Photo

DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

• Please log in to reply
585 replies to this topic

#421 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

Woah! Whoop! Did I miss something?I just realized that the JB firmware that step one installed here is the official release

Huh?? What did you expect it to be??

• johnthehillbilly, cmh714 and jl90 like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#422 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

I wasnt looking to interpret that post :)

I figured if there was a real question then he/she would repost with better info.

• johnthehillbilly likes this

#423 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:07 AM

Yeah I've done that a few times before and after the succesful flash. I've also tried to fastboot flash the boot.img again, but don't have the option of fastboot when the usb is in but that might be a locked device issue.

Fastboot is available on all razr devices whether the bootloader is locked or not.

Also, are you sure you're flashing correctly? You state you've flashed so you had to have been in fastboot mode. Guess I'm a little confused by what you're saying.

I would disconnect from usb, power off your phone, then hold the volume up and volume volume down and power buttons. That should give you a menu where you can select the fastboot option.

Use the volume down button to select highlight the fastboot menu item, then press volume up to activate fastboot. Then hook up your phone to the pc and run the utility.

Also, was your phone on the latest jb update? If not, you need to be.

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#424 CoyotesFan4Evr

CoyotesFan4Evr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationArizona
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HTC Droid DNA

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:27 AM

OK, I'm about ready to chuck this phone and the lap top out my second story window. I know I have the drivers, I know I have the program, I know that I have everything set up right but for whatever reason when I run the program on my lap top for the root it basically closes as soon as I hit a key like it says to do. I have NO IDEA what to do at this point. I'm in AP Fastboot mode, I have followed the directions very well and very clearly. OK, I'll stop repeating myself. It's purely out of frustration. I'm really just confused on what else I need in order for this to work. In all my reading on the way to do this have I missed anything??? If so...what valueable step did I miss?? Thank you for the help.

#425 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:00 AM

Well you didnt really provide enough information for us to help you....what PC OS do you have, you cant be using USB 3.0, you need the latest drivers, you need to make sure there arent any other drivers goofing things up. you need to use the Moto USB cable not some cheapo.

You need to run the utility as Admin if windows. You should do it from a command line so you can be sure youre in the right directlry. And of course this is assuming that you actually extracted the utility.

#426 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

OK, I'm about ready to chuck this phone and the lap top out my second story window. I know I have the drivers, I know I have the program, I know that I have everything set up right but for whatever reason when I run the program on my lap top for the root it basically closes as soon as I hit a key like it says to do. I have NO IDEA what to do at this point. I'm in AP Fastboot mode, I have followed the directions very well and very clearly. OK, I'll stop repeating myself. It's purely out of frustration. I'm really just confused on what else I need in order for this to work. In all my reading on the way to do this have I missed anything??? If so...what valueable step did I miss?? Thank you for the help.

Exit out of all command windows, then check in task manager and make sure adb is not still running. If it is, kill it and then run the bat again.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4

#427 CoyotesFan4Evr

CoyotesFan4Evr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:11 AM

I apologize for the lack of information when I asked for help. I got it fixed. I was trying to use the Batman utility that I downloaded and thought was the right one to use. I kept reading all over the place and found that Razr Blade was what I was needing. And to answer some of what you guys were asking, I have windows 7. I have all the right drivers for sure. I uninstalled the moto ones and then when I connected my phone again I let them download all over again so I knew that I had the right ones. The important thing here is, is that I did get it fixed and I appreciate the help that you all gave to me. Now for a little bit more help....what is the batman utility for anyways? If it's not for rooting the phone then what is it? From what I understand it's supposed to root the phone, but yet it won't run anything on my computer when I launch it and hit any key. Anywho, thanks everyone very much for the help. I'm glad that I was able to figure it out in the end.

• cmh714 likes this

#428 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

Matt (Batman) writes the utilities to make the entire process easier for the masses. He usually includes the fastboot files with the FXZ to get you back to stock, he also includes the root exploit in this case for the 912 its Razr_Blade, he includes Safestrap so that after you root, you can create slots and flash custom rom's.

