Photo

ROM Compatibility Flasher Tool! Switch between Jellybean Kernels with ease.

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#101 simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

My guess would be that you werent in the correct folder/directory when you ran the script. Others didnt change it to executable. I run everything from a Terminal window as I am old and oldschool. :)

Some ppl also said they had to increase the pauses from 40 seconds to 80....

There werent really enough details in your post to decipher the reall issue. We can talk about it in the chatroom if you like, but its busy today with the Unlocked Bootloaders....

well just to give you the details, heres what i did:

1) opened terminal
2) changed directories by entering

cd (dragging folder to terminal)

3) typed commands from OP exactly. even copy/paste commands the second time
4) chose the proper command to run (ie; update to OTA kernel from AP fastboot)

terminal would just hang. waited for 2 minutes and nothing. and yes my phone was in fastboot mode.

not expecting you to give me a complete walkthrough atm, just wanted to give you a better idea as to what i did. maybe we can talk about it later or maybe tomrrow when the chatroom isnt so busy. thanks for giving me some ideas tho :)

#102 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

Much better info. Sounds right....not sure. :)

Like I said, I often will use my Win7 Vm, since it always works easier than the Mac.

#103 simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

Much better info. Sounds right....not sure. :)

Like I said, I often will use my Win7 Vm, since it always works easier than the Mac.

This is true lol I just would just like to get used to working with terminal and commands as I feel learning the long way helps with understanding how things work. Thanks for replying :D

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#104 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

When the chat room settles and you feel like stopping by, we can chat, or even do a Team Viewer session if you like. See if we can figure it out

#105 19psi

19psi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationKY
  • Current Device(s):OG RAZR

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

guys, I utilized the utility successfully to install a ROM for the leaked version of JB. However, it appears that I lost root in doing so. I have the ROM I wnat, but I can't do anything that requires root. Is this becuase it's basically a new oS and needs to  be rooted again? 

OG RAZR 

#106 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

guys, I utilized the utility successfully to install a ROM for the leaked version of JB. However, it appears that I lost root in doing so. I have the ROM I wnat, but I can't do anything that requires root. Is this becuase it's basically a new oS and needs to  be rooted again? 

That doesn't sound right.  If you were able to install a rom you  must have safestrap working.  If so, you have root.  At least on your stock rom.  Any rom you install should already be rooted.  I'd try flashing the rom again if you don't have root on it now.  You should have.

• cmh714 likes this

#107 DroRzr

DroRzr

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Nexus7

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:05 AM

I think those that "know", do understand what this is. but theres many thinking this is it. as in the latest greatest JB. I certainly meant only to clarify for the masses, if it wasnt clear.
Droid Razr via Tapatalk I am not a wiz, and there are lots of folks (like me) learning the steps and falling as we digest and move forward😄 I think your comment was quite kind. And, if it saved one person, it was worth your effort.
  • cmh714 likes this

#108 mikelikesbikes

mikelikesbikes

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:mikelikesbikes100
  • LocationLexington, KY

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

Hi can someone help me out here. I have read through this thread and I still cannot figure this out. When I've tried running this it boots to the error screen. I want to use it via ap fastboot. Do I run it in and catch it with safe strap beforeit boots completely? Do I run it on my non safe side, wipe my preferred slot and then flash? Sorry for the simple questions. I have never had any trouble with these utilities before. (Thank you mattlgroff for saving my rear many times using your utilities by the way.) Anyone willing to shed some light on this would be greatly appreciated.

#109 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

Hi can someone help me out here. I have read through this thread and I still cannot figure this out. When I've tried running this it boots to the error screen. I want to use it via ap fastboot. Do I run it in and catch it with safe strap beforeit boots completely? Do I run it on my non safe side, wipe my preferred slot and then flash? Sorry for the simple questions. I have never had any trouble with these utilities before. (Thank you mattlgroff for saving my rear many times using your utilities by the way.) Anyone willing to shed some light on this would be greatly appreciated.

Run it in Fastboot. Load Kernel you want. Then reboot to recovery(SS) and flash the rom you want to run in a slot on your safe side. Then reboot into that rom. Hope this helps...

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#110 mikelikesbikes

mikelikesbikes

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. So I catch the reboot with SS BEFORE it boots all the way to the start screen after running the utility. I got that cryptograph (or something) error cause I let it boot completely.

#111 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

Basically the "kernel" and the rom need to match. You use Fastboot to flash back and forth between the 2 kernels, .8 is Xmas and .16 the OTA from March.

As long as the kernel matches the rom, you will boot up, if not, you get a black screen. If you get the black screen, you can flash the correct kernel again, or you can select a rom in a different slot that matches to boot.

HTH

#112 mikelikesbikes

mikelikesbikes

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

OK I am gonna give it another shot. Been waiting on my battery to charge completely beforehand. Will post back. Thanks for the help.

#113 mikelikesbikes

mikelikesbikes

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

Cool, all is good. I was letting the phone boot up completely and not catching it with SS after running the utility. That's all I was doing wrong. Letting the phone sit on my .8 ROM welcome screen. Thank you very much. This is why I always get all my info from here. Thanks again.
  • cmh714 likes this

#114 mrbiggleswurth3

mrbiggleswurth3

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

I plugged my phone in ran this utility and noting happens to I have to b in flash more or have some ota files please help 

#115 simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

I plugged my phone in ran this utility and noting happens to I have to b in flash more or have some ota files please help

Put your phone in fastboot mode by powering your phone on and holding down both volume buttons. Then select AP Fastboot. Then choose whatever kernel you want to flash via fastboot.

#116 mrbiggleswurth3

mrbiggleswurth3

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

I tried it said faild to adb to won't read eifher

#117 mrbiggleswurth3

mrbiggleswurth3

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

HELP do I need to add fhr ota files in somewhere

#118 Guest_dullawolf_*

Guest_dullawolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

I got the security issue when I did the flashback to xmas eve update using option 1. I then did it from fastboot ap and got the same issue. Do i have to use the utility to install the update or was the flashback suppose to work? I am able to use another rom since i am using safestrap, so that keep me from being without a phone. 

#119 simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

I tried it said faild to adb to won't read eifher

Yea I had that happen to me as well at some point. I just ended up doing a clean install of stock and starting over. Not sure what else to do. Maybe someone else can chime in on this....

#120 Bobvs57

Bobvs57

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but here is what happens:

I thied the utility the first ti8me using AP Fastboot instruction - It said all was good, rebooted phone but I still don't have the .16 kernel

I then tried the ADB selection - Found device, Sending 'boot' writing 'boot' rebooting . . make sure to install a jellybean Official . . .   Whne the phone reboots I still have the .8 kernel.  What am I doing wrong?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users