing that credit is given. If permission is declined than maybe ask for assistance in achieving whatever results. This comunity is full of individuals who at many times have gone above and beyond to give their time in assisting me in doing things...and I pass that knowledge along to others....giving credit to those who have helped me! It's really a shame how nasty these things can get.
  • B.E.McAllister likes this

#171 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

It's not that difficult to ask for permission to use others work providing that credit is given. If permission is declined than maybe ask for assistance in achieving whatever results. This comunity is full of individuals who at many times have gone above and beyond to give their time in assisting me in doing things...and I pass that knowledge along to others....giving credit to those who have helped me! It's really a shame how nasty these things can get.

:) Okay my friends can someone answer my question please...the download flat lined at at Green Android guy...

Need some love...:D

Its Bubba
~Stubborn In Your Bones~
*FlyingJelly*

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#172 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:14 AM

This isn't Woodbury, I'm pretty sure no one is forcing unhappy members to stay.

Bonus points for Walking dead reference. :D
  • usmcamgrimm likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#173 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

You know I couldn't help myself look at the link that Tucs posted and wouldn't you know it all the options that he built into his settings menu he took from Rootuser94. Sad this will never end

Seriously? LMFAO. This guy is the WORST! I wonder if he used the .png's from Rootuser or if he just jacked the entire Settings.apk? I wouldn't be surprised.

Are you saying i should have been in control of the situation? Sorry i must be tired because I'm having trouble interpreting what you meant haha

No, no, no. Not THIS situation. I'm talking about when this guy stole your work from your Fuzion rom. The power toggles and the power menu stuff. You don't remember that? That's what I was referring to, not this kang. The last kang, lol. I know...its hard to keep track with this guy.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#174 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

No, no, no. Not THIS situation. I'm talking about when this guy stole your work from your Fuzion rom. The power toggles and the power menu stuff. You don't remember that? That's what I was referring to, not this kang. The last kang, lol. I know...its hard to keep track with this guy.

Oh well of course i remember that haha, like i said i was tired so i was just having trouble interpreting your message :P

#175 mudvayne622

mudvayne622

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

I tried installing the update but i get "assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/GmsCore.apk. and a bunchy of #s. Any ideas?

Droid RAZR Maxx HD Unlocked/Rooted (JB Stock 4.1.2)

#176 stewie griffin

stewie griffin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

Sorry for reposting this here, but seems to have been overlooked on the "ota pushed" thread. Since it is part of the ota, I figured I'd post here. I noticed these options in settings>screen lock and security but hadn't seen them mentioned or noticed by anyone else yet. Could these be related to possible boot loader unlocking in the future, or allow different kernels? Any thoughts or explanations would be appreciated

Attached Files

#177 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

I tried installing the update but i get "assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/GmsCore.apk. and a bunchy of #s. Any ideas?

Sounds like you don't have the correct GmsCore apk that the update is looking for

#178 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

I can't believe this conversation is still going on! When I posted last night that all I could do is smile was because its ridiculous! Now its just stupid. Honestly people there are some that may have legitimate questions or input about the soak test yet the thread is over run by stuff that completely off topic! Some of you mat ask why I even feel I could leave input due to the fact that I'm not around much anymore.. well this is a perfect example of why! No one is "special" here.. members, themers, devlopers all the same in my book. If you've been around android for anytime you should already know that kanging is going to happen! Get over it!!! Not a single one of us has invented the wheel here. If someone uses something you fell is rightly yours... Ask them to post a credit! Then get over it!!! What does it really matter!? Is it disrespectful yes! Guess what.... It happens and will keep happening! I've been "kanged" once and will be again... Anyone ever seen me make a production out of it? I promise you if people would start working together more then bickering it would not only be less stressful & more fun, but also more productive.

Rant over!

for those that haven't spun this thread out of control.. enjoy the soak and let us know what you think!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

#179 mudvayne622

mudvayne622

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

Could anyone pull the current gmscore.apk for me? Also since its a system app how do it set the permissions?

Droid RAZR Maxx HD Unlocked/Rooted (JB Stock 4.1.2)

#180 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

Could anyone pull the current gmscore.apk for me? Also since its a system app how do it set the permissions?

I don't have the APK. But permissions are rw-r--r--

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users