The fact that its not functioning properly on your PC has to do with something on your PC. Either the way you extracted it, or how your running it is what is causing the problem. I usually extract the utility, then open a Command prompt, change int the folder where you extracted and then run the utility from the command line. Others have had issues because the folder they extract to, has a space in the folder name, thats goofing things up.

Glad your working though.

• johnthehillbilly likes this

#429 CoyotesFan4Evr

CoyotesFan4Evr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

Perhaps I should keep my nOOb status for awhile because even with having done a good number of roots and flashes oh....since the HTC Droid Eris would be my first ever victim. I still don't like messing with command lines unless I have to. I do have good reasons though. One is, I screwed something up whenever I first started messing with this in the first place. One little thing gets put out of place and it's like the sky is falling(at least to me anyways). You are probably right that it's something with the computer, but I will say this. I have rooted the photon, bionic, and the maxx is the only one that has given me issues. I do however have it done but still, for the record I want that out there.

#430 CharmPeddler

CharmPeddler

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

Ok, so i was under the impression that option #1 would completely wipe my phone back to stock? when i plugged my phone into the computer there were still all the same files in the storage location? many app folders and even the safestrap folder/ partitions. does this not COMPLETELY set it back to "off the shelf stock"?

#431 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

Ok, so i was under the impression that option #1 would completely wipe my phone back to stock? when i plugged my phone into the computer there were still all the same files in the storage location? many app folders and even the safestrap folder/ partitions. does this not COMPLETELY set it back to "off the shelf stock"?

It wipes your phone but does not format your internal or external SD cards

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#432 CharmPeddler

CharmPeddler

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

Is there a tool that will do that?

#433 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

Is there a tool that will do that?

If I recall you can do it in the settings under storage

• CharmPeddler likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#434 CharmPeddler

CharmPeddler

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

thanks!

#435 fets

fets

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

Hi,

So, did this from 6.12.181... b/c I am like the iceman from South Park and behind on life. No issues until the phone restarted. Then snow mode. Cannot access recovery mode, I get a droid with his chest open and a error sign. Wiped and reinstalled from settings>privacy. Still snow. Reran step #1, still snow. I actually do not even know what the correct term to describe what's going on, except snow.

So, any advice? Pic posted. Also, unfortunately on a mac.

TIA!!!!!!!

Attached Files

#436 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

Er.. This looks like a hardware issue :/

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

• heffzilla likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#437 fets

fets

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

I've never had that before. I found this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

RSD Lite isn't compatable with my computer though.

#438 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

Defiantly not the utilities fault . either a hardware or user Issue

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#439 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

Hi,

So, did this from 6.12.181... b/c I am like the iceman from South Park and behind on life. No issues until the phone restarted. Then snow mode. Cannot access recovery mode, I get a droid with his chest open and a error sign. Wiped and reinstalled from settings>privacy. Still snow. Reran step #1, still snow. I actually do not even know what the correct term to describe what's going on, except snow.

So, any advice? Pic posted. Also, unfortunately on a mac.

TIA!!!!!!!

I've never had that before. I found this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

RSD Lite isn't compatable with my computer though

the only cure we have seen for that (if it is not a hardware issue) is to use RSDLite ....... so you would to have access to a Windows computer, or run windows in a virtual environment.....

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#440 strahd8088

strahd8088

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

Hello,

Has anyone lost LTE connectivity?  I rooted and installed Cyanogenmod spyder 10.1.3.  LTE was functioning, now it isn't (for the mod or this "stock" Jellybean install).  I just wiped and reinstalled JB with this utility, but that didn't fix anything.

My Baseband Version is: CDMA_N_05.21.00R  
Stock Baseband Version is: CDMA_N_05.21.00R LTEDC_U_09.1D.00

I have another RAZR (never rooted) with the stock baseband that uses LTE without issue.  How do I flash the old baseband to get LTE back?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users